dragonZone

A place to talk about the Geocaching Australia dragonZone and other games
caughtatwork

Re: dragonZone

Post by caughtatwork » 22 June 18 9:48 am

If you do it the same day then you're OK. If you're doing it after the bonus period ends then it's as if the bonus never applied. The bonus is there as an incentive to go and do it, now, now, now. It's not there to be retrospectively applied after the fact. It's like turning up to an event the week after it was held. You get the find but not the enjoyment of the actual event.

OldSaint
10000 or more caches found

Post by OldSaint » 22 June 18 10:10 am

Like gooseandegg, I checked my dragonzone points today
I too have lost 346 points out of my personal dz points
On the 18th june I had 64834.59; today I only have 64488.39
I have not adjusted a log and can't see where logs have been deleted
It would seem there is a glitch in the system
When you work your guts out to gain points and then have them deleted for no apparent reason, one wonders why one tries so hard
To lose points in the Available dzpoints is understandable, but out of your personal dzpoints isn't
Cheers OldSaint

gooseandegg

Post by gooseandegg » 22 June 18 10:34 am

caughtatwork wrote:If you do it the same day then you're OK. If you're doing it after the bonus period ends then it's as if the bonus never applied. The bonus is there as an incentive to go and do it, now, now, now. It's not there to be retrospectively applied after the fact. It's like turning up to an event the week after it was held. You get the find but not the enjoyment of the actual event.
I may have gone in and fixed a spelling error. I'm such a loser ](*,)

caughtatwork

Post by caughtatwork » 22 June 18 11:00 am

OldSaint wrote:Like gooseandegg, I checked my dragonzone points today
When you work your guts out to gain points and then have them deleted for no apparent reason, one wonders why one tries so hard
To lose points in the Available dzpoints is understandable, but out of your personal dzpoints isn't
Cheers OldSaint
You have edited at least 1 log and the same rule applies. Once the bonus period is over any recalculations do not include the bonus. There is no glitch or bug, it is as intended. Once the bonus period is over and you edit a log it appears that the bonus never existed. This is a limitation of the system and is known to the developers as something that cannot be avoided unless we stop people from editing the log type. Removing the functionality to change the log type will remove the recalculation but then you will need to delete and create a new log each time you make a mistake. This is not currently on the cards for review.

OldSaint

Post by OldSaint » 22 June 18 12:20 pm

caughtatwork wrote:
Cheers OldSaint
You have edited at least 1 log and the same rule applies. Once the bonus period is over any recalculations do not include the bonus. There is no glitch or bug, it is as intended. Once the bonus period is over and you edit a log it appears that the bonus never existed. This is a limitation of the system and is known to the developers as something that cannot be avoided unless we stop people from editing the log type. Removing the functionality to change the log type will remove the recalculation but then you will need to delete and create a new log each time you make a mistake. This is not currently on the cards for review.
Which log was edited please? I can't remember doing that - would be good to know if possible
Thanks OldSaint

Now_To_Morrow
3500 or more caches found

Post by Now_To_Morrow » 22 June 18 2:01 pm

caughtatwork wrote:If you do it the same day then you're OK. If you're doing it after the bonus period ends then it's as if the bonus never applied. The bonus is there as an incentive to go and do it, now, now, now. It's not there to be retrospectively applied after the fact. It's like turning up to an event the week after it was held. You get the find but not the enjoyment of the actual event.
Now now now??? Yeah, I had one hour to find a many trigs as I could to get those bonus points as I was away on a
working weekend with hubby and had to meet up with him by a certain time. Got home at 9pm. As if I'm going to pause at each one or stay up late making logs of over 100 words for each one! Maybe I should just adopt the popular cut and paste about dZ as my log for everything. No effort or creativity required but get the points still.

caughtatwork

Post by caughtatwork » 22 June 18 3:43 pm

OldSaint wrote:
caughtatwork wrote:
Cheers OldSaint
Which log was edited please? I can't remember doing that - would be good to know if possible
Thanks OldSaint
It looks like this one.
https://geocaching.com.au/cache/GA11704
It was logged with a date on 11/6 but the latest update is 20/6. I can't tell whether it was originally logged on 11/6 but it looks that way as if there were no updates the updated values would not be set.

