Griffin Clan

A place to talk about the Geocaching Australia dragonZone and other games
caughtatwork

Re: Griffin Clan

Post by caughtatwork » 20 July 15 4:31 pm

I agree. Sol is a machine. Was lucky enough to run unto him at at event a weekend or two ago.

Now as far as getting Griffin into power, well, we simply need more active Griffins. At the moment the activities are all a little bit to geocacher centric. Need to make them more clan centric. I think the next game shall focus on the outcomes for the clan rather than the individual.

Now_To_Morrow
3500 or more caches found

Post by Now_To_Morrow » 20 July 15 4:36 pm

...maybe with individual trophies for clan achievements for inventive?

caughtatwork

Post by caughtatwork » 20 July 15 4:50 pm

Sounds like an idea. Like, if your clan achieves 10,000 or more points, then you get a trophy activated that you can claim? But for those clans who don't achieve, they get no trophy to claim?

The Morris
8500 or more caches found

Post by The Morris » 20 July 15 6:41 pm

I am hopeless at strategy games and need someone to say - Robyn go and:
hide some here
find some there
put point thingys on there

And I might be able to help

Sol de Lune

Post by Sol de Lune » 20 July 15 9:49 pm

The Morris wrote:I am hopeless at strategy games and need someone to say - Robyn go and:
hide some here
find some there
put point thingys on there

And I might be able to help
Robyn go and.....

see the errors of your ways and come and join Cerberus. :-" :-"

Now_To_Morrow

Post by Now_To_Morrow » 21 July 15 12:33 am

Shoosh. [-X Haha

I've been slowly learning how it all works through the "Winter is Coming" game and it's forum. Caughtatwork, I don't watch Victoria, just NSW - any tips for where Robyn could start?

caughtatwork

Post by caughtatwork » 21 July 15 9:24 am

Bendigo :-)

The Morris

Post by The Morris » 21 July 15 7:43 pm

#-o

Now_To_Morrow

Post by Now_To_Morrow » 30 July 15 4:01 pm

We've lost NSW to Cerberus! I gained 2 new zones for us today but it wasn't enough to counteract Sol de lune's marauding. :?

Sol de Lune

Post by Sol de Lune » 04 January 16 12:32 am

Did anyone see which way the (former) Griffin strong in NSW...ie Blue Mountains....went????

Go Go Cerberus is the catch phrase I believe... \:D/ \:D/ \:D/

(Things will turn around I'm sure...but while the going is good........)

Sol de Lune

Post by Sol de Lune » 08 February 16 11:23 pm

Sol de Lune wrote:Did anyone see which way the (former) Griffin strong in NSW...ie Blue Mountains....went????

Go Go Cerberus is the catch phrase I believe... \:D/ \:D/ \:D/

(Things will turn around I'm sure...but while the going is good........)
Ok, so the Cerberus Mountains have gone back to Griffin.....but for how long? I do love a challenge. Tasmania anyone???

Now_To_Morrow

Post by Now_To_Morrow » 24 February 16 10:36 pm

So my holiday is over. I wasn't able to win back NSW for Griffin but I was able to take back a few zones, narrowing the gap between Cerrrberus and us, from 38 to 16 zones. \:D/ I was going to try the Sydney area but after getting lost twice in Penrith I decided to leave the city to those who can navigate the city. :oops:

So is anygriffin willing to take on the city or southern zones and win back NSW? Remember if you can't match the points on a cache/trig or take over enough for zone control, maybe you can take over a moveable like a GeGnome and place it in said enemy territory and turn that zone Grrrriffin-Gold, our just move the moveable they control all into one zone that they control too well.

:griffin :griffin :griffin

Sol de Lune

Post by Sol de Lune » 24 February 16 11:34 pm

No_Tomorrow wrote:So my holiday is over. I wasn't able to win back NSW for Griffin but I was able to take back a few zones, narrowing the gap between Cerrrberus and us, from 38 to 16 zones. \:D/ I was going to try the Sydney area but after getting lost twice in Penrith I decided to leave the city to those who can navigate the city. :oops:

So is anygriffin willing to take on the city or southern zones and win back NSW? Remember if you can't match the points on a cache/trig or take over enough for zone control, maybe you can take over a moveable like a GeGnome and place it in said enemy territory and turn that zone Grrrriffin-Gold, our just move the moveable they control all into one zone that they control too well.

Good effort there No tomorrow......good to see you getting right into it.

Now_To_Morrow

Post by Now_To_Morrow » 23 November 16 12:24 am

I am getting excited to play the Summer Scavenger Series (SSS)? Today I found this in Wikipedia describing Griffins:

"...Because the lion was traditionally considered the king of the beasts and the eagle the king of birds, the griffin was thought to be an especially powerful and majestic creature. The griffin was also thought of as king of all creatures. Griffins are known for guarding treasure and priceless possessions."

Australia is ours. Or at least It should be. We need to reclaim our territory and guard it from invasion from other clans. Where do you live? Is it Griffin-Gold? Where are you holidaying to and through? Do these zones need that Griffin-Gold life breathed back into them? :griffin

Want to play SSS or dragonZone (dZ) but have no clue what to do? Just follow the links below, and ask here for help.

What is the Summer Scavenger Series? http://geocaching.com.au/dragonzone/game/scavenger2016

How do I join a clan/Griffin? Log into or sign up to Geocaching Australia and visit this page and choose GRIFFIN. :griffin http://geocaching.com.au/my/dragonzone/

How do I see what is or needs to become Griffin territory? Follow this link to view states and zones in lists: http://geocaching.com.au/dragonzone/
Or in the map, select the DragonZone box and zoom in and out as needed.

How do I get points, use points, turn everything Griffin-Gold? Well, I don't know how the SSS works yet, but for dZ, any trig point or physical geocache can get you points when found or hidden after joining Griffin. On your dZ page, http://geocaching.com.au/my/dragonzone/, you can see your points and allocate your points toward taking control of the geocaches you have found or hidden, but you only have 7 days to allocate the points.

Still a little lost? Ask away here in the Griffin forum.

caughtatwork

Post by caughtatwork » 23 November 16 8:21 am

I am surrounded by a sea of poxy Cerberus blue :-( As I'm the only one hides caches near me I'm really just a proxy to make the area more blue as the Cerberus folks claim the caches I hide :-( I might need a new alias :-)