Wait, are they at work?

For all your general chit chat, caching or not.
Ranger1
100 or more tracks walked
100 or more tracks walked

Post by Ranger1 » 22 October 07 6:21 pm

Ranger1 wrote:we have only used the phone a friend option a couple of times but only to cachers whom we have already made friends with, but only if we have tried without success a couple of times in the past. However as a ranger I am always on call, so if anyone needs help with caches that we have found or bushcraft in general, please ask.
I forgot to add my phone no
041 781 6353
email:
mjparker At internode dot on dot net .
My (Ranger 1) phone is normally on during daylight hours but if it's not on leave a message & I'll call you back. :D

zactyl

Post by zactyl » 23 October 07 3:02 am

Mr Walker wrote:What! All you people actually have phone coverage where you go caching.
Usually, but not at home! :D

solomonfamily
1700 or more caches found
1700 or more caches found

Post by solomonfamily » 23 October 07 12:02 pm

I have no problem taking phone calls and happy to do so - like other threads the level at which we play the game is to our own standard, when someone calls I without question assume they have given it a go as such, I (we) get a will do my best to help and pass on any information I can.

Admittedly, sometimes I dont have the answers at hand - i.e. for multicaches I dont record WP or GZ info after I have completed them but more often than not I able to describe a location from memory etc.

Phill - aka King Jnr (Solomonfamily)

Alansee
4000 or more? I'm officially obsessed.
4000 or more? I'm officially obsessed.

Post by Alansee » 23 October 07 1:26 pm

I generally don't call a friend while I am in the field no matter how much I look for a cache. A major exception is if I am a long way from home and not likely to get back there soon. I tend to contact previous finders once I am back home if I feel I need help.

I am more than happy for people who have my number (and I give it out quite happily if contacted) to call me, or otherwise contact me. I also usually go armed with DNF's to any caching get-together!

One thing I do prefer though is if people contact me, expecially by email, to tell me what they have actually done to find the cache. "Can I have a hint?" doesn't tell me what sort of a hint they need - are they even in the right area??? Have they looked much at all? :twisted: It means I can give them much better information for their request.

Crisp image
350 ? I am the lizard queen
350 ? I am the lizard queen

Post by Crisp image » 23 October 07 10:49 pm

Phone a friend option is used after I have searched high and low and spent cosiderable time doing so. I don't mind calls comming to me. That lets me know that my tricky hides are giving someone a challenge.
My question to the calller goes like this
How long have you been searching?
How much of a hint would you like?

Thats my 20 cents
Crisp Image
P.S Have my phone on mostly 24/7 except after night shift