Clan Phoenix Chat

A place to talk about the Geocaching Australia dragonZone and other games
nutwood

Re: Clan Phoenix Chat

Post by nutwood » 08 May 14 10:13 pm

Taz wrote:Yes well if Ninjawolf would actually log caches instead of 'getting around' to it later those would have been logged on the three dates they actually happened. Of course it didn't occur to her to change the date on the log when she did it :roll:
Creative talent is good! So when's she defecting to Phoenix?

Taz
400 or more spectacular views seen

Post by Taz » 08 May 14 11:06 pm

Would be a bit unfair to abandon the ship at this point I think..... she's going to be annoyed enough with me when she finds out we're heading out for a run tomorrow while she's at school.

Zalgariath
5500 or more caches found

Post by Zalgariath » 09 May 14 4:12 pm

Just wrested Manly from the Blues \:D/ ...at least until Tyreless starts picking up my moveables!

nutwood

Post by nutwood » 09 May 14 7:48 pm

Taz wrote:Would be a bit unfair to abandon the ship at this point I think..... she's going to be annoyed enough with me when she finds out we're heading out for a run tomorrow while she's at school.
Hmmm, delayed logging brings a whole new twist to the game. Ninja wolf may be annoyed but she's managed to borrow several zones from Phoenix. Are you sure she wants to continue grazing with the herd, rather than flying with the Phoenix's? I can't see a wolf and a cow being comfortable cache mates and just think how much more interesting family caching trips would be if you were in two clans... :twisted:

Tyreless
800 or more hollow logs searched
800 or more hollow logs searched

Post by Tyreless » 09 May 14 7:59 pm

As long as it remains fun and positive to read what the other clans are up to....

I'll confess. I read your posts. Then again, you read ours (you verdant-tinted swine). The blue response will come at a time of our choosing.

PS. Big ups to C@W for creating all this.

Taz

Post by Taz » 09 May 14 10:20 pm

nutwood wrote:
Taz wrote:Would be a bit unfair to abandon the ship at this point I think..... she's going to be annoyed enough with me when she finds out we're heading out for a run tomorrow while she's at school.
Hmmm, delayed logging brings a whole new twist to the game. Ninja wolf may be annoyed but she's managed to borrow several zones from Phoenix. Are you sure she wants to continue grazing with the herd, rather than flying with the Phoenix's? I can't see a wolf and a cow being comfortable cache mates and just think how much more interesting family caching trips would be if you were in two clans... :twisted:
Well as long as she signed those logs within the dragonzone game time it's all good.... as for your second suggestion, when is Friesianess planning to change teams then? :wink:

nutwood

Post by nutwood » 09 May 14 10:37 pm

Taz wrote: .... as for your second suggestion, when is Friesianess planning to change teams then? :wink:
Not a chance, she's way sneakier than me. Fortunately, I have the driving licence! :D

nutwood

Post by nutwood » 10 May 14 11:49 am

Taz wrote: Well as long as she signed those logs within the dragonzone game time it's all good....
I've been considering the strategic possibilities of post dated logging and whilst there's considerable potential, I think we'll stick to logging on or about the date of find. It's not a high moral ground issue or anything like that, others can do as they choose with no comment from me. It's more a case of what the game becomes if played that way. It would be fairly easy to get busy and clock up a heap of finds, but not log them. One could then sit back and deploy those finds as and when they are needed. This would turn a caching game into a computer game, with the main activity happening in front of the screen. This happens to some extent anyway, with the seven days to allocate points, but once the seven days are up, you have to go and find/hide something.
Our involvement in the game is going to be spasmodic, as available time is limited (hence the defection from Griffin, we didn't want to be the sole defenders) and it's quite nice that a flurry of activity is followed by a maximum of seven days machinations and then we either walk away for a while, or get out and do some more caching.

nutwood

Post by nutwood » 28 May 14 10:09 pm

Melbourne is greener today. Ah, the satisfaction of a job well done! :D :phoenix

geo_jas
3000 or more caches found

Post by geo_jas » 28 May 14 11:24 pm

nutwood wrote:Melbourne is greener today. Ah, the satisfaction of a job well done! :D :phoenix
Enjoy it while it lasts. :cerberus

nutwood

Post by nutwood » 29 May 14 9:18 am

geo_jas wrote:
nutwood wrote:Melbourne is greener today. Ah, the satisfaction of a job well done! :D :phoenix
Enjoy it while it lasts. :cerberus
We will! :P The duration will depend whether there are any Victorian Phoenix's willing to mount a defence.... :-k :phoenix

Zalgariath

Post by Zalgariath » 30 May 14 9:43 am

Tyreless has just cleaned out my movables from the North shore... now the waiting game is to see where they end up! #-o

nutwood

Post by nutwood » 30 May 14 10:08 am

Melbourne is obviously a desirable place to be, now it's turned green. Moveables are flocking there. I wonder if they'll stay when it all goes blue again? :wink:

geo_jas

Post by geo_jas » 30 May 14 9:07 pm

:cerberus :D :cerberus

nutwood

Post by nutwood » 30 May 14 11:31 pm

geo_jas wrote::cerberus :D :cerberus
Congratulations =D> . Job well done! Obviously the Victorian Phoenix's are stuck at the ash stage but hopefully they'll recover their plumage sometime soon and take Melbourne back to a more pleasing colour . :D :phoenix