OT: Travel to Vietnam

For all your general chit chat, caching or not.
Team Falling Numerals

Post by Team Falling Numerals » 31 December 07 9:07 am

listmaker wrote:......I'm hoping that his more studious friend is the one driving the itinerary so that they do see something of the culture of the country.....
ha ha ha. Good luck and good luck to the boys for their trip.

My son has been lucky enough to have travelled extensively throughout the world and is singularly unimpressed with the culture or history that we might find interesting. I used to get cross with him for his attitude but I now realise that as a young person his view of the world is very different from mine. Therefore if your boys don't appear to you to be absorbing the Vietnamese experience, don't fret, they will still have a great adventure and learn a great deal.

listmaker
700 or more Caches found
700 or more Caches  found

Post by listmaker » 31 December 07 12:38 pm

Team Falling Numerals wrote:
listmaker wrote:......I'm hoping that his more studious friend is the one driving the itinerary so that they do see something of the culture of the country.....
ha ha ha. Good luck and good luck to the boys for their trip.

My son has been lucky enough to have travelled extensively throughout the world and is singularly unimpressed with the culture or history that we might find interesting. I used to get cross with him for his attitude but I now realise that as a young person his view of the world is very different from mine. Therefore if your boys don't appear to you to be absorbing the Vietnamese experience, don't fret, they will still have a great adventure and learn a great deal.
True enough. The son in question found himself a new job and has been stashing money away for the trip. I bought him a camera and travel bag (he chose, I paid) for Christmas, so he's just about set. I'm starting to feel a bit jealous...