About as OT as you can get . . .

For all your general chit chat, caching or not.
MrsMix

Post by MrsMix » 01 May 07 6:59 pm

And what about Mars Midnight bars? (covered with dark instead of milk chocolate.)
Yep, same as Zactyl. I spotted the 'dark' ones in Woolworths the other day here in NSW.
They'd go nicely with a cup of tea after sex in a VW...
Oh yuck Zactyl.... The images that brings up of Bronze..... shudder shudder :lol: :P

On another OT note, does everyone know that Toobs are back in the stores?

diesel69
250 or more caches found
250 or more caches found

Post by diesel69 » 01 May 07 7:01 pm

Team Wibble wrote:Arnotts Bush Biscuits are in abundance in SA.
And right now at Woolworths they are a whopping 29c a packet -
My local WW's have them at 29c also, as a clearance line, which indicates to me that they have stopped making them and are getting rid of current stocks as quick as they can :evil: .

Horus wrote:On the off topic of Farmer's Union Iced Coffee Urban myths - I hear you can get Farmers Union Iced Coffee in Strong and Lite versions in SA - the Lite version I don't care too much about, but what's the strong stuff taste like?? Any Farmer's Union Iced Coffee fans got an opinion on it??
Gotta love the Strong :D :D , its a bit like the difference between a weak coffee :( ( 1 t/spoon) and a good coffee :D :D (2 t/spoon)

Udderchaos
400 or more spectacular views seen
400 or more spectacular views seen

Post by Udderchaos » 01 May 07 7:15 pm

ahh FUIC & toobs, now thats a match made in heaven :D

Rabbitto
4000 or more? I'm officially obsessed.

Post by Rabbitto » 01 May 07 7:37 pm

Bear_Left wrote:Why have Arnott's never exported TimTams to their US operation?

The Yanks who've tried them pay exorbitant amounts for them at Aussie import shops when they get home, because they can't live without them once they've become addicted. (Addiction follows just one "coffee straw" experience...)
<p>Speaking with great authority as someone who worked at Arnott's for over six years...

<p>"The high management of Arrnott's wouldn't know a good idea if it popped out of their p-u-tube and danced the macarana"

Cached
2500 or more caches found

Post by Cached » 01 May 07 7:55 pm

My kids love Bush Biscuits. I'd be surprised if they're taking them off the market already - they seem to be very popular.

swampgecko
It's all in how you get there....

Post by swampgecko » 01 May 07 8:06 pm

I have never heard of bush buscuits... can someone describe them in greater detail please?

And yes Mrs MIx, gotta the fact that "Toobs" are again on the shelves, they sell out of the chip machine at work on a regular basis.

Gotta love Farmers Union Iced Coffee, that is the only Iced coffee to have, I have seen a couple of servo's in NT where there were two fridges for the flavoured milk, and one was just for the FUIC....

And as for Bronze and sex.... I aint going there..... Not even with Mix's appendage......

MrsMix

Post by MrsMix » 01 May 07 8:20 pm

And yes Mrs MIx, gotta the fact that "Toobs" are again on the shelves, they sell out of the chip machine at work on a regular basis.
You should see me if I arrive at the shelf at Woolies and there are none there :lol: I seriously eat around 8 packets of these a fortnight at least :oops: When I had Micro-Mix back in January, Mix couldn't turn up to my hospital room without a packet from the vending machine on the way :lol:

diesel69
250 or more caches found
250 or more caches found

Post by diesel69 » 01 May 07 8:36 pm

swampgecko wrote:I have never heard of bush buscuits... can someone describe them in greater detail please?
Bush bicuits are BIG approx 115mm x 75mm x 6mm and come in packs of 4. Taste similar to Arnotts milk coffee biscuits.

And according to the packet I have in front of me are made in PNG :shock: :shock:
Last edited by diesel69 on 01 May 07 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Horus
Totally Clueless(tm)

Post by Horus » 01 May 07 8:39 pm

swampgecko wrote:I have never heard of bush buscuits... can someone describe them in greater detail please?
They are basically a Large Milk Coffee biscuit, I can't tell you exactly how big because I don't have any at hand :( But needless to say you need a bloody big mug if you want to dunk :-P

Cached

Post by Cached » 01 May 07 10:02 pm

I think of them as a large, rectangular milk arrowroot.

Rabbitto

Post by Rabbitto » 01 May 07 10:47 pm

swampgecko

Post by swampgecko » 01 May 07 10:58 pm

Thanks all, looks like I may need a need to find a sample pack somewhere...

Papa Bear_Left
800 or more hollow logs searched
800 or more hollow logs searched

Post by Papa Bear_Left » 02 May 07 2:09 am

Speaking of Iced Coffee, has anyone ever seen a decaf version anywhere?

I gave up caffeinated coffee, but I like my IC (I miss FUIC, but a couple of the local Perth brands are drinkable) and have to get the caffeine with it.

Seems like an obvious market discriminator to me...

belken

Post by belken » 02 May 07 10:43 am

The Aussie bush biscuits are a main staple for some trekkers on the Kokoda trail. We had them for lunch every day with a slice of bully beef. The factory is in Port Moresby and they also have a smaller overcooked version of the coconut rough called coconut Kina or holey Kina or something.

I was suprised at the Aussie bush biscuit title as I had never seen them. They also had a beef flavour. Very strong and salty. If you dissovled them in hot water they tasted like Bonox.

Bunya

Post by Bunya » 02 May 07 12:26 pm

belken wrote:The Aussie bush biscuits are a main staple for some trekkers on the Kokoda trail.
Thanks Belken for getting us back On Topic (staples)! :wink:

I mean when I started an Off Topic thread I didn't realise this would be taken as an open invitation to write about absolutely anything.

But hey, it's been such fun I might do it again. :)