Page 13 of 17

Re: dragonZone

Posted: 12 December 14 6:33 pm
by blossom*
Hey I noticed that I have a different rank now and can allocate more points. And I'm a Merchant - sounds very superior :D But I can't find the place that tells me how this is allocated? The Wiki doesn't list the details of how many points gives you what. At least I don't think it does? Or is this a secret? And maybe in this thread of 12 pages there is something?

Maybe I need 1,000 to become a Knight and 2,000 to be a dZoner? Is there anything higher than that?

Re: dragonZone

Posted: 12 December 14 7:20 pm
by Zalgariath
Yep... it's called "Rogerw3!" :twisted:

Re: dragonZone

Posted: 12 December 14 7:30 pm
by geo_jas
blossom* wrote:Hey I noticed that I have a different rank now and can allocate more points. And I'm a Merchant - sounds very superior :D But I can't find the place that tells me how this is allocated? The Wiki doesn't list the details of how many points gives you what. At least I don't think it does? Or is this a secret? And maybe in this thread of 12 pages there is something?

Maybe I need 1,000 to become a Knight and 2,000 to be a dZoner? Is there anything higher than that?

There's a bit of explanation on page 10 of this thread. Level 20 is currently the highest but given how the points look for each level (this hadn't been explained) even Rogerw3 won't be there for a while.

Re: dragonZone

Posted: 17 December 14 5:26 pm
by spatialriq
Any more plans for one of them double point day(s) in the offing? \:D/

Re: dragonZone

Posted: 09 February 16 8:10 am
by No_Tomorrow
Just checking... If I have found a moveable cache in the past, and a few others have found it since, can I allocate more dZ points when I find it again? is that how Rita Angel http://geocaching.com.au/cache/ga6600 got so many Cerberus points?

Re: dragonZone

Posted: 09 February 16 8:40 am
by caughtatwork
You can add dZ points to a cache when you find it. However the minimum time period for allocating points is 7 days. If you find a movable cache 2 days after your last find and you have already allocated points, you can't do it again. In this case you need to have some patience padwan.

Re: dragonZone

Posted: 08 May 16 8:02 am
by No_Tomorrow
So... it's already well into May and I haven't heard anything yet... will there be any winter dZ games this year?

Re: dragonZone

Posted: 08 May 16 12:45 pm
by caughtatwork
Nothing planned for this winter. I may look ay Spring before the Summer cache race.

Re: dragonZone

Posted: 13 February 17 6:17 am
by J_&_J
I like the new map on the dragonZone news page!

http://geocaching.com.au/my/dragonzone/

:minotaur :minotaur :minotaur :minotaur

Re: dragonZone

Posted: 18 February 17 10:44 am
by Luckyl10n
Great to see the new trophies added. Just need to visit your "My dragonZone Trophies" page to get them to appear on your trophies list. :D :cerberus :cerberus :cerberus

Re: dragonZone

Posted: 17 March 17 12:04 pm
by Zalgariath
Yep they are good fun.

Now, who wants to hide 365 caches of all sizes, types, and DT combos within about 5km of my place? Cheers in Advance \:D/ [-o<

Re: dragonZone

Posted: 17 March 17 1:10 pm
by caughtatwork
Ahhh, you have spotted the flaw. Well, not a flaw, but an enhanced method of playing the game. GCA geocaches do not have to have any separation of distance. We don't need no stinkin' rules. Anyway, get someone to hide an ammo can with 365 micros inside it. Each micro is its own cache. So you now have 365 geocaches just down the road that you can visit, one a day until you hit the streak :-) Of course that only works for micros. Getting 365 larges (at 20litres or more) would be rather a lot harder and stand out a bit more: http://www.tanks-direct.co.uk/7000_litr ... on_potable

Re: dragonZone

Posted: 17 March 17 1:31 pm
by SamCarter
caughtatwork wrote:Ahhh, you have spotted the flaw. Well, not a flaw, but an enhanced method of playing the game. GCA geocaches do not have to have any separation of distance. We don't need no stinkin' rules. Anyway, get someone to hide an ammo can with 365 micros inside it. Each micro is its own cache. So you now have 365 geocaches just down the road that you can visit, one a day until you hit the streak :-) Of course that only works for micros. Getting 365 larges (at 20litres or more) would be rather a lot harder and stand out a bit more: http://www.tanks-direct.co.uk/7000_litr ... on_potable
Ahh, it says "non-potable" not "non-portable" so you could still make it a moveable.

Re: dragonZone

Posted: 17 March 17 5:57 pm
by J_&_J
SamCarter wrote:
caughtatwork wrote:Ahhh, you have spotted the flaw. Well, not a flaw, but an enhanced method of playing the game. GCA geocaches do not have to have any separation of distance. We don't need no stinkin' rules. Anyway, get someone to hide an ammo can with 365 micros inside it. Each micro is its own cache. So you now have 365 geocaches just down the road that you can visit, one a day until you hit the streak :-) Of course that only works for micros. Getting 365 larges (at 20litres or more) would be rather a lot harder and stand out a bit more: http://www.tanks-direct.co.uk/7000_litr ... on_potable
Ahh, it says "non-potable" not "non-portable" so you could still make it a moveable.
=D> =D> =D> =D> :lol:

Re: dragonZone

Posted: 21 March 17 8:39 pm
by Sambuccasam
Zalgariath wrote:Yep they are good fun.

Now, who wants to hide 365 caches of all sizes, types, and DT combos within about 5km of my place? Cheers in Advance \:D/ [-o<
yep absolutely no chance in Brisbane unless i hide and find my own...lol. Need a trophy for claiming Dragon Zones..now that I can do.