Cacheopoly

A place to talk about the Geocaching Australia dragonZone and other games
Now_To_Morrow
3500 or more caches found

Re: Cacheopoly

Post by Now_To_Morrow » 02 December 23 7:17 pm

Not sure if admins know this already, but you have to zoom in a lot to read the card you get. And some cards text overlaps. Examples:

The game is designed for full screen monitors. We tried our best to make it useable on a mobile but we can only do so well. This is something you will need to work around I'm afraid.

Now_To_Morrow

Post by Now_To_Morrow » 03 December 23 6:26 am

Am I correct to assume you must complete the task of the tile you land on before you can progress? I've read through the game description a couple of times but cannot see it.

whitewebbs
6500 or more caches found

Post by whitewebbs » 03 December 23 6:38 am

caughtatwork wrote:
22 November 23 9:08 am
As soon as you collect your current quest, you can roll again.

Quests must be on caches found on or after your last roll. So if I roll today and land on a quest, I cannot claim a cache that I found and logged yesterday. The cache must have been found / hidden today or later. e.g. I roll and land on a coloured quest. I find and log a cache that meets that criteria today. I can roll again. I get a different coloured quest. I find and log a cache that meets that criteria today. I can roll again. What I cannot do is use a coloured cache that I logged yesterday to meet the quest for today. The quest must have been achieved on or after the date your rolled.

You cannot build up a large backlog of logged caches and then just roll and roll and roll. But you could "find" caches and then only "log" them on the correct day. That's not in the spirit of the game of geocaching, but the game does not stop you doing that. Your moral compass will guide you there.

People who falsely log caches, get a roll, delete the log and move on will be summarily disqualified. We're about fun and games, not about cheating the system.

You will start on the "GO" tile and gain the points for landing on Go.
This may help

Now_To_Morrow

Post by Now_To_Morrow » 03 December 23 1:48 pm

I read the game description over and over but didn't think to read past forum messages. Haha. Thanks.

whitewebbs

Post by whitewebbs » 07 December 23 7:38 am

I noticed in the orange section of locationless caches to do that there is a cache GA14992 that says it will be archived but it is still active. Does it need replacing with a valid locationless cache?

caughtatwork

Post by caughtatwork » 07 December 23 8:33 am

Now archived.

whitewebbs

Post by whitewebbs » 07 December 23 3:18 pm

GA6753 needs archiving as well as no longer a valid locationless. Appears in green

2y'stassies
10000 or more caches found
10000 or more caches found

Post by 2y'stassies » 09 December 23 10:11 pm

GA14486 Baden-Powell's birthday is listed as a valid cache find for Cacheopoly Brown The logging requirement is that a scouting related photo be taken on Founders Day, 22 february. This date is outside the game time. A photo cant be taken during the game so this cache cannot be logged during the game as a photo would have to pre date the game start. It needs to be removed from the brown list and replaced by a cache that is doable during the game time.

whitewebbs

Post by whitewebbs » 10 December 23 12:57 pm

The game is underway. I haven't done locationless caches for a long time and now I am more aware of the surroundings and what might fit in with daily activities. A trip to Bunnings resulted in a find for a lunch stop cache. An interesting game and interactive as you watch your moves around the board. Thanks for all the work in creating.

Tassie Trekkers

Post by Tassie Trekkers » 19 December 23 10:04 pm

Today after we logged a quest our score progressed over 1000, then after checking what our next quest was it dropped back to 999.99. Logged another 2 quests and same thing happened. Just wondering if the score is limited to 999.99

caughtatwork

Post by caughtatwork » 20 December 23 8:38 am

Not intentionally. I have changed the DB field to allow for 99999.99 now. I will adjust your points and provide a nominal bonus for the inconvenience and for finding the bug.

Tassie Trekkers

Post by Tassie Trekkers » 20 December 23 9:03 am

Many thanks

ikkibrady

Post by ikkibrady » 22 December 23 1:23 pm

Hi, just wanted to check in on a rule for cachopoly.

It says you can only uses caches not previously found. But it doesn't mention your own hides.
Can you use your own caches that you have not yet found. Specifically moveables that aren't in thier original hidey hole, and loctioneless that you haven't found yet to make a claim, or are they also off limit

whitewebbs

Post by whitewebbs » 22 December 23 5:37 pm

I have found my own locationless caches over the 12 years I have cached along with my own moveables if they have been picked up and moved on. For the games if you hide a moveable you can't find it in the games as code already used.

Gullivers Travels54

Post by Gullivers Travels54 » 10 January 24 12:28 pm

Hi We have noticed this segment in the guidelines
**Cacheopoly tags will be added to the game on announcement and new locationless caches created and published after the announcement has been made will not be assigned a tag **
is this still an option that will happen ,cheers Gullivers travels54