Attributes

For all your general chit chat, caching or not.
baffledharveys

Attributes

Post by baffledharveys » 27 May 07 4:05 pm

Hi

Just wanted to make a little request for those who will be listing caches in the future - could you please toss in a few attributes on your listing? I love to take my dog geocaching and he has actually found a cache before we did, but if "dogs allowed" isn't listed, I leave him at home. It's a bit disappointing to get to the site and find he could have come along for a walk.

Mrs Baffled Harvey (the less baffled of all of us!)

Bronze

Post by Bronze » 27 May 07 5:24 pm

Ok. No probs. Easy done.

baffledharveys

Post by baffledharveys » 27 May 07 7:10 pm

Thanks, Bronze...

Bronze

Post by Bronze » 27 May 07 7:58 pm

Well your quite welcome.

It's been a pleasure. :D

Grank

Post by Grank » 27 May 07 9:20 pm

This can be a tricky one. I too like taking along the little pal but the "dogs allowed" areas in my area can be technically challanging to interpret.

At location X there is designated area for dogs on leashes, dogs off leashes and dogs probibited. At location Y the same signs appear. Only by going to the local council web site and looking up the particular location can you determine that the rules apply but ONLY dogs are allowed under those rules before 09:00 and after 18:00, or at another location 24 hours a day ... and it varies from site to site.

With fines well over $100 it may pay to do some homework. What I do now is when I have gone to the location and find it is worth visiting againwith the dog, I return.

unbreakables
1 or more caches found
1 or more caches found

Post by unbreakables » 28 May 07 8:23 pm

we too take the goe mutt with us at times, around here most places are pooch friendly.

Smelly Boot
1400 or more caches found
1400 or more caches found

Post by Smelly Boot » 31 May 07 4:02 am

We take our geopuppies on almost every geo adventure we embark upon. If it is in an area where puppies are not allowed then we get in and out quick without letting them out of the ute. There have been a few times we have been questioned, but we explain that they are not getting out of the vehicle and it's all ok.
They love getting and about with us and we feel really bad when we have to leave them at home.