Codeword

A place to talk about the Geocaching Australia dragonZone and other games
pprass
10000 or more caches found

Codeword

Post by pprass » 18 December 17 4:27 pm

First time logging a cache for a long time in GCA :lol:
We just visited a "Virtual" cache and now trying to log it I am asked for a "codeword". Where do I get a codeword for a virtual?
GA11051

pprass

Re: Codeword

Post by pprass » 18 December 17 5:46 pm

OK - it's all fixed. Found what I had to do to get the codeword, but it wasn't working. CO has since fixed and it the virtual is now logged.

Sol de Lune

Post by Sol de Lune » 19 December 17 3:53 pm

pprass wrote:OK - it's all fixed. Found what I had to do to get the codeword, but it wasn't working. CO has since fixed and it the virtual is now logged.
Just FYI though as you haven't logged on for a while, GA 11051 is a history cache not a virtual, hence the requirement for the codeword

pprass

Post by pprass » 20 December 17 9:08 am

Sol de Lune wrote:... GA 11051 is a history cache not a virtual, hence the requirement for the codeword
Oh - I see. However when I open the cache using GSAK (offline) it comes up as a Virtual with the "ghost" character as well. But I see that when you view the cache on-line, it says "History"
Got a bit of catching up to do :D

Richary
8000 or more caches found
8000 or more caches found

Post by Richary » 20 December 17 7:04 pm

That's true - but unfortunately things like GSAK have to be written to follow Groundspeak's implementation of GPX rather than the official standard (whatever that actually says) which means sites like GCA are limited in the way they can add things like new icons as they won't be supported by software like GSAK or presumably the various mobile apps like Cachly or c:geo.

Sol de Lune

Post by Sol de Lune » 21 December 17 6:53 pm

pprass wrote:
Sol de Lune wrote:... GA 11051 is a history cache not a virtual, hence the requirement for the codeword
Oh - I see. However when I open the cache using GSAK (offline) it comes up as a Virtual with the "ghost" character as well. But I see that when you view the cache on-line, it says "History"
Got a bit of catching up to do :D
As long as you're using us a bit more, all is good. Hope you can find a few more in your travels :D