Cleaning up Caches...

For all your general chit chat, caching or not.
Spruce Mooses
1000 or more caches found
1000 or more caches found

Cleaning up Caches...

Post by Spruce Mooses » 02 March 08 5:19 pm

We were just watching the news footage of muggles rummaging through bushes today. Well it was Clean Up Australia Day.

Wondering how many caches get picked up in the rubbish? How many will we not be able to find next week? I guess if the caches well hidden and not in a place where rubbish is also frequent they should be fine, but we all know thats not always the case....

Any stories?

Richary
8000 or more caches found
8000 or more caches found

Post by Richary » 02 March 08 7:53 pm

I guess that is one advantage of a cache not looking like a piece of rubbish. Obviously camo'ed, or with a geocaching sticker on it and the stash note inside.

I didn't join a local clean up group today (didn't actually see any publicity for any - nothing in the local rag). Did my bit by finding a laptop bag in a creek when caching though (very strange spot for it - nothing in there). So took it home to put in the bin as it was quite worn out. It couldn't have floated to where it was (resting on top of a rock well above the water level) and must have been thrown off the nearby fence.

Went to another cache today at the bottom of a cliff that isn't right next to suburbia, and there was a computer monitor and speakers at the bottom. Obviously thrown off the top. A bit heavy to carry that lot back out though as it was a fair climb back to the car.

2dudez
1100 or more caches found
1100 or more caches found

Post by 2dudez » 02 March 08 9:25 pm

Well it wasn't part of Clean Up Australia Day, but tonight as I was heading toward a micro in Ballarat, I watched a group of teen muggles walk straight up to it, pull it out, read it and put it back.
The girl in the group already knew it was there and the guys wouldn't believe it until she showed them.
Ah, well.... at least they left it.

embi
400 or more spectacular views seen
400 or more spectacular views seen

Post by embi » 02 March 08 9:46 pm

Which one was it?