Is it kosher???

A place to talk about the Geocaching Australia dragonZone and other games
Post Reply
Luckyl10n
10000 or more caches found
10000 or more caches found
Posts: 81
Joined: 19 January 13 7:16 pm
Location: Australian Capital Territory

Is it kosher???

Post by Luckyl10n » 27 July 18 10:10 am

I have seen some evidence recently of caches which look to have been logged on dates other than the date on which they were found. I didn't think too much about it at the time, but checking my dragonZone trophies recently, the thought occurred to me that maybe the late logs are being used to claim otherwise difficult trophies and the resultant points. I know how difficult it was for me to complete the 60 day streak and the fact that it is unlikely I'll get there again, let alone 90 or more days.

I'm interested in the views of others about this.

User avatar
caughtatwork
Posts: 16110
Joined: 17 May 04 12:11 pm
Location: Melbourne
Contact:

Re: Is it kosher???

Post by caughtatwork » 27 July 18 11:33 am

The simple answer is no, it is not. The date of the electronic log should be the day you physically found or hid the geocache.

Tuena
4500 or more caches found
4500 or more caches found
Posts: 521
Joined: 17 November 06 11:38 am

Re: Is it kosher???

Post by Tuena » 27 July 18 1:09 pm

Luckyl10n wrote:I have seen some evidence recently of caches which look to have been logged on dates other than the date on which they were found. I didn't think too much about it at the time, but checking my dragonZone trophies recently, the thought occurred to me that maybe the late logs are being used to claim otherwise difficult trophies and the resultant points. I know how difficult it was for me to complete the 60 day streak and the fact that it is unlikely I'll get there again, let alone 90 or more days.

I'm interested in the views of others about this.
Perhaps logging finds on other than the find date relates to the grace period for allocating additional points to a cache.

Luckyl10n
10000 or more caches found
10000 or more caches found
Posts: 81
Joined: 19 January 13 7:16 pm
Location: Australian Capital Territory

Re: Is it kosher???

Post by Luckyl10n » 27 July 18 5:25 pm

Tuena wrote:
Luckyl10n wrote:I have seen some evidence recently of caches which look to have been logged on dates other than the date on which they were found. I didn't think too much about it at the time, but checking my dragonZone trophies recently, the thought occurred to me that maybe the late logs are being used to claim otherwise difficult trophies and the resultant points. I know how difficult it was for me to complete the 60 day streak and the fact that it is unlikely I'll get there again, let alone 90 or more days.

I'm interested in the views of others about this.
Perhaps logging finds on other than the find date relates to the grace period for allocating additional points to a cache.
Nope, they are find logs, not just additional points allocations on the cache page.

Luckyl10n
10000 or more caches found
10000 or more caches found
Posts: 81
Joined: 19 January 13 7:16 pm
Location: Australian Capital Territory

Re: Is it kosher???

Post by Luckyl10n » 27 July 18 5:26 pm

caughtatwork wrote:The simple answer is no, it is not. The date of the electronic log should be the day you physically found or hid the geocache.
Thought so, but just wanted to confirm my own view of cacher etiquette :)

Post Reply