[OT]I need a new Job

For all your general chit chat, caching or not.
Ranger1
100 or more tracks walked

Post by Ranger1 » 26 September 07 10:24 pm

The thing that we (my wife & I) are really worried about especially with the current work place & industrial relations laws still in a bit of a state of flux is that I get a job that ends up being affected by the new laws . We have a 21 month old daughter & a mortgage. So I don't mind saying that stepping out scares me a little bit that something happens & the money starts to run low. While this is probably unlikely, its still plays on my mind a bit. :(

5commer3
300 or more found
300 or more found

Post by 5commer3 » 26 September 07 11:39 pm

Ranger1 wrote:The thing that we (my wife & I) are really worried about especially with the current work place & industrial relations laws still in a bit of a state of flux is that I get a job that ends up being affected by the new laws . We have a 21 month old daughter & a mortgage. So I don't mind saying that stepping out scares me a little bit that something happens & the money starts to run low. While this is probably unlikely, its still plays on my mind a bit. :(

How many of us are safe at the moment from the new laws, (at the moment maybe...) :roll:

Grank

Post by Grank » 27 September 07 9:59 am

Ranger1 wrote:The thing that we (my wife & I) are really worried about .... We have a 21 month old daughter & a mortgage. .... its still plays on my mind a bit. :(
This is a major factor for considering going independant. It's a bit of a mine field and takes a long time to get comfortable with ... for a single bloke, let alone one with commitments. Best to keep the wife happy as well (I have assumed that she may not be employed at this stage) as knowing that your job always has a termination cluase of two or four weeks can cause some anxiety, which on top of the "new territory" can be even worse.

I work in a large industy sector and in sydney, so there are some deep pockets and many of them. If you consider dabling in contacting you need to assess the potential targets.

If you don't mind, what would you describe your area of work (eg Finance Marketing; Manufacturing Technology)

Udderchaos
400 or more spectacular views seen
400 or more spectacular views seen

Post by Udderchaos » 27 September 07 3:06 pm

i changed from a full time employee under an enterprise agreement to an AWA type arrangement about 4 months ago with the same employer.

Was one of the best things i have done, soo much flexibility, way better deal. but i can see how it could go pear shaped, all depends on the employer i guess and the deal you can negotiate.

Ranger1

Post by Ranger1 » 27 September 07 10:39 pm

About the only good thing about the company I work for is the flexible working hours. I start early so I can finish early & be home at a reasonable time, so I can go to the shops or even go caching before dark.

Ranger1

Post by Ranger1 » 28 September 07 9:37 pm

I Found out today that my team leader at work who tends to cause a bit of stress is being moved to another department soon. Yay. :P I don't think things will improve that much though.

Tratty
250 or more caches found
250 or more caches found

Post by Tratty » 01 October 07 10:52 am

In my own experience one person can make the difference on whether you want to go to work or not, but I guess a lot depends on your own frame of mind and how racked off you are.

Ranger1

Post by Ranger1 » 05 October 07 10:57 pm

I will find out how things go from next week with a new team leader. It wont change the system but it might help a bit.