FTF - Post your first to find.

For all your general chit chat, caching or not.
Bronze

FTF - Post your first to find.

Post by Bronze » 15 September 07 12:55 pm

Last weekend I revisited the first cache I ever found, Jedda's "Hunter Valley Vista" cache at Mount Sugarloaf west of Newcastle. I just read my very first find post from back in June 2002 and though other might like to share their very first find posts as well.

Feel free to post and discuss your thoughts throughout this thread. I think it would be an interesting read as it goes along.
June 15, 2002 by Bronze (161 found)
Yeah! TRIUMPHANT! My first cache find.

Well actually Jaxon my three year old helped out a little with the leaves and choosing what toys to take being the KFC skateboard and Goemonkeys #68 barrelmonkey. Excellent view, wonderful day. Put in Balloons, A tweenies magnet and away from that a disk.

I have to thank Steel Rat for the GPS tutorial the day before even though I was death warmed up!, and Hounddog for the advice earlier in the week which I didn't get the opportunity to say thanks for. Thankyou Hounddog.

Well I'm hooked. Next time I'll drag the first lady along to share the excitement.

Cheers Jedda for the day!

The Bronze.
Tonsilitus as a hobby sux.
Log page with pics.
http://www.geocaching.com/seek/log.aspx ... df242a5315

Jaxon is now 8 and still enjoys finding caches with me.

The Bronze.

Devar
900 answers to the unknown mysteries of life
900 answers to the unknown mysteries of life
Twitter: Devar

Post by Devar » 15 September 07 1:24 pm

July 24, 2002 by Devar (375 found)
Found this cache with wot and shelle :)
Really close to where we all live too, was a nice surprise for it to be so new! Didn't take any photos as we didn't take the digital camera. Weather was nice and wintery, and getting dark. My first cache found! :D
Wow what an exciting debut into the world of gc! haha :roll:

CraigRat
850 or more found!!!
850 or more found!!!
Twitter: CraigRat
Facebook: http://facebook.com/CraigRat

Post by CraigRat » 15 September 07 1:40 pm

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_de ... y&decrypt=
August 5, 2004 by CraigRat (448 found)
First Cache!!

My 3 Year old and I enjoyed a day out and found the cache without too much grief.

Took the Glittery Ball (Charlotte wanted it!), left Silver Padlock.

A great spot.. very nice (even in winter)

I've caught the caching bug!!
<wipes tear from eye>
Those were the days... (I may or may not have skipped work for the day to go find my 1st cache...shhhhhh)

Damo.

Post by Damo. » 15 September 07 1:59 pm

Only the good.... http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_de ... ?wp=GCG96N
September 28, 2003 by Damo. (170 found)
My first Cache was easily found. It was a fun introduction to the sport :) Zeroed in on my co-ordinates and found I was right on the money!
Didn't take anything but was amused by the Ansett travel pack.

Mr Router
1500 or more caches found

Post by Mr Router » 15 September 07 2:48 pm

We are there somewhere :wink:

Damo.

Post by Damo. » 15 September 07 3:27 pm

Mr Router wrote:We are there somewhere :wink:
Yes, very good. So am I (and about to slip off the bottom) but if you read the OP this is a thread about your very first find
not the glut of micros out Bathurst way. :roll: :P

Mr Router

Post by Mr Router » 15 September 07 5:04 pm

The Routers have had ftf's all over NSW :shock: We even managed a couple in Tassie.
Although the a lot of local caches helped , check through some of our logs and you will see there are quite a fews k's put in for FTF . I say what ever floats your boat .
Our very first cache was Pull the chain @ Ophir NSW September 2004, from that cache onwards addiction followed and by the stats the rest is history.

caughtatwork

Post by caughtatwork » 15 September 07 5:44 pm

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_de ... y&decrypt=

Laura's Loot
A cache by Two+Four
May 13, 2004 by caughtatwork (1281 found)
Had to come back after failing to work out how the GSP device works. Once we came back it only took a few minutes and a little bit of vertical effort to find.
We took a seal and left a red jewel and a plastic $1 coin.
Very pleasant cache site on a sunny morning.
This cache is now archived, but I've placed another cache in the same area (different location) at the same cemetery as it's too interesting a place not to have visitors.

