Report dragonZone issues / problems here

A place to talk about the Geocaching Australia dragonZone and other games
OldSaint
10000 or more caches found

Re: Report dragonZone issues / problems here

Post by OldSaint » 10 October 19 7:07 am

Hi
Am wondering why I am now only getting 58 multiplier on cache finds where before I was getting 76
With these two caches:
GA14074 Nice view out the back 130.50 Brighton (M) - but 2.25 times 76 = 171
GA14075 Briar Banks 232.00 Brighton (M) - but should be 4 times 76 = 304
Is this an issue with the system or has there been a change for the "Ruler of the World" level in the game?
Cheers OldSaint

caughtatwork

Post by caughtatwork » 13 October 19 11:42 am

Where are you getting the multiplier from?

OldSaint

Post by OldSaint » 13 October 19 9:08 pm

From other caches valued at D=1 T=1 times multiplier DG Points =76
Cheers

caughtatwork

Post by caughtatwork » 14 October 19 8:08 am

How are you calculating what the multiplier is supposed to be? The straight maths from one geocache to another, dividing the total by the terrain* difficulty to get a multiplier is not the correct multiplier and will vary from one find to another.

The ways and means of the dragons are secretive and are not to be revealed. I can advise that I have queried the dragonZone guardian and that a manual calculation this morning confirms that the points that were awarded are correct.

OldSaint

Post by OldSaint » 14 October 19 12:23 pm

Thank you Cheers

sharnie's tribe
9500 or more caches found

Post by sharnie's tribe » 12 April 20 3:20 pm

Yesterday we claimed the Bronze Materialiser trophy but didn't get any points for it. Previously when we've claimed a bronze trophy it's been worth 10 points, but not this time

caughtatwork

Post by caughtatwork » 12 April 20 6:55 pm

Thanks for the report. The problem has been fixed. As a thanks for bringing this to our attention, you have been rewarded with some additional dZPoints.

sharnie's tribe

Post by sharnie's tribe » 12 April 20 7:25 pm

Thank you for fixing the problem and bug squasher points much appreciated \:D/

budgietas

Post by budgietas » 10 August 20 2:35 pm

Hey
Does GA17151 make dragonzone points worthless?
If this sort of virtual movable gets dragonzone points, you could easily set up a few dozen of these and pass them between members of one clan, many times a day. (You could even pass them between two people over and over again, racking up hundreds of finds a day)
I have no issue with the concept of supporting people during this difficult time for all of us, BUT make this should be a virtual cache with no DragonZone issues instead of a virtual movable

caughtatwork

Post by caughtatwork » 10 August 20 2:51 pm

Not allowed. Disabled until it can be replaced with a physical container or it will end up archived.

budgietas

Post by budgietas » 10 August 20 3:36 pm

Thank you Guardian
I hope you are staying safe in Melbourne, although Dragon Guardians are immune from virus if they choose to be?

Legendary Resistance (3/Day). If the dragon fails a saving throw, it can choose to succeed instead.
from
https://www.dndbeyond.com/monsters/adult-gold-dragon

tronador
6500 or more caches found
6500 or more caches found

Post by tronador » 10 August 20 5:27 pm

Thanks for sorting this out. There are some very strange virtuals out there at present.

2y'stassies

Re: Research weekly rewards

Post by 2y'stassies » 27 August 20 11:36 am

Not sure whether there is a problem. It may be that I have misunderstand the Research Weekly rewards. We only appear to get 25 Level 1 points no matter how many tasks we complete. I hadn't worried about it until a fellow cacher mentioned he had been rewarded with points from other levels. Example last week we completed 4 research tasks, level 1 to 4 inclusive and our weekly reward on Wednesday was 25 level 1 points. The previous week we didn't complete any tasks and still got 25 level 1 points as a weekly reward. I regularly check the Research tasks each Tuesday and Wednesday and have kept a record of the levels we completed and the weekly reward for most weeks. A little clarification would be appreciated.

Now_To_Morrow
3500 or more caches found
3500 or more caches found

Post by Now_To_Morrow » 27 August 20 3:33 pm

I might be wrong, but I think the 25 level 1 points are only bonus points for checking in on Wednesdays, like getting dZ points if you check in each day. These bonus points are displayed just above the list of research tasks, and only on Wednesdays.

To get any earned fulfilled research task points, you need to check in before Wednesday. If you record/ screenshot the points you have now, fulfil a research task, then check back afterwards, exactly what points you received will be evident then.

caughtatwork

Post by caughtatwork » 27 August 20 3:46 pm

Research tasks expire on Wednesday mornings at the darkest part of the night, when the Head Guardian is most relaxed. The Head Guardian is aligned to Geocaching Australia Eastern time zone and so research tasks will expire and be renewed at 00:00 each Wednesday morning.
So on Wednesday, just for visiting the page you get some rewards. They can up to and including Tier 5 materials.
In order to make a claim on a research task, ensure that your logs have been made to find or publish the geocache for the appropriate task, then visit your research tasks page where any task that can be completed will be checked automatically by the Head Guardian, marked as complete and your rewards provided.
So if you find a cache that meets the tasks, visit the page to get the materials.
If your research task expires prior to your making your log and visiting your research tasks page then you lose the ability to claim that research task for this period.
If you don't, then they expire.