Battleships

A place to talk about the Geocaching Australia dragonZone and other games
Lil Rafa

Re: Battleships

Post by Lil Rafa » 01 August 21 2:00 pm

I also want to add my thanks to the organisers of this latest game.

I agree that having two months and not having moveable finds as part of the game made the game really equitable. My partner and I certainly enjoyed travelling around the state and exploring areas and roads we have not travelled down before, looking for caches that had been placed for the game. Some excellent hides - thanks to all those cachers who placed caches before the start of the game.

In the end, where you placed on the ladder did come down to luck, which also makes it fairer. It was also good to see so many people participating in the game. I've only been participating in GCA games for the last couple of years, but I don't think I've seen so many different names on the ladder.

Great game!

budgietas
10000 or more caches found

Post by budgietas » 01 August 21 5:04 pm

I want to add my voice to the chorus of appreciation for this game.
Generally June and July are dead months for caching in Tasmania, but this game has game has certainly given the community and myself a goal to “get out and go caching”.
It also gave me the kick I needed to go and place a series I have wanted to for many years.

Thank you dragonzone guardians for the game. I really enjoyed it, and hope another of these comes along in the future.

Team737
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/lee.drury.71066/

Post by Team737 » 01 August 21 8:02 pm

Yep - well done to the game admins. We had a ball, its a pity we don't have that much around us, but certainly did more GA caches than we would normally, because of our thirst for ammo! We also hid our first GA trad.... We struggled to hit much after some early luck, but enjoyed ourselves....
Thanks again....

2y'stassies

Post by 2y'stassies » 02 August 21 6:55 pm

We would like to added our thanks and congratulations to the organisers of the DZ Battleships game. The game length gave plenty of time for those who had limited caching time. We think the removal of moveables from the caches that counted as finds worked well. Perhaps they should also be removed from qualifying hides.

Like a previous comment we were a little disappointed at the quality of some of the caches published during the games.

We were lucky to be on the big island when the game was announced and for two weeks in June which meant we had access to GCA caches in southern NSW and the ACT. We did not have to quarantine when we got back to Tassie so had fun planning our attack. We do feel for those cachers who spent the major part of the game locked down and for those who had few caches to find.

Thanks again organisers. We hope there will be an occasional challenging game in the future. =D> =D> =D> =D>