Cached
2500 or more caches found
2500 or more caches found

Post by Cached » 15 September 07 6:17 pm

My first find was with my Venturers (I'm Sam).

RAAF Chapel - http://geocaching.com.au/cache/gcgq4r
March, 15th, 2004 Found it Puma_Venturers Our first cache! Found just on dusk, no problems. Found by Renee, Cory, Dan, Brendan, Craig, Aaron, Chukki, Kat, Sam & Jim.

First of many more to come. Directions easy to follow.

Took plastic snake, left 50c.
Was the start of an obsession...

davroy
1250 or more geocaches found
1250 or more geocaches found

Post by davroy » 15 September 07 8:09 pm

April 29, 2005 by davroy (353 found)
My very first cache!! Found it rather easily, after staring at the absolute white elephant over the fence. TNLN. I think I'm excited by this geocaching thing...
My first cache was GCJ4D7, Ghost Suburb (now archived) I was hooked right from the first one.

team unicycle
3500 or more caches found
3500 or more caches found

Re: FTF - Post your first to find.

Post by team unicycle » 15 September 07 8:33 pm

Don't Slip cache, since archived:
January 14, 2002 by Team Unicycle (867 found)
This is my fourth attempt at geo-caching. One was missing, one needed 4wd, another needed a boat. Finally one I can drive/walk to. Christopher wanted to take the stretchy frog, but I talked him into the mini 8-ball game. We left a bouncy ball, which Emily was cross about when she found out. A nice walk, I can't wait to do more.
Actually, the 3rd failure didn't need a boat, it just needed the correct coordinates in the GPS.

Hey Bronze, when did you find it, the 15th per your log, or the 16th per your photo?
Bronze wrote:
June 15, 2002 by Bronze (161 found).

Nibs
4000 or more? I'm officially obsessed.
4000 or more? I'm officially obsessed.

Post by Nibs » 15 September 07 10:20 pm

GC197 - Barossa High by Alex, hidden 21 Jan 2001 - Still going strong
November 22, 2001 by Nibs (1489 found)
I have just spent 2 weeks wandering around the (mostly) featurless plains around Woomera, and was able to perfect my ability to fly a GPS. So, as this was my first successful cache hunt, (my first one turned out to have been removed)I was pleased that it was easy to find - in a great spot, too. Well worth the pleasant drive and walk to get here. The cache was in good condition and I took the chipmunk left by Kevin & John and left a small (slightly used) signal mirror and a note in the log.
I still remember vividly the journey to this cache and have re-visited it a few times while getting other caches that had sprung up in the area. It still rates as one of my favourites. No wonder the sport/hobby/pasttime still holds me firm :wink: :D

Bronze

Re: FTF - Post your first to find.

Post by Bronze » 15 September 07 10:27 pm

Hey Bronze, when did you find it, the 15th per your log, or the 16th per your photo?
I'd say it was found on an Australian 16th but logged on a US site who were at that time still experiencing the 15th. :D

Rooter. Yours would look like:
September 26, 2004 by Scenic routers (1031 found)
This was our first cache , we are now hooked .
The only thing thats a bit dodgy is the BIG hole, those who pull the chain with a torch will know what we mean !!

http://img.geocaching.com/cache/log/e0a ... 8bf0e9.jpg

B.

Mr Router

Post by Mr Router » 16 September 07 9:34 am

Thanx mate looks great ! Hansom couple ah :lol:

Team Wibble
2100 or more geocaches found
2100 or more geocaches found

Post by Team Wibble » 16 September 07 12:07 pm

Clem Squared Corner, GC837E
June 13, 2004 by Team Wibble (1058 found)
Our first ever cache found but it took us a while to log it. Visited with team smeg while up in the flinders for some orienteering. Didn't sign the log book because we were new to the game and hadn't decided on a team name yet, but we did contribute to the swaps!

We actually ended up logging this quite awhile after we'd found it, after we'd gotten into the swing of things. Miss Wibble's brother dragged us up to the cache, with Miss Wibble grumbling the whole way about how stupid this was. Found the cache and - that's it, hooked. Now its Miss Wibble's brother who does the grumbling if we drag him along with us.