View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 27 April 18 3:44 pm



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 191 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
Report dragonZone issues / problems here 
Author Message

Joined: 09 December 07 7:08 pm
Posts: 1310
Location: Wright ACT
GCA Found: 4454
GCA Hidden: 215
100 GCA Finds500 GCA Finds1000 GCA Finds1000 GCA Finds1000 GCA Finds1000 GCA Finds
Post Re: Report dragonZone issues / problems here
sirius Tas wrote:
Would like some clarification on how Karma pts are given, as I've noticed that pts given are not consistent.
Are karma pts reduced for subsequent finds on the same cache?????
As mine certainly have.e.g. pts awarded were originally 3 pts...then later finds were only 2 or 1 on the exact same cache.


It depends on the finders dragonZone level....

A cacher who is at the Dragon Fodder level will only give you 1 point every time they find a cache, while someone at the Merchant level may give you 2 points and someone at the Duke level will give you 3 points.

So, the higher the players dZ level, the higher the Karma points are awarded for their finds. This would mean that if 3 cachers find one of your caches and they are at vastly different dZ levels, you could be award 1,2 and 3 points for the same cache.

Hope that helps.....


29 October 17 11:55 am
Profile E-mail
2800 or more caches found
2800 or more caches found
User avatar

Joined: 13 June 06 7:36 am
Posts: 212
Location: Ulverstone Tasmania
GCA Found: 1196
GCA Hidden: 222
100 GCA Finds500 GCA Finds1000 GCA Finds
Post Re: Report dragonZone issues / problems here
Hi Sol de Lune,
Many thanks for that....much appreciated....that makes perfect sense.
Just something I wasn't aware of.
Cheers =D>


29 October 17 12:56 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: 12 May 05 7:58 pm
Posts: 1056
Location: Morphett Vale
GCA Found: 477
GCA Hidden: 74
100 GCA Finds
Post Re: Report dragonZone issues / problems here
nutwood wrote:
Not so much an issue as a question that I'm not sure where to pose. How does the distance thing work? I notice there are trophies for distance traveled geocaching. I even have an Abel Tasman for circumnavigating the world twice but I'm not sure how I earned it. Is it the sum of the distances between successive finds or some more complex calculation?


Moving caches will skew the distance trophy. As caches that you have previously found continue to move, so too will the distance you've travelled increase. This is a known quirk, and actually adds a bit of fun to the dragonZone trophy aspect. The good thing about this is that everyone is in the same boat, and actually makes some of those seemingly impossible trophies just a little easier to achieve.


01 November 17 7:38 pm
Profile E-mail WWW

Joined: 01 April 11 6:02 pm
Posts: 384
Location: Tasmania
GCA Found: 627
GCA Hidden: 56
100 GCA Finds500 GCA Finds
Post Re: Report dragonZone issues / problems here
J_&_J wrote:
Moving caches will skew the distance trophy. As caches that you have previously found continue to move, so too will the distance you've travelled increase. This is a known quirk, and actually adds a bit of fun to the dragonZone trophy aspect. The good thing about this is that everyone is in the same boat, and actually makes some of those seemingly impossible trophies just a little easier to achieve.


Oh dear, now I am confused. I thought Moveables didn't count towards "caching distance" as there were separate trophies for moving them? I'm sure I asked that question a while back.
Does this mean the "Distance traveled Caching" is the sum of the distance between consecutive fixed cache finds (traditionals, trigs etc) plus the sum of the distance you have moved moveables plus the sum of the distance traveled by moveables after you have released them? If that's the case, I need to find someone going to Europe for a few weeks and hand them a dozen moveables to take on a holiday!


01 November 17 9:24 pm
Profile E-mail
User avatar

Joined: 12 May 05 7:58 pm
Posts: 1056
Location: Morphett Vale
GCA Found: 477
GCA Hidden: 74
100 GCA Finds
Post Re: Report dragonZone issues / problems here
nutwood wrote:
J_&_J wrote:
Moving caches will skew the distance trophy. As caches that you have previously found continue to move, so too will the distance you've travelled increase. This is a known quirk, and actually adds a bit of fun to the dragonZone trophy aspect. The good thing about this is that everyone is in the same boat, and actually makes some of those seemingly impossible trophies just a little easier to achieve.


Oh dear, now I am confused. I thought Moveables didn't count towards "caching distance" as there were separate trophies for moving them? I'm sure I asked that question a while back.
Does this mean the "Distance traveled Caching" is the sum of the distance between consecutive fixed cache finds (traditionals, trigs etc) plus the sum of the distance you have moved moveables plus the sum of the distance traveled by moveables after you have released them? If that's the case, I need to find someone going to Europe for a few weeks and hand them a dozen moveables to take on a holiday!


The dragonZone trophies....

Staying Near Home Traveller
Weekend Traveller
Weeklong Traveller
Long Distance Traveller

....all reward cachers for the distance a moving cache has been *moved*.


The dragonZone trophies....

Ferdinand Magellan
Abel Tasman
Capt James Cook
Francis Drake

....all reward cachers for the distance travelled to *find* a valid dZ cache.


Moving caches are excluded from these Missions:

Nemiodoil Spark Maker
Aisaid Match Lighter
Doapie Ember Creator
Chudhu Firestarter
Bidaed Fire Blaster
Piellel Flamethrower
Frighid Scorching Erupter


02 November 17 7:16 pm
Profile E-mail WWW

Joined: 01 April 11 6:02 pm
Posts: 384
Location: Tasmania
GCA Found: 627
GCA Hidden: 56
100 GCA Finds500 GCA Finds
Post Re: Report dragonZone issues / problems here
J_&_J wrote:
Moving caches will skew the distance trophy. As caches that you have previously found continue to move, so too will the distance you've travelled increase.


I'm sorry, still confused! I understand the different trophies but I'm curious as to how the caching distance is calculated. I would have thought the only true way to calculate caching distance would be the distance between consecutive logs, with a certain amount of trust that people wouldn't "game" it. Whether it's a moveable find, followed by a hide, or a DNF, followed by a trig; the distance between consecutive logs is a relatively simple calculation. If however, it includes the subsequent travels of moveables, surely this opens up an entire new element?


02 November 17 9:05 pm
Profile E-mail
User avatar

Joined: 12 May 05 7:58 pm
Posts: 1056
Location: Morphett Vale
GCA Found: 477
GCA Hidden: 74
100 GCA Finds
Post Re: Report dragonZone issues / problems here
nutwood wrote:
If however, it includes the subsequent travels of moveables, surely this opens up an entire new element?


Yep. The element of fun and chance.

Based on the order of logs distance is calculated between caches.

A to b is 10km.
B to c is 20km.
C to d is 5km but is a moveable so when it moves it changes so C to d becomes 100km.
If d moves closer to c then the distance decreases.
If you do a lot of moveable distance can easily have you moving from one side of the country to the other.


05 November 17 9:42 am
Profile E-mail WWW

Joined: 01 April 11 6:02 pm
Posts: 384
Location: Tasmania
GCA Found: 627
GCA Hidden: 56
100 GCA Finds500 GCA Finds
Post Re: Report dragonZone issues / problems here
Hmmm, to me it simply means that the description of the trophies should be altered from "distance travelled caching" to "random distance award", but it's only a game so I'll get back to caching and stop fussing over the logic. Many thanks for attempting to explain the unexplainable!


05 November 17 6:44 pm
Profile E-mail
4000 or more? I'm officially obsessed.
4000 or more? I'm officially obsessed.
User avatar

Joined: 04 November 05 10:18 pm
Posts: 1526
Location: Lidcombe,Sydney, NSW
GCA Found: 921
GCA Hidden: 43
100 GCA Finds500 GCA Finds
Post Re: Report dragonZone issues / problems here
I found 2 multi's last weekend but they don't appear in the allocate points list under My Dragon Zone. Any ideas???


