Clan Phoenix Chat

A place to talk about the Geocaching Australia dragonZone and other games
WazzaAndWenches
5000 or more caches found

Re: Clan Phoenix Chat

Post by WazzaAndWenches » 20 January 17 1:23 pm

blossom* wrote:It's time we got our skating shoes on and got some more points before those Cerberus clan sail right past us. At the moment, it's neck and neck depending on when the hides and finds are logged on each side.

If you need a hand to solve some puzzles for some good points, contact one of our clan who've found them and see if you can get a hint to point you in the right direction. There are some really good points out there to be found and not a lot fo time left! :phoenix :phoenix
I would dearly love a need to ask for help. Unfortunately what I need most is caches closer to home. My nearest unfound GCA's: one TP at 74km south-east and one Virtual at 76km north-west. Nearest unfound GC's are 80km south-west. It's a long way between potential finds ](*,)

I'll keep hiding caches instead. \:D/

caughtatwork

Post by caughtatwork » 20 January 17 3:38 pm

i drove 105km to find a TP the other night. Not that I suggest everyone does. I think I was probably mad that night. However hiding is also good. The more hides, the more finds available for future games. Look at all of those blue markers. http://geocaching.com.au/cache/ga9014.gmap Just ripe for the picking now or in the future.

J_&_J
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000016368307

Post by J_&_J » 20 January 17 7:15 pm

blossom* wrote:If you need a hand to solve some puzzles for some good points, contact one of our clan who've found them and see if you can get a hint to point you in the right direction. There are some really good points out there to be found and not a lot fo time left! :phoenix :phoenix
Would be awesome to get a hint on some of the South Aussie GCA puzzles that have me banging my head on my desk on a regular basis. I guess that's a good thing for everyone who's *not* in the last placed clan. ](*,)

Zalgariath
5500 or more caches found
5500 or more caches found

Post by Zalgariath » 01 February 17 7:23 am

Congrats Team! \:D/ Wow, what a summer. I envy all those with the time to dedicate to the mayhem. Special mention to Blossom* on taking out the individual honours too.

Sambuccasam
300 or more found
300 or more found

Post by Sambuccasam » 01 February 17 8:59 am

Zalgariath wrote:Congrats Team! \:D/ Wow, what a summer. I envy all those with the time to dedicate to the mayhem. Special mention to Blossom* on taking out the individual honours too.
Awesome win and edge of the chair with Cerberus chasing our tail.
Super effort to those who achieved over 1000 points!!! I need a big rest now lol and go to the docs for more antibiotics for another tick bite. Congratulations everyone. =D>

blossom*
3000 or more caches found
3000 or more caches found

Post by blossom* » 01 February 17 10:43 am

I'm exhausted! I have gone out to Ebeneezer and back SO many times for wonderful points and puzzles created by all the cachers out there (a 3 hour round trip each time). And a trip to Belanglo and back one day for 50 points in 2 great caches there (a 400+ km trip!). I think I paid for most of my points in petrol :lol:

I was really impressed by the number of our clan who got up around 100 claims and last night I noticed lots of extra points coming from many different people. And most aren't retired like me, so an even more impressive effort!

Heaps of new GA caches hidden by all of us which I'm sure is one of the aims of the SSS and that's really great (my hide count is 37 for the 2 months). Now we'll all be trying to be the 10,000th cache hidden on GA \:D/

lucky1955
9500 or more caches found
9500 or more caches found

Post by lucky1955 » 01 February 17 12:58 pm

Concur with comments on a well done clan but to all who took part in the other clans as well. Happy our clan hung on for the win though.
Two months was an exhausting time and I was not as busy as most. Today at the GP's it was confirmed I have had a bout of 'Ross River Fever' between Christmas and the new year - that explains some of my fatigue

Mummy Short Legs
750 or more caches found
750 or more caches found

Post by Mummy Short Legs » 01 February 17 2:26 pm

Well done to Clan Phoenix and to all the other players in the other clans too. I really enjoyed playing along this summer and a huge thanks to the organisers of the game. A super job done by the high-point scorers in our Clan to get us over the line - it was dicey there for a while.

Richary
8000 or more caches found
8000 or more caches found

Post by Richary » 01 February 17 8:19 pm

Amazing effort blossom* to top the lists and congratulations to Clan Phoenix. I admit I had something called life getting in the way a bit to help my clan (being stuck near Coffs Harbour for 3.5 weeks with sick parents limited me to virtual finds or trigs - though I had found most of the nearby ones already - for a period) and then catching up on work when I got back. I could/should have hidden some more to help my team but it wouldn't have got us anywhere near over the line.

Anyway it was a lot of fun getting out the last few weekends to find as many things as I could within a reasonable range of home. A few of blossom*'s (though when she became quite so evil with puzzles I don't know) and some moveables helped things along. Almost all GA finds this month with only a couple of GC.

J_&_J
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000016368307

Post by J_&_J » 01 February 17 9:46 pm

Congratulations to clan Phoenix on taking out the 16/17 Summer Scavenger Series. You have deserved your win.

2y'stassies
10000 or more caches found
10000 or more caches found

Post by 2y'stassies » 01 February 17 11:11 pm

Congratulations Clan Phoenix on your win in the Summer Scavenger Series - a great team effort!

Sol de Lune

Post by Sol de Lune » 03 February 17 2:30 pm

Congratulations to all the Phoenix players. A great game, lots of fun and strategy. I watched the ladder til midnight on the last day.....and with all the new claims being logged.....it was a tad exciting.

Hopefully we can do it all again sometime...... :D :D

UnboxedMcMuffin

Where do I start

Post by UnboxedMcMuffin » 14 May 19 5:52 pm

Hello there everyone,

I am knew to Geocaching and excited to hold the Phoenix flag high! I am based around the Northern suburbs and go to the city most days.
I was wondering if anyone has any tips on areas I should target to broaden our territory? Also any general geocaching tips would be great!
:D :phoenix

WazzaAndWenches

Post by WazzaAndWenches » 15 May 19 5:56 pm

G'day UnboxedMcMuffin,
Welcome to this addictive game full of strange people :-" and congratulations on choosing Clan Phoenix :phoenix (definitely the best clan to be in :D )

Clan Phoenix would love to take control of all the caches along the bike paths beside the Western Ring Road and the Deer Park Bypass https://geocaching.com.au/cache/ga9014.gmap