Clan Phoenix Chat

A place to talk about the Geocaching Australia dragonZone and other games
Sambuccasam
300 or more found
300 or more found

Re: Clan Phoenix Chat

Post by Sambuccasam » 03 December 16 10:12 am

It is very hard to play dragon zones in Qld, I am basically on my own. Also not much Phoenix clan chat in these forums. I have published the most traditional caches in my area only to be taken over by clans who do not even have GCA caches. There are only 4 catchers up here that look for GCA in Brisbane. I need Phoenix Clan visitors!!! :phoenix

Sambuccasam
300 or more found
300 or more found

Post by Sambuccasam » 04 December 16 2:18 pm

I hope you all realise we have to find 3 times as much food for our clan for these games and I will only encourage the other clan members to play to get the playing field even. If we just can all get 1 more each of clan Griffin, Minotor and Cerberus to log a cache we might be in with a chance and less hard work. And it's obvious the leading clans have kept their competitors lower to get the most points. Dont forget Strategy folks.

ziggiau
3000 or more caches found
Twitter: ziggiau

Post by ziggiau » 04 December 16 5:20 pm

Sambuccasam wrote:And it's obvious the leading clans have kept their competitors lower to get the most points. Dont forget Strategy folks.
I'm betting that competitor numbers are low initially because a) they've been waiting for the weekend to go out and cache, b) they're coming to grips with the game requirements or c) they're not playing this time round. This is a niche listing site with an even more niche game so that keeps the numbers down too. But never stop spruiking (for the right clan of course - go :cerberus) !

Zalgariath
5500 or more caches found
5500 or more caches found

Post by Zalgariath » 04 December 16 7:20 pm

The scoring seems confusing but at the end of the day it is encouraging you to cache in an unusual way, often in unusual places and that's what makes it fun! :D

caughtatwork

Post by caughtatwork » 04 December 16 9:38 pm

Sambuccasam wrote:I hope you all realise we have to find 3 times as much food for our clan for these games and I will only encourage the other clan members to play to get the playing field even. If we just can all get 1 more each of clan Griffin, Minotor and Cerberus to log a cache we might be in with a chance and less hard work. And it's obvious the leading clans have kept their competitors lower to get the most points. Dont forget Strategy folks.
As the other clan members numbers go up the clan balance factor goes down. In reality what your clan needs to do is make the AVERAGE of all of your clan members higher than the AVERAGE of the clan members in the other clans. You do not need to find 3 times as many points, you just need your clan members to get up to the average of the other clans.

e.g. If you have 10 clan members and 30 points you have an average of 3 points each. If I am in a clan of 2 members with a total of 6 points then we ALSO have average of 3 points each. The clan balancer will multiply my clan points by a factor of 5 (to balance out our team member numbers between 2 and 10). This would make your clan and my clan have EXACTLY the same points. i.e. You have 30 and I have 6 TIMES the clan balancer of 5 which is also 30. i.e. We are equal.

You do NOT need to find 3 times more points that any other clan your clan members need to pull their weight and get their own points up to the average or beyond to move up the ladder.

So encourage your team members to pick up their socks, gets their spears and arrows out, head out find more caches, get the points up and at the end of the day if the average of your clan is higher than anyone else, you will win.

blossom*

Post by blossom* » 05 December 16 7:31 am

Yep, as long as we all get our averages up, we'll win for sure! And I do like the idea of getting numbers up in other clans so they have to ensure they have no slackers either!

:phoenix :phoenix :phoenix

caughtatwork

Post by caughtatwork » 05 December 16 8:12 am

The more the merrier.

PS. Go Griffin :griffin

Sambuccasam
300 or more found
300 or more found

Post by Sambuccasam » 05 December 16 9:25 am

And I thought this is the Top Secret Phoenix Clan chat...lol. Damn Spies. [-X 8) :phoenix

blossom*

Post by blossom* » 05 December 16 11:39 am

Looking at the current pointscore, I think we need to focus on getting high-value scavenges a bit more. Rogerw3 has an average score of 4.5 per claim for his 10 scavenges so far :evil: And some of the other high scorers are averaging 3.

If we can get a 5 pointer x something also nice and high, we'll scoot ahead. So go for a regular or large container, high terrain or difficulty etc. This might be easiest achieved for the "hide" scavenges

Go Phoenix! :phoenix :phoenix :phoenix \:D/ \:D/ \:D/

LouiseAnn
4500 or more caches found
4500 or more caches found

Post by LouiseAnn » 05 December 16 1:50 pm

But I'm loving these locationless caches.....

caughtatwork

Post by caughtatwork » 05 December 16 3:34 pm

blossom* wrote:Looking at the current pointscore, I think we need to focus on getting high-value scavenges a bit more. Rogerw3 has an average score of 4.5 per claim for his 10 scavenges so far :evil: And some of the other high scorers are averaging 3.

If we can get a 5 pointer x something also nice and high, we'll scoot ahead. So go for a regular or large container, high terrain or difficulty etc. This might be easiest achieved for the "hide" scavenges

Go Phoenix! :phoenix :phoenix :phoenix \:D/ \:D/ \:D/
Don't average the players, average the clan. This is a clan game.
So at the moment
Minotaur is 17.65
Griffin is 16.11
Cerberus is 11.50
Phoenix is 8.99

My average is a little over 1 (20 points, 17 claims) BUT that's irrelevant. I have contributed 20 points to my clan, so I am above the average. It's not the average that you contribute, it's the total of your contribution. Anyone who is contributing LESS than your clans average needs to pull a little more weight to help bolster your clan average and anyone in you clan who is less than the average of the highest team also needs to pull their weight.

As you identify hides are very handy. A hide against the terrain 4 or 4.5 scavenge with a mystery element will get you MYSTERY (5 Point(s)) x Large (5 Point(s)) which would be 25 points. That will really lift your own and your teams scores. Even a regular x traditional will give you 12 points if you can get the 4 terrain achieved. Mind you a d4 and t4 will get you 16 points. So many choices, so many options, so many ways to get great points.

Sambuccasam
300 or more found
300 or more found

Post by Sambuccasam » 15 December 16 9:37 pm

Zalgariath wrote:What is really funny is in Ingress Im on the green side and the blues are the enemy so I will be predisposed to fighting blue more than red and orange :D hahaha
I am over run by Griffin here on the southside of Brisbane...but woohoo....I Got my first Zone today!!! The Redlands Zone has been Neutral for a long long time, but I found a mystery today that had not been found for 5 years the CO does not have a clan affiliation. I am slowly learning this dragon zone game. I am super excited about the find and the Zone!!!! \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ :phoenix :phoenix :phoenix

blossom*

Post by blossom* » 16 December 16 2:39 pm

Sambuccasam wrote: I am over run by Griffin here on the southside of Brisbane...but woohoo....I Got my first Zone today!!! The Redlands Zone has been Neutral for a long long time, but I found a mystery today that had not been found for 5 years the CO does not have a clan affiliation. I am slowly learning this dragon zone game. I am super excited about the find and the Zone!!!! \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ :phoenix :phoenix :phoenix
Wow. Congratulations! Winning a zone seems beyond my capabilities but I do as much as I can whenever I find anything

Mummy Short Legs
750 or more caches found
750 or more caches found

Post by Mummy Short Legs » 01 January 17 10:33 am

Sambuccasam wrote:
Zalgariath wrote:What is really funny is in Ingress Im on the green side and the blues are the enemy so I will be predisposed to fighting blue more than red and orange :D hahaha
I am over run by Griffin here on the southside of Brisbane...but woohoo....I Got my first Zone today!!! The Redlands Zone has been Neutral for a long long time, but I found a mystery today that had not been found for 5 years the CO does not have a clan affiliation. I am slowly learning this dragon zone game. I am super excited about the find and the Zone!!!! \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ :phoenix :phoenix :phoenix

I've just felt that same excitement! I've taken over my local zone too now that I've finally figured out how Dragonzone points work (I think). Yewwwww! :phoenix :D

blossom*

Post by blossom* » 20 January 17 1:07 pm

It's time we got our skating shoes on and got some more points before those Cerberus clan sail right past us. At the moment, it's neck and neck depending on when the hides and finds are logged on each side.

If you need a hand to solve some puzzles for some good points, contact one of our clan who've found them and see if you can get a hint to point you in the right direction. There are some really good points out there to be found and not a lot fo time left! :phoenix :phoenix