GC Pocket Queries

For all your general chit chat, caching or not.
Webguy
2100 or more geocaches found
2100 or more geocaches found

GC Pocket Queries

Post by Webguy » 24 February 08 4:26 pm

For nearly a week, I have not been receiving my GC pocket queries, though on the site, they show as having been generated. They are not being caught up in my AntiSpam system so is anybody else no longer receiving theirs?

setsujoku
3500 or more caches found
3500 or more caches found
Twitter: BGNWP

Post by setsujoku » 24 February 08 4:36 pm

mine are all good here, running like clock work for SA, WA, VIC, and NSW

i even updated all of my date ranges on my PQ's using C@W's Cache Hidden Range tool :!:

Jezzza_Xtreme
600 or more caches found
600 or more caches found

Post by Jezzza_Xtreme » 24 February 08 5:13 pm

Hey, that's a cool tool!

Big Matt and Shell
6500 or more caches found
Twitter: BigMattandShell

Post by Big Matt and Shell » 24 February 08 6:50 pm

Mine are all still fine. I just got back from a weekend in the Hunter Valley to 15 PQ's in the inbox.

Papa Bear_Left
800 or more hollow logs searched
800 or more hollow logs searched

Post by Papa Bear_Left » 25 February 08 12:40 pm

Mine are all still regularly clogging up the 10MB mailbox I send them to, while I'm on dial-up and not automatically downloading them!

Team Red Roo
5500 or more caches found
5500 or more caches found

Post by Team Red Roo » 25 February 08 12:49 pm

Papa Bear_Left wrote:Mine are all still regularly clogging up the 10MB mailbox I send them to, while I'm on dial-up and not automatically downloading them!
That's why they invented GMail :lol:

Or at least, why I use it :D

chatmanais
150 or more caches found
150 or more caches found

Post by chatmanais » 28 April 08 1:18 pm

Can anyone help me out with the use of pocket queries or caches along a route. I have been a premium member for around 6 months now and when i first joined i was excited by the fact that i could use this wonderful thing known as a pocket query. I couldnt figure it out when i first tried and so didnt use it for some time. I have had another go at it now and either there is something i am doing wrong or its just not working for me.

I am trying to generate a query to show me my unfound caches within a certain radius of my home coordinates. It seems no matter how many boxes i have ticked or not ticked, no matter what i try (even from different home coordinates and different search options) the only thing that ever happens is that when i preview the query search results it comes up with 'no results found' and never emails me anything regarding the query. Just once the other day when i tried i received an email immediately saying that there were no results.

I am running firefox and thought it might have been browser compatibility, but then tried on IE7 and also opera. But to no avail. Can anyone offer any assistance to me at all?

Big Matt and Shell
Twitter: BigMattandShell

Post by Big Matt and Shell » 28 April 08 6:23 pm

Give me a call on the mobile number on my profile and I can talk you through it if you like!

chatmanais
150 or more caches found
150 or more caches found

Post by chatmanais » 28 April 08 7:59 pm

As always seems to be the case - as soon as i ask for assistance it actually works. Something to do with Murphys law maybe.

I tried the pq again and this time the only thing i did differently was with where the pq searched from... last time i was using my home coords, this time i used the coords of a cache closest to where i live (about 300m away)

Possibly there is a problem with my home coordinates..?? whatever happened it seems to have worked this time. Thanks for the offers of assistance guys.

Cheers

caughtatwork

Post by caughtatwork » 28 April 08 8:27 pm

There have been reports of this type of problem with PQ.
Either use a set of co-ordinates (other than "home") or chose a close cache as you have done.

murf
400 or more spectacular views seen
400 or more spectacular views seen

Post by murf » 28 April 08 8:36 pm

Firstly, I had nothing to do with that law... and it plagues me just as much if not more than most :D

Just tried this out of curiosity, and it appeared to work fine... It might be worth checking your home coordinates, a simple test would be to go to your http://www.geocaching.com/my/ page and use the "Search for nearest caches from your home coordinates" link on the top right hand side.

If that doesnt work, or looks wierd, your home coords might be simply transposed... just check they are similar to S 35 Something and E 149 Something, and not the other way round (S 149 - E 35, or N 35 - W 149).

rhinogeo
2700 or more caches found
2700 or more caches found
Twitter: rhinogeo

Post by rhinogeo » 28 April 08 9:25 pm

It probably doesn't qualify as a problem but I've been receiving some PQs <i>twice</i> on the same day :?