River Deep Mountain High - Game Thread

For all your general chit chat, caching or not.
Cached
2500 or more caches found
2500 or more caches found

Post by Cached » 06 May 07 9:20 pm

And I'll cop to the error where I approved it in error.

My apologies.

THENANKS
1550 or more caches found

Post by THENANKS » 06 May 07 9:32 pm

Cached wrote:And I'll cop to the error where I approved it in error.

My apologies.
Hey Cached( Sam) , I have no issues with you guys. You are putting in your time and effort for us to go out , enjoy ourselves and tackle some of the harder caches. It is a stack of fun.
What I don't get is why someone would go to such lengths to be spiteful. Anyway I am having fun and I'm gonna kick his Canadian arse(and Mrs N is going to kick him where Peter suggested).Yes, I am still putting in the last few nails of the"bridge" I am building.
That's it from me on the matter. Cheers Mr Nanks

fehrgo
200 or more found
200 or more found

Post by fehrgo » 06 May 07 10:17 pm

Sorry, I wasn't meaning to be spiteful - I was planning a trip up to do those same caches until it was mentioned to me by another cacher that they were not eligible. All I intended was a light hearted tease. I can guess how much it must bug you.

5commer3
300 or more found
300 or more found

Post by 5commer3 » 06 May 07 11:07 pm

this may be a stupid question, :oops: but I have been looking at the ladder for this comp and don't understand how some players/teams have more than 12 points average for their finds, my understanding is if I find a cache with a dificulty of 5 and a terrain of 5 the most I can get is 12 points, am I correct in this assumption or should I just change our caching/user name to 5confused3, :roll:

THENANKS

Post by THENANKS » 06 May 07 11:12 pm

You MULTIPLY them together to get the product and then add the bonus points. So 5 x 5 (+2) = 27
Last edited by THENANKS on 06 May 07 11:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

5commer3
300 or more found
300 or more found

Post by 5commer3 » 06 May 07 11:25 pm

:oops: Thanks for that, for the life of me I couldn't work it out, I didn't see the * between (Difficulty * Terrain) Ill just go and hide somewhere now, :wink:

THENANKS

Post by THENANKS » 07 May 07 12:08 am

fehrgo wrote:Sorry, I wasn't meaning to be spiteful - I was planning a trip up to do those same caches until it was mentioned to me by another cacher that they were not eligible. All I intended was a light hearted tease. I can guess how much it must bug you.
:twisted: :evil: :x :? :idea: :shock: :wink: :o :lol: :) :D PM sent.

diesel69
250 or more caches found
250 or more caches found

Post by diesel69 » 07 May 07 12:07 pm

Clarrification request re:

22: Make a new Mate - Find - 2 Points + (Difficulty * Terrain)
Log any physical cache with a fellow geocacher you have never cached with before to claim this requirement. A fellow geocacher is someone who has a registered geocaching identity either on geocaching.com or Geocaching Australia and that identity was registered prior to the commencement of the game. Your logs must indicate that you were caching with your new mate and both of your logs must be entered on the same day on the same cache.Your new mate must be someone you have never been on a planned geocache hunt with before. If you have met someone co-incidentally at a cache location in the past, they are still eligible to be your new mate. If you have only ever met your new mate at a geocaching event, they are eligible to be your new mate, but you cannot claim a cache that you both find on the day of an event. If you have previously been to an event and you found another cache on the same day, they are still eligible to be your new mate. Neither of you can have previously found the cache before.

Firstly does this mean that both logs must be submitted on the same day or that they must show the same date for the found date?

Secondly my mate isn't exactly new to me , but new to caching, and this is the first cache we have both been searching for together, I have previously been with him (when he started) and he was searching for caches I had already found , am I still able to claim him as a new mate for this requirement?

caughtatwork

Post by caughtatwork » 07 May 07 12:48 pm

diesel69 wrote:Firstly does this mean that both logs must be submitted on the same day or that they must show the same date for the found date?
By the time you submit your claim for the game, the administrators need to see both logs on the listing site.

So if you both found it on Sunday, you log it on Sunday, you claim it on Sunday but your mate only logs it on Tuesday, then today if I went to look I wouldn't see their log and your claim would be disallowed.

If both of your logs are there for the same day by the time the administrators check your claim, then you're good to go.
diesel69 wrote:Secondly my mate isn't exactly new to me , but new to caching, and this is the first cache we have both been searching for together, I have previously been with him (when he started) and he was searching for caches I had already found , am I still able to claim him as a new mate for this requirement?
I understand what you're saying. You have never previosly been caching where you were both searching. ie. You were with him when HE was searching but you were just along for the ride.

Hmmmmmm. I'll get back to you on this one as the reasoning behind the making a new mate was to get you to hook up with someone you'd never been out with before. Let me check with my fellow admins.

caughtatwork

Post by caughtatwork » 07 May 07 1:25 pm

Okey dokey, here's the dealybob.

http://geocaching.com.au/search/?m=diesel69

If he's on that list we will check the dates and logs where you both ended up at a cache on the same day. Anything suspicious and we'll check with you.
If he's not on the list you're good to go without any worries.

eg. http://geocaching.com.au/search/?m=caughtatwork

I've only ever gone organised caching with GabGab, Uncle Jiffy, The Mini Mob and Blaze_au, but apparently I've been at the same cache on the same day as dozens of others, even excluding events.

So when I submit my cache with a new mate requirement, my mate and I are checked on that list and anything that looks like we were at the same cache on the same day (excluding events, as per the requirement), then we explain what we were doing. If it's co-incidental, we're good to go.

Does that clear anything up? I hope so.

diesel69
250 or more caches found
250 or more caches found

Post by diesel69 » 07 May 07 1:54 pm

caughtatwork wrote:Okey dokey, here's the dealybob.

http://geocaching.com.au/search/?m=diesel69

If he's on that list we will check the dates and logs where you both ended up at a cache on the same day. Anything suspicious and we'll check with you.
If he's not on the list you're good to go without any worries.
Ok , he's on that list but only for an event (at this stage), but as we were staying near another cache on the weekend that we both did (me in the morning before we went to find one together and him in the evening after our joint find) on the same day will that affect it ?

caughtatwork

Post by caughtatwork » 07 May 07 1:57 pm

Nope. Events are excluded.

diesel69
250 or more caches found
250 or more caches found

Post by diesel69 » 07 May 07 2:40 pm

caughtatwork wrote:Nope. Events are excluded.
:D :D :D :D

5commer3
300 or more found
300 or more found

Post by 5commer3 » 08 May 07 2:43 pm

Just so I know I am looking in the right place, am I right in assuming that any additional requirements will be added to the already list of requirements on caching games site :roll:

caughtatwork

Post by caughtatwork » 08 May 07 3:07 pm

When they come up, yep, they will be 31 onwards.