Griffin Clan

A place to talk about the Geocaching Australia dragonZone and other games
nutwood

Re: Griffin Clan

Post by nutwood » 05 May 14 10:27 pm

Don't like to ask pointed questions, but when is someone going to do something about Victoria? Looks as though it only requires the taking control of a few Cerberus zones, many of which are only just held..... :twisted:

caughtatwork

Post by caughtatwork » 05 May 14 11:06 pm

I'm trying. The Cerberus mob still have some caches listed in what should be Griffin zones. Wyndham, Hobsons Bay and Maribyrnong. Once they move their caches along (they've been found, just not moved to a different zone), they should lose 3 zones.

That would still leave Griffin 4 zones down.

Greater Geelong has only 2 caches to take the zone from Cerberus. Melton has only 2 caches to take the zone from Minotaur. They're both my side of town, so something may happen there shortly. Moorabool is neutral, so that should be easy to take and only about 45 minutes down the road.

We'll get there, it's a problem with time and petrol monies :-)

the Monkey King
50 or more caches found
50 or more caches found
Twitter: The Monkey King @Au

Post by the Monkey King » 06 May 14 8:40 am

The caches in my area are all mine - so just need people to find them. I am planning to hide some more - just need time off work to hide them during daylight hours.

nutwood

Post by nutwood » 07 May 14 7:09 pm

Friesianess and I have been considering our position and we've come the regretful conclusion that we are going to have to leave these golden halls, move a bit to the right and become a whole lot greener.
When we joined, we tossed up between Griffin and Phoenix and went with the former as there were less members. Unfortunately, we have ended up being the only Griffins in Tasmania. There's a lot of fun in being the under dog and the two of us successfully took over the State in less than a day, albeit with 250 km's of driving! The rub is that, with only the two of us, we're put in a position where we either orient all our future caching to DragonZone, or ignore DragonZone. Consider the situation if either of us hides a traditional cache; we're simply giving the other clans a rod to beat us with. Doesn't matter how much we load it with points, we won't hold it as we can only find it once, whilst they have multiple members.
We also run the risk of our caching becoming a chore. We hold the State, there's quite a few strategic moves we can employ to continue holding it and it would be very easy to get too caught up in that. We can't handle moving too far to the right, the whole country's doing that, plus we don't like the Minotaur colour, however Phoenix is acceptable, there's other Tasmanians and we have the simple pleasure of trying to undo the controls we placed in the first place.
Regretfully (very!) please could we request the Faeries to turn us green?

Taz
400 or more spectacular views seen
400 or more spectacular views seen

Post by Taz » 07 May 14 7:18 pm

Nutwood I hear you! I'd like to take my hat off to the two of you because you have made me grit my teeth several times this week as I watched you undo a very long and hard day out when my little team took over Launceston and surrounds. #-o

caughtatwork

Post by caughtatwork » 07 May 14 7:36 pm

nutwood wrote:Friesianess and I have been considering our position and we've come the regretful conclusion that we are going to have to leave these golden halls, move a bit to the right and become a whole lot greener.
When we joined, we tossed up between Griffin and Phoenix and went with the former as there were less members. Unfortunately, we have ended up being the only Griffins in Tasmania. There's a lot of fun in being the under dog and the two of us successfully took over the State in less than a day, albeit with 250 km's of driving! The rub is that, with only the two of us, we're put in a position where we either orient all our future caching to DragonZone, or ignore DragonZone. Consider the situation if either of us hides a traditional cache; we're simply giving the other clans a rod to beat us with. Doesn't matter how much we load it with points, we won't hold it as we can only find it once, whilst they have multiple members.
We also run the risk of our caching becoming a chore. We hold the State, there's quite a few strategic moves we can employ to continue holding it and it would be very easy to get too caught up in that. We can't handle moving too far to the right, the whole country's doing that, plus we don't like the Minotaur colour, however Phoenix is acceptable, there's other Tasmanians and we have the simple pleasure of trying to undo the controls we placed in the first place.
The faeries have turned you green (you traitor, just kidding)
Have you joined the wrong clan?
While you cannot change your clan yourself you can always ask one of the Geocaching Australia faeries via the forums.
Note that when you change clans any dZPoints the game system or you previously allocated will remain with your old clan but your unused personal dZPoints will remain with you.

