Cacheopoly

A place to talk about the Geocaching Australia dragonZone and other games
caughtatwork

Re: Cacheopoly

Post by caughtatwork » 10 January 24 3:37 pm

Caches that existed at the announcement have been tagged, that's how the game is running.

New caches will not be assigned a tag, so if you're looking for a tag to be assigned to any new caches created after the game started, sorry, they won't be tagged.

Now_To_Morrow
3500 or more caches found
3500 or more caches found

Post by Now_To_Morrow » 01 February 24 6:20 am

Thanks for another fun game. I really got into it in December. I even made spreadsheets for all locationless colours. It was fun. I just kept getting the "hide any" tile and found myself hiding caches that I wasn't happy with so got stuck. I would have liked to play the whole time but couldn't get past that tile. I wouldn't be surprised if the majority of dice-rolling only cachers rolled a hide only tile first go and couldn't move on. Haha.

I hope to see the pathtags up for sale soon as I wasn't among the many that won one.

Thanks for your work and the clever idea. =D>

2y'stassies
10000 or more caches found
10000 or more caches found

Post by 2y'stassies » 01 February 24 6:52 am

Thanks for another fun game over summer caughtatwork, MattyRx and all the helpers. We had very limited time and despite spending a lot of playing time landing on DNF and missing the 25 points for going passed the start we managed to play to the end. Plotting our way through summer kept our brains going.
Thanks again everyone. =D> =D> =D> =D>

geono.
7000 or more caches found
7000 or more caches found

Post by geono. » 01 February 24 9:19 am

A fun unpredictable game, thanks to the organisers. =D> Well played 2y'stassies! The bonus points got in the way of my plotting into your spot in the end. :lol: Looking forward to receiving the virtual icon.

caughtatwork

Post by caughtatwork » 01 February 24 10:00 am

Thanks to everyone for playing. Got pipped at the post for 10th place at the last minute, but I'm cool with that.

Reward emails will be out around midday AEDT.

There were 34 prize winners and I need to ensure that the majority of those receive their reward and doesn't get lost in the mail before we decide if we're going to sell the "leftovers". The remaining tags will be up in the shop in a week or two or three :-)

Please provide your constructive feedback to this thread and the game developers will continue to use your feedback to improve future games. A decent lift in the number of caches found and hidden at GCA in December and January.
https://geocaching.com.au/stats/graphs/ ... s_by_month
https://geocaching.com.au/stats/graphs/ ... s_by_month

Hopefully more hides will allow more people to find at GCA as well\, so thanks go to those who were able to make some hides during the game. The developers will be reviewing the hides to see whether they have any longevity or whether they quickly fall into disrepair and get archived. That will help inform future games as well.

Nicko
1 or more caches found
1 or more caches found

Post by Nicko » 02 February 24 10:55 am

Unpredictable is definitely the right word for this game. For quite a while I was sitting in a prize spot 25 I think then got bumped out. Decided to let fate take it course and was pleasantly surprised to share spot 40 at the end of the month.

caughtatwork

Post by caughtatwork » 06 February 24 3:00 pm

Th first round of 19 Cacheopoly pathtag rewards will be in the mail this afternoon (when I head down to the letterbox). There's another dozen or so waiting for people to let me know their mailing address. https://geocaching.com.au/my/reward/ so get on to that, fill in your details and we;ll send your reward out in the mail.