Find to Hide Ratio

For all your general chit chat, caching or not.

What is your opinion of hide to find ratios?

You shouldn't feel obliged to hide any.
62%
1 hide per 100 finds.
8%
1 hide per 50 finds.
8%
1 hide per 25 finds.
6%
1 hide per 10 finds.
5%
Hide as many as you can.
11%

Total votes: 100

glyn(the only one)
300 or more found
300 or more found

Hiding caches

Post by glyn(the only one) » 19 May 07 1:21 pm

Im from Auckland NZ where our history of caches around us is about 400,which given the no. of parks,walks,islands,etc we have only just started.
My ratio of hides is high compared to some of the logs Im reading here, but I enjoy placing,the whole aspect of planning,being creative,taking people to somewhere nice or different, way more than finding caches.
I specialize in camo & get really good comments most of the time ,which is the reward for me. The day I get negative posts I will tone down my hide rate , for now, all I see is encouragement,so Im running with that ( check my logs out sometime)---Glyn
BTW--finds-158
--hides-55

Damo.

Re: Hiding caches

Post by Damo. » 19 May 07 1:53 pm

glyn(the only one) wrote:--finds-158
--hides-55
Wow! And in only 9 months. Stirling effort that! :shock:

Can glyn or anyone tell me where the New Zealand custom of putting the (placename) in the cache name came from? Just curious.

glyn(the only one)
300 or more found
300 or more found

hides

Post by glyn(the only one) » 19 May 07 2:07 pm

Nah,sorry wasnt even aware of it,but then, Im just new (Zealand ) :lol:

Mr Walker
150 or more caches found
150 or more caches found

Post by Mr Walker » 25 May 07 3:48 pm

I was "lucky" to begin caching in a rural area three years ago, where there were about 3 caches within a few thousand square kilometres. Since then I have only managed to find about 150 caches, because of their scarcity and the travel/distances required, but I have placed close to 40, and my conscious philosophy is to place one for every four i find. I have been lucky to have had a wide choice and range of locations. In the last year, quite a number of local groups have started up, and the competition for good spots is increasing. However, this also gives me access to more caches. There are many social benefits, both online and personally, which have helped maintain my interest in caching, but there is still nothing like the thrill of finding a challenging or well placed cache; or even being drawn to a local spot which you would never have discovered without caching. Unless, of course, it is doing the same for others, through the creation and placement of a new cache.