nutwood

Post by nutwood » 07 May 14 8:09 pm

Taz wrote:Nutwood I hear you! I'd like to take my hat off to the two of you because you have made me grit my teeth several times this week as I watched you undo a very long and hard day out when my little team took over Launceston and surrounds. #-o
Thanks for that Taz. There was nothing personal, after all, you recovered our Horse =D> ! However we are a bit disappointed not to pursue our strategic attack through to the end. We had a few more little surprises for you that are now being repainted. Never mind, Green and Brown will never mix (consider the result!), the Tasmanian battle lines are now simple; elegant fire bird V cow. Watch our tail feathers!

nutwood

Post by nutwood » 07 May 14 8:20 pm

caughtatwork wrote:
nutwood wrote:Friesianess and I have been considering our position and we've come the regretful conclusion that we are going to have to leave these golden halls, move a bit to the right and become a whole lot greener.
The faeries have turned you green (you traitor, just kidding)
Have you joined the wrong clan?
While you cannot change your clan yourself you can always ask one of the Geocaching Australia faeries via the forums.
Note that when you change clans any dZPoints the game system or you previously allocated will remain with your old clan but your unused personal dZPoints will remain with you.
Thanks for that. We didn't want to go but sometimes reality bites! We've left an entire State as a goodbye present, now we have to work out how to capture it again. As a courtesy gesture, our first targets will be the cattle fields!

rogerw3
8000 or more caches found

Post by rogerw3 » 12 May 14 6:56 pm

:griffin :D :griffin

Griffin rejoice, we have taken "Mosman" away from those pesky birds the "Phoenix", about time we started to clip their wings!

rogerw3

Post by rogerw3 » 16 October 14 7:48 am

:griffin \:D/

It has taken a while but clan Griffin has taken control of NSW at last!

:lol: :griffin

Just a cacher

Post by Just a cacher » 16 October 14 9:13 am

OK, what will you do with it, now you've got it?

Zalgariath
5500 or more caches found
5500 or more caches found

Post by Zalgariath » 16 October 14 9:50 am

Grrrrrr.... damn work and no caching time grumble grumble ... ;) At least it aint blue :-"

Now_To_Morrow
3500 or more caches found

Post by Now_To_Morrow » 20 July 15 4:07 pm

I only just discovered this forum feed.
I'm from Central West NSW.

If anyone doing the Winter is Coming dragonzone challenge reads this before the end of July, can i draw your attention to the fact that Cerberus have a forum feed encouraging each other to take back territory that should be ours... because all Australia should be :wink:

I've done my best including trying to claim back Yass in the middle of the night on my way home with my 18 year old son getting very stroppy, so i didn't get as many as i needed. :(

Go Griffin! :griffin

caughtatwork

Post by caughtatwork » 20 July 15 4:15 pm

I'm one of two Griffin's in Melbourne who are active and I'm continuously plotted against by that Cerberus mob. I'm trying to gain control of territory far, far away from them so they don't bother, but it's not an easy task to do on your lonesome. Not quite sure how I'm going to handle them yet. :griffin :griffin :griffin

Now_To_Morrow

Post by Now_To_Morrow » 20 July 15 4:28 pm

I was passing through ACT this weekend with an anti-geocaching passenger so had to wisely choose which ones to find. I looked at which territories may possibly be taken for Griffin and then decided not to bother in ACT at all, but concentrate on trying to take the surrounding areas. I had Yass in my sights till Tanso's new Griffin caches were released and Cerberus came in for the kill - I swear all ACT cachers are Cerberus. :?
...mind you i can understand not wanting to oppose Sol de lune.