OT: Any students in the audience tonight?

For all your general chit chat, caching or not.
Aushiker
350 ? I am the lizard queen
350 ? I am the lizard queen
Twitter: Aushiker

Post by Aushiker » 01 June 07 11:39 am

Team Falling Numerals wrote: ... to remind me that the academic world has changed a lot since I was an undergraduate. :(
That I reckon is the under statement of the year :-)

And oh sorry Bronze .... I love cheering up my students about the pain to come ... just got carried away over here :-)

Regards
Andrew

stanley
2800 or more caches found
2800 or more caches found

Post by stanley » 01 June 07 12:00 pm

Yes I was wondering why anybody would hanker for the academic life!! When I started the workload was manageable and the pay was good.
Now the workload is out of sight and overloaded with administration. I could get paid more in occupational therapy practice and go home at the end of the day and not think about work until the next morning instead of taking home work every night and weekend.
So why do we do it? Well fortunately the students are great, it is intellectually very challenging and stimulating and the research is fun. 8)
Mandy

Bronze

Post by Bronze » 01 June 07 12:12 pm

stanley wrote:Yes I was wondering why anybody would hanker for the academic life!! When I started the workload was manageable and the pay was good.
Now the workload is out of sight and overloaded with administration. I could get paid more in occupational therapy practice and go home at the end of the day and not think about work until the next morning instead of taking home work every night and weekend.
So why do we do it? Well fortunately the students are great, it is intellectually very challenging and stimulating and the research is fun. 8)
Mandy
I hear ya.

The admin, work going home and weekends bit is ringing in my ears and I'm yelling -

Uh huh, I hear ya.

RaindancerAU

Post by RaindancerAU » 12 June 07 2:19 pm

Final (third ..... ish) year Information Systems student @ Macquarie Uni here.

And I get into geocaching during an exam week ......