Spring Caching Carnival 2018

A place to talk about the Geocaching Australia dragonZone and other games
tronador
6500 or more caches found

Spring Caching Carnival 2018

Post by tronador » 01 October 18 5:47 pm

Thank you so much for the shiny. It appears I've won one after receiving an email. Which column do we look at in the ladder to see who the overall winner is??? Congratulations to whoever it is.

MavEtJu
Twitter: @mavetju

Re: Spring Caching Carnival 2018

Post by MavEtJu » 01 October 18 6:49 pm

Yes, that would be very interesting to see whose dino I helped enough to push them over the line!

Edwin

caughtatwork

Post by caughtatwork » 01 October 18 7:45 pm

There were 43 prizes awarded. If you sort the columns in ascending order you will see the positions for that column. As a cacher can only win one prize you may find yourself a way down a particular column depending on who was the prize winner in previous columns. At a minimum three from every column were awarded prizes regardless of how far down the ladder they appeared if the people above them had already won a prize.

Thanks for participating in the game. We will be conducting a debrief on the game in our games admin forum to improve this and any future games based on the actions and behaviours we saw in this game. Thanks to everyone who has or will help shape future games.

tronador

Post by tronador » 01 October 18 7:58 pm

Thanks again. C@W....I for one really appreciate everything you do for the Aussie geocaching community.

phlphotos
3500 or more caches found
3500 or more caches found

Post by phlphotos » 01 October 18 9:36 pm

Thanks for running the game always interesting watching where the moveables can go in such a short time. Which order were the prizes allocated was it most, then distance or was it left to right.

caughtatwork

Post by caughtatwork » 01 October 18 10:19 pm

rogerw3
8000 or more caches found
8000 or more caches found

Post by rogerw3 » 01 October 18 10:25 pm

=D> :griffin
Wow! An unexpected Shiny and delighted to have won one.
Thanks for all the work you and the team put in for our enjoyment.
\:D/ :griffin

2y'stassies
10000 or more caches found
10000 or more caches found

Post by 2y'stassies » 02 October 18 12:37 am

Thanks for a very unexpected shiny and thanks for the work putting the Spring Carnival together C@W. It was an enjoyable way to get out and about in the spring weather chasing stampeding dinosaurs.

petan
850 or more found!!!
850 or more found!!!
Location: One foot on either side of the border (SE Qld/NE NSW)

Post by petan » 02 October 18 9:47 am

2y'stassies wrote: an enjoyable way to get out and about in the spring weather chasing stampeding dinosaurs.
Obviously southern dinosaurs are not as 'chilled' as those in the north. Brisbane had its own dinosaur herd where the terrible lizards gently traversed parks and fields in the Windsor district. Every dinosaur I picked up south of the QLD border expressed a wish to join the herd. Fortunately I, along with GCA friends further up the M1 were able to assist them on their quest. The exception to this was George and Steggy who are currently waiting for a ride hopefully South at McLean.

Seriously, it was a lot of fun, I even introduced a muggle colleague to the sport when we hid a dinosaur outside a work forum venue in Brisbane.

Thanks to the organising crew.