Geotalk feed subscription without iTunes?

For all your general chit chat, caching or not.
Team Falling Numerals

Geotalk feed subscription without iTunes?

Post by Team Falling Numerals » 01 July 07 6:27 pm

I have a question for those in the community who subscribe to the Geotalk feeds.

I have a new u'beaut MP3 player thing I thought that I should be able to subscribe to the Geotalk feeds without too much trouble. However it would appear to me (remember I am a beginner here) that the subscription links are for iTunes. My new toy is not an iToy so I don't want to use iTunes to manage my subcription feeds.

My question is....am I able to subscribe to the feed without using iTunes? If so what is the address of the feed subscription? I have managed to subscribe to podcacher but I would love to also have Geotalk to accompany me as I take my morning walk.

cheers

Jacinta
TFN

CraigRat
850 or more found!!!
850 or more found!!!
Twitter: CraigRat
Facebook: http://facebook.com/CraigRat

Post by CraigRat » 01 July 07 6:37 pm

You'll need some kind of Podcast Aggregator if you are not using iTunes.. Try some of the suggestions here (I don't use windows so I don't know whats available for it)

point it to: http://geotalk.libsyn.com/rss and it should work fine

Team Falling Numerals

Post by Team Falling Numerals » 01 July 07 6:59 pm

Oh thank you very much.

that worked for me. My MP3 player came with its own podcast organising software but for the life of me I couldn't work out the address that I needed to type in to make the subscription.

its working and downloading the lastest edition as I type.

cheers

J of TFN

tronador
6500 or more caches found

Post by tronador » 01 July 07 7:15 pm

Now could someone explain how to view the video without an itunes subscription or an ipod or i....anything. My computer doesn't recognise the extension, even though the previos videos opened up automatically in You Tube. ( And I didn't download You Tube)

The Spindoctors

Post by The Spindoctors » 07 July 07 3:48 pm

tronador

Post by tronador » 07 July 07 6:28 pm

Spindoc Bob wrote:Go to http://www.youtube.com/geotalk
thanks got it!

Damo.

Post by Damo. » 01 June 08 10:48 am

Pesky! wrote:
If you are just looking for Audio feeds and don't want all the bells and whistles ( bulk)of Itunes. then give Juicer a try. its a podcast aggregator that is easy to use.

and a whole heap of open source ( bloat free) alternate apps at:
What you talkin' 'bout Pesky. Surely you need a 60Mb program to play those complicated mp3 thingumajigs. And there must be a good reason for needing to update it frequently with another large download. :roll:

Papa Bear_Left
800 or more hollow logs searched
800 or more hollow logs searched

Post by Papa Bear_Left » 01 June 08 3:30 pm

Damo. wrote:What you talkin' 'bout Pesky. Surely you need a 60Mb program to play those complicated mp3 thingumajigs. And there must be a good reason for needing to update it frequently with another large download. :roll:
Yeah, but those little music library programs don't come with their own browser to download when they auto-update themselves!

Dik:
500 or more caches logged
500 or more caches logged

Post by Dik: » 26 July 08 1:03 pm

tronador wrote:Now could someone explain how to view the video without an itunes subscription or an ipod or i....anything. My computer doesn't recognise the extension, even though the previos videos opened up automatically in You Tube. ( And I didn't download You Tube)
Back in the bad old days before I lashed out an extortionate amount of money on broadband I had no way of playing geotalk video on a PC.
U-Tube doesn't work on dial up and I didn't have a codec to run the downloads on a PC.

Well, the other day a collegue pointed me to a video codec that he claimed would run "anything".

So I gave it the ultimate test of the Geotalk Video and it works. :!:

http://www.codecguide.com/download_mega.htm

Disclaimer: I worked for me. I take no responsibility for any web site you choose to visit or anything you choose to download.