River Deep Mountain High - Game Thread

For all your general chit chat, caching or not.
'scargoes

Making our RDMH finds available, what do you think?

Post by 'scargoes » 30 June 07 5:23 pm

After the game has finished of course but may give a lot of ideas of new / novel cache to go try, just a list the log detail can be left out but it would be very interesting...

Facitman
1400 or more caches found
1400 or more caches found

Post by Facitman » 30 June 07 6:21 pm

Once the game has finished the team names on the ladder will become links and anyone will be able to see which caches were claimed for which requirement.

atlmum
250 or more caches found
250 or more caches found

Post by atlmum » 30 June 07 6:35 pm

We have completed our last requirement for the game. Oh what a feeling!! We have thoroughly enjoy the competition from planing to finding the more difficult caches we would not normally attempt. Thanks to the administrators for a well thought out game and all the hard work you have put into it. We are looking forward to the next game. :D :D

'scargoes

Post by 'scargoes » 30 June 07 7:18 pm

Facitman wrote:Once the game has finished the team names on the ladder will become links and anyone will be able to see which caches were claimed for which requirement.
:) Cool and thanks to everyone behind the game. Cheers 'scargoes :)

THENANKS
1550 or more caches found

Post by THENANKS » 30 June 07 11:15 pm

THENANKS did a GCA cache today and we wish to use it for RDMH but we can't log it because the site is down! :( :( :( :( I hope the administrators will understand :shock: PLEASE!

caughtatwork

Post by caughtatwork » 30 June 07 11:22 pm

THENANKS wrote:THENANKS did a GCA cache today and we wish to use it for RDMH but we can't log it because the site is down! :( :( :( :( I hope the administrators will understand :shock: PLEASE!
Log it at the games site before the game ends and I'll keep an eye on it.

Rogue
7500 or more caches found
7500 or more caches found
Twitter: steffvan

Post by Rogue » 01 July 07 1:00 am

Finished!! :lol:
Thanks so much to the organisers of this game. It's been well thought out and very interesting.

wombles
250 or more caches found
250 or more caches found

Post by wombles » 01 July 07 1:03 am

Well done Qld cachers! :D

Thanks to the organisers, had lots of fun doing the caches for this game!

THENANKS

Post by THENANKS » 01 July 07 1:08 am

In my younger days I would be out till early morning but nowdays I go out caching to get as many different possible points for RDMH. Sad but what a hoot. The end was like an Ebay auction and trying to keep an eye on Rogue, Zytheran , TNLNSL was full on. I had a ball and like everyone involved in the game has said, you guys should be applauded for your efforts and dedication for others to have fun. Thanks again. The Nanks :D
Last edited by THENANKS on 01 July 07 1:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

wombles
250 or more caches found
250 or more caches found

Post by wombles » 01 July 07 1:10 am

For a few seconds there I was 25th!

Glad Just a trifle logged their finds, I was starting to wonder if they were still wandering around on the mountain!

Zytheran
2000 or more caches found
2000 or more caches found

Post by Zytheran » 01 July 07 1:16 am

Thanks to the organisers, what a great time and reason for doing some of the more challenging caches.
Last edited by Zytheran on 01 July 07 1:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

THENANKS

Post by THENANKS » 01 July 07 1:22 am

I forgot to say well done to the winners of the event and all of the high achievers. From my point of view ,I know Andy from Cooroy Scouts has put so much time into getting people up mountains. He has helped many people achieve things that they normally wouldn't attempt. A great bloke as well. He would be invincible if he could use a PDA and computer. Cheers The Nanks

TNLNSL

Wild finish for the lower placings

Post by TNLNSL » 01 July 07 2:09 am

It's over! Why did this remind me of an ebay auction? :shock: I waited as long as I could--last log with a minute to go! I originally thought I could play for several lower positions but with many people moving up to 20 finds in the closing hours the options kept disappearing. Had I played it differently... :wink:

Thanks everyone for the game and a BIG THANKS to the organizers. Extremely well run and a lot of fun! :D :D :D

When people cach their breath I'd love to hear stories of some memorable cache hunts. My favorite was a challenging 7-cache series in the high desert near home in Central Oregon that I did over 3 days (search geocaching.com for "Skeleton Series"). The spring weather was perfect and the walks beautiful. The contest provided me with the motivation to get out and tackle them.

forthferalz
100 or more tracks walked
100 or more tracks walked

Post by forthferalz » 01 July 07 2:20 am

Congrats to the Winners and to those who went out of their comfort zone - waaay out of the comfort zone judging from some of the logs!
(to answer Zytherin I think the other big diffference between this RDMH and the other site is that their families get a hefty payout if they don't come back intact from the game! ) Feralz stayed warm and safe much to disgust of HIQ feral who said "where's the glory in playing for the wooden spoon?"!! I did rope him onto planning strategy and we enjoyed dicing for that last globe holding until a few hours ago and trying to guess whether to play our hidden cards was interesting :)
Anyway but ahem yes to answer a question as we are not really playing for a prize I was easily distracted - that and the price of petrol! and the fact some of the caches i needed were WET<p>
I was pretty confident that the top spot would have to go to USA /QLD as their hard rated caches seem to abound. ( weather on the NW of Tassie has actually been very nice but the peaks are icy and slippery so they are a no go especially on my own. )
so we enjoyed the strategy aspect instead.<p>
Also I have the pleasure of announcing:<p>
1. three extra random draws for unavailable unbling BRONZE coins ( these are untrackable ) to include our hardworking admin and their families -
for those who finished, for those who didn't, and a last draw limited to those who hid a GIANT cache ( winners excluded from each draw).

Derringer
2500 or more caches found
2500 or more caches found

Post by Derringer » 01 July 07 8:02 am

It would have been nice to see more than 1 Vic cacher in the top 30!!!!

Perhaps the spirit of co-operation and competition is sadly lacking in this state :( :( :(

Kevin