Allocating dZ points more than once

A place to talk about the Geocaching Australia dragonZone and other games
fluffyfish
850 or more found!!!
850 or more found!!!

Allocating dZ points more than once

Post by fluffyfish » 09 January 16 11:25 pm

I click a little bit too early and instead of allocating all the points I could, I only allocated 0.5 points. zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Is there anywhere to go and add some more points? It doesn't appear in the list for caches to have pointed allocated against.

caughtatwork

Re: Allocating dZ points more than once

Post by caughtatwork » 11 January 16 8:11 am

No, sorry. Once you make your choice you live with your choice even if your choice was not your choice.

fluffyfish
850 or more found!!!
850 or more found!!!

Post by fluffyfish » 11 January 16 10:48 am

I was thinking you could leave open the ability to assign points for the week after the find. What ever it ends up on after the week, it would get locked at that.

But then again, no biggie. It was a noob click by me on a mobile device. Lucky :minotaur are still in control!

caughtatwork

Post by caughtatwork » 11 January 16 11:04 am

The ability to assign points is there for 7 days after the date of the find. However, once you make a choice about a value to apply, your choice cannot be changed. It's done like this for a reason.

You have 50 points to allocated.
You decide to allocate 10 points to 5 caches which controls them all.
Someone else logs a cache and allocates 1 point which controls the cache for their clan.
You decide to change your allocations to two caches, allocating 8 to one and 12 to another to "win control back" of the cache.
They do the same thing.
You end up going backwards and forwards over who will control what.

The decision was that you get to apply the points once and once only. You make a strategic decision to allocate points and then the activity closes. There is no second try. There is no changing or tweaking to gain control after you make your decision. You make the decision and you live with the consequence.

In your case you have misallocated by not allocating the correct number, but the site doesn't know this. It simple enforces the rule that you allocated some points and the deal is complete. For all the site knows, 0.5 would have controlled the cache and now you're deciding that more should be allocated. I know that's not the story, but thems the breaks.

Sometimes in life you cannot undo what you have done. This is one of those situations where you've made your bed and you get to lie in it :-)

fluffyfish
850 or more found!!!
850 or more found!!!

Post by fluffyfish » 11 January 16 11:25 am

Agree that only allocating the points make it alot simpler and somewhat more strategic. Otherwise, it might get a bit mad with two cachers, allocating and unallocating points right up until the deadline....

Now_To_Morrow
3500 or more caches found
3500 or more caches found

Post by Now_To_Morrow » 15 May 19 9:55 am

I just logged my cache finds from Sunday. I got a dZ bag top level disruptor. I just wanted to see what it does so applied it to one of my moveable caches and it took about 270 points away from Cerberus and made Griffin leader with only 5 points. That's...[removes swear word]...pretty unfair. With a touch of a button I possibly destroyed someone's strategic play. With that kind of power I could change entire dZ zones from my home. I greatly dislike that dZ bag. I miss the days when you could strategise your attack on caches and zones.

caughtatwork

Post by caughtatwork » 15 May 19 10:06 am

No_Tomorrow wrote:I just logged my cache finds from Sunday. I got a dZ bag top level disruptor. I just wanted to see what it does so applied it to one of my moveable caches and it took about 270 points away from Cerberus and made Griffin leader with only 5 points. That's...[removes swear word]...pretty unfair. With a touch of a button I possibly destroyed someone's strategic play. With that kind of power I could change entire dZ zones from my home. I greatly dislike that dZ bag. I miss the days when you could strategise your attack on caches and zones.
All explained here.
https://wiki.geocaching.com.au/wiki/Dra ... #Disruptor