dragonZone Research Tasks

A place to talk about the Geocaching Australia dragonZone and other games
caughtatwork

dragonZone Research Tasks

Post by caughtatwork » 23 July 19 3:50 pm

The guardians of the dragonZones are noticing mysterious happenings and the Head Guardian needs your help.

A series of research tasks have been prepared for you to complete to help the Head Guardian understand what the mysterious happenings are all about. There are 5 tiers levels of research tasks from very easy through to very difficult. Some research tasks will ask you to find geocaches with different attributes such as difficulty or terrain, the year they were hidden, to try and find many of the same sorts of geocache on the same day or many other types of research.

If you are interested in helping the Head Guardian out by nominating as a BETA tester, then please reply to this post and I shall add you to his list and provide you with details as to where you can seek the Research Task activities.

There is a limited number of beta positions available, so first in best dressed.

mattyrx
850 or more found!!!
850 or more found!!!

Re: dragonZone Research Tasks

Post by mattyrx » 23 July 19 5:53 pm

Sign me up in helping the Head Guardian figure out what all these mysterious happenings are about. I'm sure we will get to the bottom of it.

Chwiliwr
10000 or more caches found

Post by Chwiliwr » 23 July 19 7:53 pm

I would also like to help test these tasks

caughtatwork

Post by caughtatwork » 24 July 19 10:00 am

You have both been PM'd

whitewebbs
6500 or more caches found

Post by whitewebbs » 13 August 19 7:45 pm

I have seen the tab 'research' and its tasks does this mean I am a beta tester or is it now open to everyone?

2y'stassies

Post by 2y'stassies » 17 August 19 7:08 pm

Several days ago I did my research for the 5 tasks listed. Due to currently being in South Australia only two are feasible. Using my queries I identified the caches we could find. Tomorrow we had intended to complete the first task by finding a GCA traditional, regular cache that is nearby at an elevation of 147m.
I was surprised to see today that we have already had this task ticked off as we picked up a small, moveable cache yesterday. This was not part of our research, just a cache that happened to be inside a GC cache we found. It would appear that we got x7 and a reward of 68. I presume that we would have got a bigger reward if we had found the regular trad instead of the small moveable. I also assume, may be incorrectly, that finding the trad regular now will not count.
Does this mean we cannot select the caches used for research tasks?
We like the idea of these research tasks but are still working out how this works. Any help would be appreciated.

caughtatwork

Post by caughtatwork » 18 August 19 7:39 pm

whitewebbs wrote:
13 August 19 7:45 pm
I have seen the tab 'research' and its tasks does this mean I am a beta tester or is it now open to everyone?
Open to everyone. This was announced in the dZ news on your My dragonZone page last Wednesday.

caughtatwork

Post by caughtatwork » 18 August 19 7:39 pm

2y'stassies wrote:
17 August 19 7:08 pm
Several days ago I did my research for the 5 tasks listed. Due to currently being in South Australia only two are feasible. Using my queries I identified the caches we could find. Tomorrow we had intended to complete the first task by finding a GCA traditional, regular cache that is nearby at an elevation of 147m.
I was surprised to see today that we have already had this task ticked off as we picked up a small, moveable cache yesterday. This was not part of our research, just a cache that happened to be inside a GC cache we found. It would appear that we got x7 and a reward of 68. I presume that we would have got a bigger reward if we had found the regular trad instead of the small moveable. I also assume, may be incorrectly, that finding the trad regular now will not count.
Does this mean we cannot select the caches used for research tasks?
We like the idea of these research tasks but are still working out how this works. Any help would be appreciated.
It does not matter which geocaches you pick to complete the task. Any that fit the criteria complete the task if you visit that page befrore the tasks are recycled on Wednesdat AEST. Rewards are rewarded based on a "maximum possible" which is generated via random number generation, so nothing you can do or find will change that. Once a task is complete it is done for this period.
The way get "better" rewards is by doing harded research tasks for which the guardians will reward you.

whitewebbs

Post by whitewebbs » 18 August 19 8:02 pm

So does that mean you don't have to start at research task 1 and work up to research task 5 then?

Chwiliwr

Post by Chwiliwr » 18 August 19 10:35 pm

whitewebbs wrote:
18 August 19 8:02 pm
So does that mean you don't have to start at research task 1 and work up to research task 5 then?
You do whatever you are able to do. It doesn't matter what order or if in any order at all.

This weeks task1 for me is not able to be done but I can two of the other level tasks.

petan
850 or more found!!!
850 or more found!!!
Location: One foot on either side of the border (SE Qld/NE NSW)

Post by petan » 19 August 19 6:07 pm

I gather Research Tasks are different for each person?

The tasks for petan are different to those allocated to SambooBear. Yet both are listed as being in the same state and in the same clan.

caughtatwork

Post by caughtatwork » 20 August 19 9:15 am

petan wrote:
19 August 19 6:07 pm
I gather Research Tasks are different for each person?

The tasks for petan are different to those allocated to SambooBear. Yet both are listed as being in the same state and in the same clan.
Yes they are. There are around 170 research tasks from Level 1 through to Level 5 that are randomly selected each Wednesday. You will not receive the same tasks two weeks in a row, but you will eventually see some duplication.

Smittengranny

Post by Smittengranny » 24 August 19 1:33 am

After having an absolute ball during the last game, I have been absolutely frustrated this game. We are currently travelling in Queensland Gulf Country where there are no beacon caches,no night caches and in fact very few caches at all other than Trigs and Burke and Wills (inaccessible some). So I was glad to hear that we do not have to do the tasks in the order laid down and will go back and look again at my tasks for this week. Just a pity I didn't realise that last week. Thanks for all the time and effort that is put into these games. As I said, I benefitted greatly from the last game which was the first one I participated in. Cheers.

whitewebbs

Post by whitewebbs » 24 August 19 7:53 am

From what I understand this isn't a game but here to stay. Something else to challenge your geocaching week. There is even a Blaze trophy to work towards!

whitewebbs

Post by whitewebbs » 27 August 19 5:17 pm

I have done a level 5 task today and havenot received any points? When I did a Level 1 task I got points added straight away. The same happened for Level 2 today but not for 5 today? Can the faeries throw any light on this please?