sphere.net.au

For all your general chit chat, caching or not.
SecretSquirrel-BJC
2700 or more caches found

sphere.net.au

Post by SecretSquirrel-BJC » 15 July 07 1:36 pm

Hi everybody

Can anyone tell me whether this is a legitimate site? It claims to be a local distributor of geocaching stuff.

I have had a bad experience. Almost a couple of weeks ago, I ordered $100 worth of bits and pieces, and paid by credit card. No money was withdrawn from the card though, and no good delivered. A week ago I emailed sales@sphere.net.au with a screendump of the order and the order number, and I haven't heard from them. I went through the online email form and also never heard from them

Has anyone else out there dealt with them?

Thanks

Damo.

Post by Damo. » 15 July 07 2:46 pm

I bought a couple of Travel Bug tags off them once. The owner John, AKA cacher "Charlie Brown", even rang me and arranged for me to pick them up to save the postage as I lived nearby at the time.

Maybe there is technical problems with the site? Sounds like your order wasn't recieved.

Phone number from the "contact us" link on the site: 02 93449111

Bronze

Post by Bronze » 15 July 07 3:28 pm

Yep. I know Charlie Brown as an aquaintance and he is reputable. Lovely bloke and easy to deal with no hassles. Did some caching with him and his sondown the south coast.

I remember when I was a lad he agreed to take on the Geostuff no questions asked. Integrated it into his other products well.

Have no hesitation recommending him. I bought a TB from him just weeks ago and it arrved in just a couple of days.

Grank

Post by Grank » 15 July 07 3:54 pm

I have used them on and off over the last two years always with good results. Most recently in March and May this year.

When I have placed a multi item order, and one item was not in stock, I was only charged for the items in stock. Delivery of these items was always pronto.

Were the items you ordered in stock or there an indication of a delay?

SecretSquirrel-BJC

Post by SecretSquirrel-BJC » 15 July 07 4:15 pm

Thanks - must be just some kind of hiccup!

I couldn't find the phone number - doh! - so will give them a call on Monday.

Aushiker
350 ? I am the lizard queen
350 ? I am the lizard queen
Twitter: Aushiker

Post by Aushiker » 15 July 07 9:02 pm

G'day

Well I am going to comment on the negative. I found their service last time I bothered to be well missing in action. They where rude, inconsiderate, considered me as a geocaching client to be a nuisance and on it goes. I had to follow-up up with them at least twice to get the product I paid for delivered. Even had to ask Groundspeak to intervene.

Never dealt with them again and wouldn't. As far as I am concerned if I have to actually chase them up (phone calls and emails) to get an ordered delivered after they charged my credit card and then get told I am a nuisance for doing same then they can stick their business.

BTW they also lost out on a much bigger dollar value purchase because of their crappy service.

I am not surprised you are having problems.

Regards
Andrew

Team Piggy

Post by Team Piggy » 15 July 07 9:59 pm

Had you bothered to call them to follow up on your order at all? Never trust web forms or email.

Sphere are very reputable, and I would suggest your order has gone Awol somehow, No money has changed hands so its not too bad really. Simply an annoyance.

alpha993
200 or more found
200 or more found

Post by alpha993 » 15 July 07 10:23 pm

I have made several small value orders over the last 2 years, all promptly delivered with no hassles. ymmv...

tronador
6500 or more caches found
6500 or more caches found

Post by tronador » 15 July 07 10:25 pm

Have bought TBs, they were delivered promptly. No hassles at all.

Rallywrxwagon
650 or more caches found
650 or more caches found

Post by Rallywrxwagon » 15 July 07 10:51 pm

Made three purchases ranging from $50 to $300 over the last 18 months for geocaching stuff. When goods were not in stock they called and asked about deleting them from order or holding order till stock arrived. Everything has been delivered as ordered in an express bag. They have called me each time from memory. So with the exception of the cost of the stuff :( I have been happy so far.

homedg
1550 or more caches found
1550 or more caches found

Post by homedg » 15 July 07 11:45 pm

Bought from Charlie Brown (A cacher) a few times.
Deliveries were prompt and service was great when there were out of stocks etc.
I would highly recommend their service.

Team Falling Numerals

Post by Team Falling Numerals » 16 July 07 9:02 am

I have made one purchase from them and while I do not think they are dishonest I would not deal with them again.

I agree that, in the absence of any other information, your order has gone astray and a follow up call by phone would probably resolve the issue.

I have found that purchasing from Landsharkz in Canada was a much more satisfying experience and cheaper.

Bronze

Post by Bronze » 16 July 07 6:57 pm

What's the matter TNF. Couldn't you find a way to claim it? :D

GIN51E
600 or more caches found
600 or more caches found

Post by GIN51E » 16 July 07 8:43 pm

i've ordered heaps from them in the past and happy to say i've never had a problem with them at all and always recieved my items before the week was out.

2dudez
1100 or more caches found
1100 or more caches found

Post by 2dudez » 16 July 07 8:53 pm

I have bought from Sphere a couple times in the past.
Have had no issues with the goods or service, but probably won't buy from them again.
Prices on items were more expensive even after taking into account the exchange rate.
I once bought 3 travel bugs and was charged the postage rate for 0-250grams, I was a bit peeved, especially when it doesn't cost $6 to post something that small.
They need a better rate for Bugs, stickers, patches etc that don't weigh much.
I'd like to support an Australian business, but their price they meant I just placed an order with an overseas supplier. I'd rather turn the $30 I saved, into petrol money and go and find some more caches.