Music to cache by?

For all your general chit chat, caching or not.
Dvixen
750 or more caches found
750 or more caches found
Twitter: Dvixen, Geowhat

Music to cache by?

Post by Dvixen » 24 April 07 7:20 am

Well, I'm getting bored of my current music selection - and I am looking for new music. What does everyone listen to when they are travelling/walking, if anything?

In most parks I ditch the music, nature can be so nice to listen to - especially when near waterfalls... But in suburbia/urban areas - I only shut the music off when I reach GZ, so I can hear muggles coming. ;) And then there are the long weekend drives that music is a neccessity - reception for radio can really bite in the foothills and mountains.

Adding the new Arcade Fire (from Montreal, Canada) album to my playlist, I enjoyed their first one - Funeral - a fair bit.

Suggest me!

Spruce Mooses
1000 or more caches found
1000 or more caches found

Post by Spruce Mooses » 24 April 07 11:00 am

I'm currently revisiting the Lemonheads, but also like a bit of Michael Franti or Ozomatli (you'll be dancing all the way to GZ)
If you're looking for something new and different, try and get your hands on a CD from Serena Ryder (Folk singer from Canada) or Farryl Purkiss (rootsy artist from South Africa)
My Other favourites at the moment are Josh Pyke or the JJJ Hottest 100

Team Falling Numerals

Post by Team Falling Numerals » 24 April 07 12:39 pm

Sigh. :roll:

I am not allowed to listen to my preferred music when we are out caching. Banjos and fiddles feature too often! :twisted:

That's the problem when you grow up in the sticks. :lol: :lol: :lol:

setsujoku
3500 or more caches found
3500 or more caches found
Twitter: BGNWP

Post by setsujoku » 24 April 07 12:52 pm

You could try spindoc bobs frequent caching podcasts.
Or you could even try listening to Astro's actual pod cache, but that might not make too much sense if your not making your way towards GZ for that cache :D

Grank

Post by Grank » 24 April 07 1:36 pm

At the Upper Hunter Event, once I finaly got out of range of my local home radio stations, I found that I could not iniatite "station search" by just blindly bushing buttons as I drove along - the solution was finding a lone CD in the door pocket and shoving it in to find that it was one of my sons.

After listening to this lone CD all weekend (until I once again entered the realm of 2GO and NEW FM) I achived a far geater appreciation of "TOOL" than previously expected :lol:

zactyl

Post by zactyl » 24 April 07 2:43 pm

You need to check out Pandora Internet Radio.
Tell it your favourite songs/artists, it'll create a playlist of other songs and artists you might like. Should get some good ideas from that! :o

Bronze

Post by Bronze » 24 April 07 6:10 pm

I love Pandora.

I have discovered so much 'New' music in the way of artists from there it's excellent.

This http://www.musicovery.com/ is an amazing site too. After a while the selection becomes limited but if you like styles over eras or just love flash then you will like this site.

My suggestion for on the road is Xavier Rudd. Very Australian, Folk / Rock and is literally a one man band. Plays guitar, drums, didge and cymbal / cow bell / synth all together into a very trance, groovy kinda blend. Gets a bit thin after a while though. Also love John Mayer, Jack Johnson, The Wallflowers , The Police and Tracy Chapman.

Hope this stirs some memories.

Mix
450 or more roots tripped over
450 or more roots tripped over

Post by Mix » 24 April 07 6:11 pm

I just listen to my 'mix' tape...
<br>
<br>
<br><br>
ImageShack for Free Image Hosting

Bronze

Post by Bronze » 24 April 07 6:13 pm

What is that thing?

CraigRat
850 or more found!!!
850 or more found!!!
Twitter: CraigRat
Facebook: http://facebook.com/CraigRat

Post by CraigRat » 24 April 07 6:37 pm

On topic, I mainly listen to podcasts (caching and non caching related) when traveling in the car nowdays.

McPhan
10000 or more caches found
10000 or more caches found

Post by McPhan » 24 April 07 6:46 pm

Team Falling Numerals wrote:Sigh. :roll:

Banjos and fiddles feature too often! :twisted:
I went through a town while caching on the weekend that my son and I looked at each other and started doing the banjo bit from Deliverance. But I guess that's another issue. :lol:

Rabbitto
4000 or more? I'm officially obsessed.
4000 or more? I'm officially obsessed.

Post by Rabbitto » 24 April 07 7:03 pm

Here's an old hit from 2005...

Click me, click me...

Bronze

Post by Bronze » 24 April 07 7:13 pm

I knew there was a similar thread but couldn't remember the title.

Here's a couple of favorites to run in the CD player when you have muggles nearby. Soon clears them out.

Click me too

Click me as well

Mr Router
1500 or more caches found
1500 or more caches found

Post by Mr Router » 24 April 07 7:39 pm

CraigRat wrote:Image

On topic, I mainly listen to podcasts (caching and non caching related) when traveling in the car nowdays.
So cool 8)

Knot_gillty
100 or more tracks walked
100 or more tracks walked

Post by Knot_gillty » 24 April 07 10:55 pm

Bronze wrote: My suggestion for on the road is Xavier Rudd. Very Australian, Folk / Rock and is literally a one man band. Plays guitar, drums, didge and cymbal / cow bell / synth all together into a very trance, groovy kinda blend. .
Gotta agree with Bronze on this one. Got his CD "GOOD SPIRIT" for x-mas and have hardly stopped listening to it. Also, can't go past COLD CHISEL and JIMMY BARNES, PETE MURRAY, JACK JOHNSON and good old JANIS JOPLIN. Love how she sings (screams, screeches.). My wife put on KYLIE MINOGUE once, she doesn't come often now!! :twisted: