Griffin Clan

A place to talk about the Geocaching Australia dragonZone and other games
J_&_J
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000016368307

Re: Griffin Clan

Post by J_&_J » 13 December 16 10:23 pm

Goldenwattle wrote:I logged a cache today and allocated points and changed it to yellow. But now it is blue again and no-one else has logged it. Is it possible for the owner to add points? And how?
On the top right of the cache page is the four coloured squares showing the current dragonZone influence. Under that is an expandable list called 'dragonZone Points', that shows who has allotted points, how many, and when. It seems a recent finder has added their cache points after you. Remember, you have up to seven days to allocate dZ points to a cache. :minotaur

Goldenwattle
10000 or more caches found

Post by Goldenwattle » 14 December 16 12:05 am

J_&_J wrote:
Goldenwattle wrote:I logged a cache today and allocated points and changed it to yellow. But now it is blue again and no-one else has logged it. Is it possible for the owner to add points? And how?
On the top right of the cache page is the four coloured squares showing the current dragonZone influence. Under that is an expandable list called 'dragonZone Points', that shows who has allotted points, how many, and when. It seems a recent finder has added their cache points after you. Remember, you have up to seven days to allocate dZ points to a cache. :minotaur
No one else has found it, so no-one after me. It was a movable and I was FTF and it's in my possession. I changed it to yellow and then the CO added points after me. I didn't realise this could happen, but obviously it can. I live in a sea of blue, so little chance I can change anything.

Now_To_Morrow
3500 or more caches found

Post by Now_To_Morrow » 14 December 16 12:20 am

Goldenwattle wrote:
J_&_J wrote:
No one else has found it, so no-one after me. It was a movable and I was FTF and it's in my possession. I changed it to yellow and then the CO added points after me. I didn't realise this could happen, but obviously it can. I live in a sea of blue, so little chance I can change anything.
Cheeky little 'pooh blue' critters. :stabby
But seriously, the Toy Hunters are playing the game very cleverly - very evilly, but cleverly.
:griffin

Goldenwattle

Post by Goldenwattle » 14 December 16 12:53 am

It doesn't matter how they play, or I do. There are too many of them, and they appear often to move in packs.
Still I didn't know the owner could add points after it was published. I thought it was only finders. Learning all the time.

Now_To_Morrow

Post by Now_To_Morrow » 14 December 16 6:42 am

Goldenwattle wrote:It doesn't matter how they play, or I do. There are too many of them, and they appear often to move in packs.
Still I didn't know the owner could add points after it was published. I thought it was only finders. Learning all the time.
Yes, I've noticed. They'll be reading this thread snickering away to themselves.

If only I had a car and time to come visit Canberra. I could help, but wouldn't have enough points to make much difference. We should have a Griffin-only weekend event in the ACT that targets all caches that SDL, LL, TH, A33, BB, JAC and Fitzy have already done so they can't add more points after. Or even better, make all their caches yellow.

...yeah, :cerberus , I know my time is coming.

caughtatwork

Post by caughtatwork » 14 December 16 8:27 am

Goldenwattle wrote:It doesn't matter how they play, or I do. There are too many of them, and they appear often to move in packs.
Point can be allocated up to 7 days after your eligible log.

Sol de Lune

Post by Sol de Lune » 14 December 16 9:40 am

No_Tomorrow wrote:
Yes, I've noticed. They'll be reading this thread snickering away to themselves.

If only I had a car and time to come visit Canberra. I could help, but wouldn't have enough points to make much difference. We should have a Griffin-only weekend event in the ACT that targets all caches that SDL, LL, TH, A33, BB, JAC and Fitzy have already done so they can't add more points after. Or even better, make all their caches yellow.

...yeah, :cerberus , I know my time is coming.
Reading this thread...................tick
Snickering away........................no, no point snickering when you're getting smashed by Phoenix
Come to Canberra.....................you, C&W, Rogerw3, PJMPJM etc etc. Make a weekend of it. Would love to see you all here.
Know your time is coming..........oh yeah!!!

Now_To_Morrow

Post by Now_To_Morrow » 14 December 16 10:07 am

Sol de Lune wrote:Come to Canberra.....................you, C&W, Rogerw3, PJMPJM etc etc. Make a weekend of it. Would love to see you all here.
So when will we see your event/s posted? Can I put in a wish list? I would love to do the GC spooky series down south at night :shock: . That could be one event over the weekend. The rest can be GCA. :D

ziggiau
3000 or more caches found
3000 or more caches found
Twitter: ziggiau

Post by ziggiau » 14 December 16 10:48 am

No_Tomorrow wrote:So when will we see your event/s posted? Can I put in a wish list? I would love to do the GC spooky series down south at night :shock: . That could be one event over the weekend. The rest can be GCA. :D
Sign me up too! (I'll be there to support my industrious :cerberus clan though).

Sol de Lune

Post by Sol de Lune » 24 May 17 11:15 am

Dubbo Dubbo Dubbo......and Narromine as well !!!

See you soon No_Tomorrow.

Now_To_Morrow

Post by Now_To_Morrow » 24 May 17 1:14 pm

Sol de Lune wrote:Dubbo Dubbo Dubbo......and Narromine as well !!!

Just enough but not too many so there is room for more later. :wink:
8) :griffin

rogerw3
8000 or more caches found
8000 or more caches found

Post by rogerw3 » 24 May 17 9:45 pm

Sol de Lune wrote: Come to Canberra.....................you, C&W, Rogerw3, PJMPJM etc etc. Make a weekend of it. Would love to see you all here.
Know your time is coming..........oh yeah!!!
Sorry Mate, I can only travel by public transport and very occasionally a willing driver! So Canberra if off my accessible list.

caughtatwork

Post by caughtatwork » 05 June 17 11:07 am

Griffin take over Maribyrnong (C) - dragonZone
http://geocaching.com.au/zone/gmap/2121/gca
http://geocaching.com.au/zone/caches/2121/gca
10 brand new caches from micro to regular all hidden last weekend to entice you out to see if you can beat down Griffin or better, bolster the Griffin control of the west.

Now_To_Morrow

Post by Now_To_Morrow » 12 June 17 11:31 pm

Sol de Lune wrote:Dubbo Dubbo Dubbo......and Narromine as well !!!

Not sure when you are planning on coming back through the area, but if you are doing any Bourkebornandbred caches, she is always obliging with hints and missing multicache codes. I just introduced her to GCA today - she's been bored since I started hiding with GCA. \:D/