Australia National Geocaching Team Tshirts

For all your general chit chat, caching or not.
traineediplomat
4000 or more? I'm officially obsessed.
4000 or more? I'm officially obsessed.

Australia National Geocaching Team Tshirts

Post by traineediplomat » 14 June 07 12:05 pm

No I don't have any,

I just think they would be a cool funny idea...

Imagine going to an event o/s with an "Australian Gold" tshirt with the words NATIONAL GEOCACHING TEAM - AUSTRALIA emblazoned on it.

Thoughts, comments, suggestions, criticisms, segways?

Bronze

Post by Bronze » 14 June 07 12:28 pm

I think it's a great idea.

Would be good to organise provided what ever was produced was of reasonable to good quality. I'm sick of wearing something one or twice and relegating it to a draw because it might rip or stain too easily. Just donated 4 garbage bags of crap shirts (and shorts) without even looking at them because they are cheap and nasty Taiwanese T's.

We recently bought 5 shirts each from a local retailer and had then embroidered with the work logo. 20 weeks of wearing later at 1 shirt a day washed on the weekends and they are faded, stretched and look very ordinary. So much for $30 a shirt hoping we might get something that lasts.

Personally I'd prefer either a quality jacket, especially if I was traveling over seas where it could be colder than here and my shirt would be covered up.

Anyhow, either way it unfolds I'm interested to watch the thread and see what unfolds.

Knot_gillty
100 or more tracks walked
100 or more tracks walked

Post by Knot_gillty » 14 June 07 1:10 pm

I think its an awesome idea too. As long as we all agreed (majority) what was written on the shirts/jackets it would be fantastic.
Would be good to organise provided what ever was produced was of reasonable to good quality. I'm sick of wearing something one or twice and relegating it to a draw because it might rip or stain too easily.
Totally agree with Bronze here. Must be good quality because i am sick of the missus shrinking my shirts in the wash (yes, the shirts are shrinking, not me getting bigger!) or turning my white shirts a lovely shade of pink. :oops:

How about shirts AND jackets.

Aushiker
350 ? I am the lizard queen
Twitter: Aushiker

Post by Aushiker » 14 June 07 5:57 pm

G'day

There are Geocaching Australia shirts etc available at cost from Cafe Press.

Regards
Andrew

Spruce Mooses
1000 or more caches found
1000 or more caches found

Post by Spruce Mooses » 14 June 07 7:01 pm

or my own version for something diiferent - Geocaching Down Under

http://www.cafepress.com/cachingaus

i tried to check and it looks like cafepress is down at the moment, but try later on.

Aushiker

Post by Aushiker » 14 June 07 7:13 pm

Yep, down according to http://www.cafepress.com/

Andrew

MrsMix

Post by MrsMix » 14 June 07 7:56 pm

Totally agree with Bronze here. Must be good quality because i am sick of the missus shrinking my shirts in the wash (yes, the shirts are shrinking, not me getting bigger!) or turning my white shirts a lovely shade of pink. icon_redface.gif
1. Load clothes into washing machine
2. Add powder
3. Select Water Temperature and Load Size
4. Turn knob to desired setting
5. Start

:lol:

unbreakables
1 or more caches found
1 or more caches found

Post by unbreakables » 14 June 07 8:12 pm

MrsMix wrote:
1. Load clothes into washing machine
2. Add powder
3. Select Water Temperature and Load Size
4. Turn knob to desired setting
5. Start

:lol:
Will beer come out the tap when it is finished??? :lol: :lol:

Aushiker

Post by Aushiker » 14 June 07 9:14 pm

G'day

The Geocaching Australia gear on CafePress can be found at http://www.cafepress.com/aulogostuff As I understand it is sold at cost so no one (other than CafePress) is making money off you promoting GCA.

Regards
Andrew

Team Falling Numerals

Post by Team Falling Numerals » 15 June 07 9:07 am

Aushiker wrote:G'day

The Geocaching Australia gear on CafePress can be found at http://www.cafepress.com/aulogostuff As I understand it is sold at cost so no one (other than CafePress) is making money off you promoting GCA.

Regards
Andrew
Has anyone ever purchased anything from Cafepress? I am interested in what quality of Tshirts etc.

I agree with those above who have suggested paying more for a better quality shirt. We don't use jackets very much up here in the tropics so a jacket or sweater for us would not be a desirable purchase. A long sleeve T-shirt would be good - (we do get some cold days) :shock:

As an aside - we recently purchased some Tshirts from Threadless.com for our Random Numeral and he reports that the quality of the t-shirts are very good. The cost in AUD was very good if you by a few shirts - all up we averaged AUD$24 per shirt delivered on the last batch.

Aushiker

Post by Aushiker » 15 June 07 10:38 am

Team Falling Numerals wrote:Has anyone ever purchased anything from Cafepress? I am interested in what quality of Tshirts etc.
I am still wearing my golf shirts and t-shirts I brought over a year ago and I am hard on my clothes. Wear them a lot.

Have found their service really great. When I last placed an order they sent a wrong size. Contacted them, within 24 hours I had a response ... keep the shirt and a correct size one is on the way. No questions asked.

I believe another WA cacher is hanging out in the incorrectly sized shirt for me.

The t-shirts are Hanes I think.

Regards
Andrew

Dvixen
750 or more caches found
750 or more caches found
Twitter: Dvixen, Geowhat

Post by Dvixen » 15 June 07 11:59 am

Team Falling Numerals wrote:Has anyone ever purchased anything from Cafepress? I am interested in what quality of Tshirts etc.
I have two shirts from CafePress, both over two years old. (One is four years I believe) Both are in fabulous condition - I never throw anything in the dryer and I only wash in cold water.

Of course, it also depends on which shirt was chosen by the store designer, one of the two whirts is wearing a bit quicker than the other, due to it's make. Oddly, it's the newer one that is wearing faster than the older one...

Gunn Parker
400 or more spectacular views seen
400 or more spectacular views seen

Post by Gunn Parker » 15 June 07 12:09 pm

Aushiker wrote:
I believe another WA cacher is hanging out in the incorrectly sized shirt for me.

Regards
Andrew
Yes he is :)

MrsMix

Post by MrsMix » 15 June 07 2:10 pm

Will beer come out the tap when it is finished???
Only if YOU do the load yourself :wink:

unbreakables
1 or more caches found
1 or more caches found

Post by unbreakables » 15 June 07 3:08 pm

MrsMix wrote:
Will beer come out the tap when it is finished???
Only if YOU do the load yourself :wink:
just got back up from the laundry, I lost it after open the door & shove the clothes in, no beer appeared! :lol: :lol: