Travel Bug Hotels

For all your general chit chat, caching or not.
Posspet Boys
3000 or more caches found
3000 or more caches found

Travel Bug Hotels

Post by Posspet Boys » 25 July 07 9:03 am

I am saddened today that I have lost so many Travellers. Here is my log Not The Airport Hilton in Toronto, Canada where I brought Travellers from Australia to.
This is one of the saddest and most upsetting of all of my Geocaching experiences over the years. Today I went back to check on the cache and unfortunately I could not find it where I left it last week. I can only assume that it has gone missing.
To the Owner, sorry for this. I am sure that I actually hid it better than when I found it. There has been a little bit of garden maintenance down the road a bit but nothing in this area.
To all the Owners of TB's and Coins that I brought from Australia. This is about the worst I could feel. When I placed 15 items in to this cache I felt as though I was placing all the eggs in one basket. Even one missing bug I feel responsible for. If only I could wind back the clock and change things. I meant the best for them and gave them a good start around the world. Hopefully one day they will turn up again.
Sincerely - Posspet Boys
I have sent emails to all of the owners to advise them and apologised.
Travel Bug Hotels seem like a good idea but and I have nothing against them but I feel as though I put too many eggs in one basket. :( :( :(

setsujoku
3500 or more caches found
3500 or more caches found
Twitter: BGNWP

Post by setsujoku » 25 July 07 10:48 am

bugger

Udderchaos
400 or more spectacular views seen
400 or more spectacular views seen

Post by Udderchaos » 25 July 07 1:41 pm

TB hotels should be carefully hidden in a place where there in no chance they will be discovered by muggles.

luckdogscrew
600 or more caches found
600 or more caches found

Post by luckdogscrew » 25 July 07 2:17 pm

TB Hotels are a interesting idea, but if they are just hidden then they can always be lost.

I like the idea of the Bangkok one, Its in the shop of a GeoCacher and is therefore very save. This is a great idea for places like Bangkok where finding large caches is a problem.

Hong Kong has one near the airport which is not listed as a TB hotel but is regularly used like one. Its hidden in a very really visited place but one that is easy to get to for travellers, and is close to the airport. this one is well hidden but still there is a risk of it being muggled

There is another one (Can't remember the country) which is in a locked power type box on the side of the building, You need to get the combination code from the geocaching page. This is very secure and a great idea but maybe hard to setup.

Mr Walker
150 or more caches found
150 or more caches found

Post by Mr Walker » 07 August 07 4:38 pm

Mine, in the deep woods, has proven safe so far. This may be because it is quite hard to find, and unlikely to be stumbled on accidently, or it could be the presence of the Bandar and their poison arrows. My only problem is keeping it stocked, which reminds me i have a couple of TB's that need placing asap.