A place to talk about the Geocaching Australia dragonZone and other games
Team737
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/lee.drury.71066/

Re: Future Games

Post by Team737 » 30 April 22 9:26 pm

No_Tomorrow wrote:
30 April 22 3:45 pm
Okay...
So let's assume there were no pathtag rewards for games. Would people still be interested in being part of a fun challenge game still? If yes, please respond to the below.

....snipped....

- something new like a geocaching twist on a board game like battleships?

- another type of game/challenge I've missed listing here?
I love the games/challenges.... anything that prods us out to somewhere new!
I'll put in a vote for a battleships-esque type game, as that was really fun last year, but anything along those lines would be cool.

A finds challenge game, encouraging finds on unusual cache types would be good - podcast/gadget etc?

We don't need a pathtag reward, even just a virtual icon is fine.... although saying that, my son has just developed a desire to collect pathtags, so our thoughts on that may change! :)

Now_To_Morrow
3500 or more caches found

Post by Now_To_Morrow » 30 April 22 9:50 pm

Just a cacher wrote:
30 April 22 6:58 pm
Do you mean real stickers, or the virtual kind?
I was thinking real physical stickers might be an alternative/ cheaper option and might make people who only play for rewards more likely to join in. I think that's a bit sad though to be honest.
That question was meant for caughtatwork, but I didn't make that very clear. Apologies.

It appears prizes (geocoins, pathtags, etc) for playing/winning the games is the main topic of conversation in this thread rather than the games themselves, so I can see how the games were placed on hiatus.

caughtatwork

Post by caughtatwork » 02 May 22 9:45 am

https://www.stickermule.com/au/products ... t-stickers

Depending on what and when you buy (prices are in USD), sticker are up to $2.00 each, plus the postage costs as discussed. To be honest I can't think of anything that's cheap enough to use without caring about the cost that people will want.

Some people will always be about the WIIFM (What's In It For Me) and that's OK, but ultimately we run a very lean ship and simply can't afford those costs on a frequent basis so the same folks see the activity as "not worthwhile" :cry:

Now_To_Morrow

Post by Now_To_Morrow » 06 May 22 10:57 pm

I've decided to withdraw from this conversation. Keep chatting amongst yourselves. I'll still read new posts but I'm no longer trying to find a way for games to happen again. I look forward to partaking in any game that might come up in the future.