Journey or Destination

A place to talk about the Geocaching Australia dragonZone and other games
tronador
6500 or more caches found

Journey or Destination

Post by tronador » 01 December 18 11:13 pm

I'm afraid I don't get it. How do I start? Do I find a cache first or click a square first. Will the square tell me what to do?

Geocaching Australia

Re: Journey or Destination

Post by Geocaching Australia » 02 December 18 9:33 am

(A quick how to)...

Find one of the qualifying caches i.e. Trad, Multi, Puzzle etc, as per the list on the game page. Hiding a qualifying cache is also part of the game.

Log your find or publish your cache.

Go onto the games page and click on ‘choose path’.

Once you have your board up, the system will recognise that you have 1 qualifying find and you will have 1 ‘step’ available.

Click anywhere on the board and you will either find part of the path (maybe the start or finish if you really lucky), a piece of plan brown dirt or a piece of plan brown dirt with points on it.

When you next log a find on a qualifying cache, or publish a new cache, you will be able to click on another square. This is around the time you might want to decide if you want to continue finding the path or finding points. That is entirely your choice...

If you find 5 caches on one day, log your finds and when you go back into your board, you will see you have 5 'steps' available. You don't have to log a cache and then into you board to choose a square to click on. Simply log all you finds for the day and go in and click on your chosen squares whenever.

Once you find a point square, your name will appear on the leader board with the number of points you have clicked on to date. Subsequent clicks on point squares will see you climb the ladder.

At the top of your game board you will see an example of each square, and how many steps you’ve taken and how many you still have available....and your total number of points. The more caches you find and hide, the more steps you receive.

Once you have your game board up, you will see how very easy it is.

Hope that helps. Choose wisely grasshopper…… :D

tronador

Post by tronador » 02 December 18 10:08 am

Thanks so much. I understand.

petan
850 or more found!!!
850 or more found!!!
Location: One foot on either side of the border (SE Qld/NE NSW)

Post by petan » 07 December 18 6:56 pm

Possibly a silly question... will there be 'bonuses' at specific times in the game period. My question is more along the line of …. there are only a limited number of GCA caches in this area, could I run into problems in the game period if I were to clear out all of those in a short period of time, or would it be better to pace myself?

Yes I know I can hide caches, I hid several before the end of November, and now that the really busy period at work has settled, I'll hide some more.

Heymissjo

Post by Heymissjo » 23 December 18 2:10 pm

Game play opened December 1st, but I only registered today. Does this mean that caches I found this month prior to registering for game don’t count?

Nessell

Post by Nessell » 23 December 18 10:18 pm

Heymissjo wrote:Game play opened December 1st, but I only registered today. Does this mean that caches I found this month prior to registering for game don’t count?
Hi Heymissjo, welcome to the games. For these games only finds on Geocaching Australia (geocaching.com.au) caches will count, not finds from geocaching.com. Have you found any GCA caches from this site?

Kittykatch
10000 or more caches found
10000 or more caches found

Post by Kittykatch » 04 January 19 9:33 am

Hey CAW

I just found my 'Destination'. Do I need to let you know or will winners be automatically identified?

Thanks for the game - it has been great fun and nice to try a different game.
I love the analogies between the game and geocaching too.
Thanks to all concerned for the work put into this game.

Regards
Kittykatch (Kath)
Canberra

Geocaching Australia

Post by Geocaching Australia » 05 January 19 7:17 am

Everything is done automatically. You still have 26 days though, so don't stop just because you've reached your destination...