Now_To_Morrow

Post by Now_To_Morrow » 23 June 18 9:14 am

caughtatwork wrote: I can't tell whether it was originally logged on 11/6 but it looks that way as if there were no updates the updated values would not be set.
I'm not going to do it but, does that mean if you delete the old log and make a new backdated one you'll get the points back?

I realise there could be dZ bag issues that would come up with that, but I'm just wondering about the above.

J_&_J
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000016368307

Post by J_&_J » 23 June 18 10:02 am

No. The editing of your logs needed to take place during the bonus points round, regardless of what date the original log was.
caughtatwork wrote:If you found a geocache during a bonus period and then changed the log today the points are recalculated based on the bonus' available TODAY.

OldSaint

Post by OldSaint » 23 June 18 11:45 am

How can one cacher get 10,000 dz points for finding one cache after 6x has finished?
Another cacher's points have increased by about 21,000 for 10 moveables?
Cheers OldSaint

sirius Tas

Post by sirius Tas » 23 June 18 2:37 pm

OldSaint wrote:How can one cacher get 10,000 dz points for finding one cache after 6x has finished?
Cheers OldSaint
There must have been a 100 times multiplier that some have missed out on....lol.
All becoming a bit ridiculous when you can't even edit a spelling mistake on past logs without incurring loss of points.

2y'stassies

Post by 2y'stassies » 23 June 18 4:57 pm

How can one cacher get 10,000 dz points for finding one cache after 6x has finished?
Cheers OldSaint
Sorry Old Saint but our 21 000 points have nothing to do with finding 10 moveables several days ago but are due to a bug that affected only a very small number of cachers being detected and squished after which the appropriate adjustments were made. The bug affected one other Tassie team

OldSaint

Post by OldSaint » 24 June 18 5:51 am

caughtatwork wrote:
OldSaint wrote:
caughtatwork wrote:
Cheers OldSaint
Thanks OldSaint
It looks like this one.
https://geocaching.com.au/cache/GA11704
It was logged with a date on 11/6 but the latest update is 20/6. I can't tell whether it was originally logged on 11/6 but it looks that way as if there were no updates the updated values would not be set.
It was a legitimate find made 11/6; one digit was removed from the time in the log and for that I lost 346 points
None of the rules explained that this would happen and I am wondering if those point can be restored please in a similar manner to that done for other cachers where glitches have occurred in the system - I know of three such instances; not asking for bonus points as was given in those cases, but just to have my lost points restored please
Thanks and cheers
OldSaint

caughtatwork

Post by caughtatwork » 24 June 18 11:34 am

The hostility and complete lack of respect in this thread is distressing to say the least.

The people that administer the games, write the code and try to make the game of geocaching and dragonZone fun and entertaining for everyone do not appreciate the rudeness, accusations, sarcasm and other hostility demonstrated.

Remember we are people too and spend hundreds and thousands of hours combined over the days, weeks, months and years to keep the site and games running.

Further descent into any more hostility will result in suspensions as the bullyboy attitude recently WILL stop.

Raise an issue or concern by all means. Keep it civil. Keep it to the point. If you have a criticism of the game, include a suggestion for improvement. Non-constructive criticism will continue to be ignored.

Some points for inconvenience have been added to the two most vocal complainants. There will be no further action or discussion on this matter.

Due to the way that a minority of the community have acted any further bug or glitch detected in the system for whatever reason whatsoever will not be retrospectively corrected.

Now_To_Morrow

Post by Now_To_Morrow » 24 June 18 1:56 pm

I'm sorry you feel this way. I can only speak for myself and what I'm reading through my eyes and mind, but these were merely questions about things we don't understand. How else are we to learn how it all works?

Commenting and questioning on this was only joining in what I thought was a harmless conversation with the community and looking for clarity. Clarity I have finally found after your response. I'm out. I suffer social anxiety and finding friends here to chat with who have similar interests was healthy for me. Your response assuming we were being hostile isn't healthy for me. I'm out.

Thank you to all of you here who made me feel like a had found a place I fit in. It was fun. :D :D :D

*I added 3 smilies so you can tell it is only a friendly message. :D