From Newcastle to Taree ...

For all your general chit chat, caching or not.
Waterwells
300 or more found
300 or more found

From Newcastle to Taree ...

Post by Waterwells » 14 July 07 7:08 pm

We'll be travelling from Sydney to Taree next week ... and spending a couple of days in and around Taree and Old Bar.

We'll have travelling companions with us (non cachers!! :roll: ), but we're still hoping to find a cache or two! (Or three or four? :wink: :wink: )

Bearing in mind that we'll have 'muggles' with us, (who could easily get bored with "all this geocaching rubbish/stuff"!!!:cry: :? ), can anyone suggest some caches that are not too far off the Pacific Highway, between Newcastle and Taree? And also in and around Taree and the Old Bar area?

Thanks in advance ...

MrsMix

Post by MrsMix » 15 July 07 9:16 am

Hi Waterwells,

There are a few caches around the Forster area and it is well worth the detour off the Pacific Highway. Taree is about 1/2hr north of Forster. I am not into caching as much as Mix is, so I think the following caches your friends may enjoy. They contain a view (which is vital to me!).

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_de ... 5c0c80abf6

I am sure there is a quicker way to find these caches on GC. I might leave it up to Mix to find the links for the others. Mix, I am thinking of the cache that you know I was impressed with north of Forster and the one with the many seats south of Elim.

Hope that helps you Waterwells!

MrsMix

:) :)

Mr Router
1500 or more caches found
1500 or more caches found

Post by Mr Router » 15 July 07 9:27 am

Have you got a lappy ?? with Ozi ?? if so let me know ! I can help you with some detailed information for Ozi :wink: :wink: nudge nudge !

Mix
450 or more roots tripped over
450 or more roots tripped over

Post by Mix » 15 July 07 11:36 am

Waterwells
300 or more found
300 or more found

Post by Waterwells » 16 July 07 11:08 pm

Thanks heaps for the helpful info, Mrs Mix and Mr Mix. ... (the GPS batteries are recharging as I write! :) ) On looking at the weather bureau site, 'we're flying 'out of the cold', to a 'just as cold' .. maybe even a colder area??', tomorrow morning?? :roll:

Mr Router ... our lappy (with Ozi) is staying at home this trip! We'll be using our GPS'r and our geo-hunting-noses ... and that's all!! We'll also say nice/positive things, along with the 'not so nice', about any cache we find. However, thanks for the offer .. nudge, nudge! (said with tongue in Tassie cheek!! :wink: :lol: )