25 December 17 9:39 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: 12 May 05 7:58 pm
Posts: 1056
Location: Morphett Vale
GCA Found: 477
GCA Hidden: 74
100 GCA Finds
Post Re: Report dragonZone issues / problems here
tronador wrote:
I found 2 multi's last weekend but they don't appear in the allocate points list under My Dragon Zone. Any ideas???


When you say "last weekend" you do mean the weekend just gone, ie: 23 and 24 December?

If it was the weekend prior, then you have missed your seven day window to allocate points to recent finds.
I've done it myself, and only during the last few months when I should have known better.


25 December 17 10:00 pm
Profile E-mail WWW
4000 or more? I'm officially obsessed.
4000 or more? I'm officially obsessed.
User avatar

Joined: 04 November 05 10:18 pm
Posts: 1526
Location: Lidcombe,Sydney, NSW
GCA Found: 921
GCA Hidden: 43
100 GCA Finds500 GCA Finds
Post Re: Report dragonZone issues / problems here
J_&_J wrote:
tronador wrote:
I found 2 multi's last weekend but they don't appear in the allocate points list under My Dragon Zone. Any ideas???


When you say "last weekend" you do mean the weekend just gone, ie: 23 and 24 December?

If it was the weekend prior, then you have missed your seven day window to allocate points to recent finds.
I've done it myself, and only during the last few months when I should have known better.


I found them on the 17th. Well that's disappointing..... I didn't know there was a use by date on allocating points.


25 December 17 10:13 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: 12 May 05 7:58 pm
Posts: 1056
Location: Morphett Vale
GCA Found: 477
GCA Hidden: 74
100 GCA Finds
Post Re: Report dragonZone issues / problems here
tronador wrote:
I found them on the 17th. Well that's disappointing..... I didn't know there was a use by date on allocating points.


There is indeed a use by date on allocating points.

I checked the dragonZone Wiki and this fact is mentioned twice, but only in the TIPS section: http://wiki.geocaching.com.au/wiki/DragonZone#Tips

I shall endeavour to get it mentioned further up the wiki page once the silly season has died down a bit.


25 December 17 10:25 pm
Profile E-mail WWW
5000 or more caches found
5000 or more caches found

Joined: 19 January 13 7:16 pm
Posts: 59
Location: Australian Capital Territory
GCA Found: 2889
GCA Hidden: 66
100 GCA Finds500 GCA Finds1000 GCA Finds1000 GCA Finds
Post Re: Report dragonZone issues / problems here
Can someone tell me whether the elevation for a cache is taken from the posted coords or the actual coords? I expect it would be the actual coords, as that is where the cache 'actually' is, but I'm curious.


12 January 18 8:01 pm
Profile E-mail
User avatar

Joined: 12 May 05 7:58 pm
Posts: 1056
Location: Morphett Vale
GCA Found: 477
GCA Hidden: 74
100 GCA Finds
Post Re: Report dragonZone issues / problems here
I couldn't imagine it'd be anything other than the listed coordinates.


12 January 18 8:25 pm
Profile E-mail WWW
5000 or more caches found
5000 or more caches found

Joined: 19 January 13 7:16 pm
Posts: 59
Location: Australian Capital Territory
GCA Found: 2889
GCA Hidden: 66
100 GCA Finds500 GCA Finds1000 GCA Finds1000 GCA Finds
Post Re: Report dragonZone issues / problems here
J_&_J wrote:
I couldn't imagine it'd be anything other than the listed coordinates.


So to meet the elevation hide scavenges, I could use suitable listed coords to get the elevation I need, but hide the actual cache in a much more accessible area? That seems odd to me, surely it should be taken from the location of the cache, not the posted coords for the puzzle or a multi?


12 January 18 9:07 pm
Profile E-mail
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 191 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Forum theme by Vjacheslav Trushkin for Free Forum/DivisionCore.