[Fun but on topic] Silly records

For all your general chit chat, caching or not.
SamCarter
1400 or more caches found
1400 or more caches found

[Fun but on topic] Silly records

Post by SamCarter » 23 December 07 10:40 pm

Many of us will chant the mantra that "it's not about the numbers" but although we may say this I suspect everybody would like to be the proud holder of some sort of notable statistic. Well, here is your chance to be a record-holder. The secret, of course, is to come up with a suitable category. I have tried to get the ball rolling with some ideas and I am sure you can use your imaginations to come up with additional categories. All I ask is that the claims made are true. You may, of course, claim for yourself a record that someone else has claimed if your "performance" is better.

Here is the first batch of record claims.

Greatest number of finds without a first-to-find: 220 ... and still counting (SamCarter)

Greatest number of poles wiped out by a car while caching: 1 (jointly held by Knot_gillty and udderchaos)

Most caches found in a day with 16-month-old triplets in tow: 2 (SG-3)

Largest distance from an active cacher's base to a cache (either found or unfound): seems to be at least 1000km (traineediplomat, in Tonga)

Greatest number of people simultaneously finding a physical cache (can be during an event, but may not be the event itself): 20 (Sep 22, 2007, at "Just a simple puzzle")

Greatest number of teapots: 274 (Bronze ... but I may have miscounted)

Greatest number of days a flight has been changed by in order to attend an event: 2 (SamCarter)

Go for it; have fun.

caughtatwork

Post by caughtatwork » 23 December 07 10:46 pm

Highest number of finds by a cacher being the last time the cache was found before being archived:
Team Geo-Nads: 27

The Morris
8500 or more caches found
8500 or more caches found

Post by The Morris » 24 December 07 8:48 am

Greatest number of sunglasses lost while caching: 4 (Lady Morris)

Cached
2500 or more caches found
2500 or more caches found

Post by Cached » 24 December 07 9:05 am

Greatest number of GPS's lost (and not returned) whilst caching - 2 (Cached)

traineediplomat
4000 or more? I'm officially obsessed.

Post by traineediplomat » 24 December 07 10:55 am

yeah but now my base is in Canberra...

Papa Bear_Left
800 or more hollow logs searched

Post by Papa Bear_Left » 24 December 07 2:08 pm

Fewest number of caches found while part of a record-breaking 24-hour cache assault team: 1 (me!)

traineediplomat

Post by traineediplomat » 24 December 07 5:25 pm

Most number of caches contemplated putting out but still haven't?

Me : um A lot

ZED!
500 or more caches logged

Post by ZED! » 24 December 07 6:41 pm

traineediplomat wrote:Most number of caches contemplated putting out but still haven't?

Me : um A lot
I have 27 in that category, of which GCY6NQ, R, T & V were created Sept '06 and GCZZ9F turned 1 today.

But maybe that's a record to be set, the longest time sitting on a cache before publishing it.

wombles
250 or more caches found
250 or more caches found

Post by wombles » 24 December 07 7:39 pm

eeep I'd better get hunting for a ftf or I'll be replacing Samcarter on that record list!

The Swaggies
3000 or more caches found
3000 or more caches found

Re: [Fun but on topic] Silly records

Post by The Swaggies » 24 December 07 8:00 pm

SamCarter wrote:
Greatest number of finds without a first-to-find: 220 ... and still counting (SamCarter)

Greatest number of poles wiped out by a car while caching: 1 (jointly held by Knot_gillty and udderchaos)
Greatest number of finds without a first=to-find: 445.

Also we will join Knot_guilty and udderchaos on one pole as well. But if you count little poles in car parks as well we could just squeeze that to 2!!

Papa Bear_Left

Post by Papa Bear_Left » 24 December 07 9:02 pm

nobodyZ wrote:But maybe that's a record to be set, the longest time sitting on a cache before publishing it.
I'll have a go at that! "Palmistry", GCNEGY, 4NOV05 and still not complete!
(I have the software, the final's been in place for a year or more, and I now have a place for the start-point, but I've misplaced the Palm I bought for it! And it needs to be a specific model...)

ZED!

Post by ZED! » 24 December 07 9:20 pm

Did you notice I didn't claim the record? I had your cache in mind as I typed it.

2 of my Sept caches were put on long term hold after Ozlizard put the first WP for Philosphers Stone where I was going to hide a Trad and then they put a Trad(Xmas Tree Creek) near one of the WPs for my multi.

Team Piggy

Post by Team Piggy » 24 December 07 9:52 pm

Papa Bear_Left wrote:
nobodyZ wrote:But maybe that's a record to be set, the longest time sitting on a cache before publishing it.
I'll have a go at that! "Palmistry", GCNEGY, 4NOV05 and still not complete!
(I have the software, the final's been in place for a year or more, and I now have a place for the start-point, but I've misplaced the Palm I bought for it! And it needs to be a specific model...)
Sadly Ian I can better you by a paltry year or two or.... :oops: .

GCGVYC The Border Dispute, "The Middle". Placed 28/3/2003, Put online 28/08/2003.
I just need to find my notes to check the final sums (puzzle cache) and havent got around to it........

Though a certain high scoring interstate travelling caching team have found it a couple of times when doing checks on it for me !!!

Udderchaos
400 or more spectacular views seen
400 or more spectacular views seen

Post by Udderchaos » 24 December 07 10:23 pm

greatest number a gps was left next to a cache for and returned to its owner .

62 days scojohara

and the pole story is sadly true.. :) took pole, left hole :lol:

ZED!

Post by ZED! » 24 December 07 11:42 pm

I'll open the bidding......

The tortoise lost - 10
(Record for the most hiding spots pinched by someone else because you were too slow in the planning)

Walyunga,Avon Valley - Agnuy LAw Views unarchived by Haywat as well as a new one placed 30m from my GZ named Walyunga Dreaming by Gekko1, missed the FTF because it was published 35 minutes after I arrived home from removing my cache.
Blackboy Hill Commemorial - Anzac Hill by Gekko1 (got FTF instead)
Noble Falls - Falling Nobility by Gekko1 (got FTF instead)
The Black Church, Greenhills - Black Sabbath by Albino Surf & Shenbot
Rabbit catch, RPF2 Wamenusking - Hopping Mad by Albino Surf (got FTF instead)
Narembeen History Museum - The Great Train Robbery by Governor Phillip (got FTF instead)
Red Hill x 2 - Philosphers Stone & Christmas Tree Creek by ozlizard (both only 1.5km from home and still unfound coz I spat the dummy)
Beacon - Gekko1 placed some before I scoped the area, got 3 x FTF instead.
Mukinbuddin - Placed so many around but not scoped the actual town yet, Cache of Legends by louie the fly has scatched that location off my list.

Near miss.
Kokerbin Rock - Kokerbin Cache by Albino Surf. Although mine was insitu for something like 4 weeks it was eventually published 10 days later than Albino Surf's thanks to TheUMP's generosity with them only apart 220m laterally, but they were seperated 120m vertcally as well.(got FTF too)

Honourable mention.
Gooralong Park, Jarradale. The authorities closed off the camping/picnic grounds but although the walk trails remain open the 2 other geocaches there were archived stalling my plans.