On the topic of Geowives....

For all your general chit chat, caching or not.
president & 1st lady
1250 or more geocaches found

Post by president & 1st lady » 07 April 07 11:44 am

Spruce Mooses wrote:I find that while A comes up with lots of great ideas, it takes a long long long time for him to get moving on them.
This is true of the Presidential team as well. We have hidden a few but most are mine. The Prez hid a really nice cache for his mother 18 months ago, he drives past it every day on his way to work. Would you believe after all the time he spent thinking about the cache, he hasn't listed it yet? :roll:

Like TRD, I'm chief navigator, but I also jump in boots and all to find a cache. I don't mind climbing hills, getting dirty or camping for a caching experience. If its climbing trees, it's me!! :lol:

As for forums, the Prez leaves that for me. :D

1st lady

Geof
450 or more roots tripped over

Post by Geof » 07 April 07 9:32 pm

1st lady wrote:If its climbing trees, it's me!!
Seems to be the same for Team Kittens. And after spending a day in bed crook even :shock: :shock:

Thats a zoom lense I'd say.

listmaker
700 or more Caches found
700 or more Caches  found

Post by listmaker » 07 April 07 11:40 pm

It's me who's the GC/GCA member - the reluctant spouse limits his involvement to driving, reaching things I can't, asking which way "the arrow" is pointing and his particular favorite, bashing at things with a stick. :lol:

He probably comes caching with me a third of the time.

wombles
250 or more caches found
250 or more caches found

Post by wombles » 08 April 07 1:17 am

We went caching today, all 6 of us (4 very reluctantly!) and I mentioned that I want to do the 5 caches up at Mt cootha in Brisbane, we have done the walking tracks there before but pre-geocaching. After much groaning hubby said that I can't do them alone, too dangerous etc etc, so now we are all going to go :D Again much to the disgust of 2 of the kids who detest walking :lol:

But I know I'm happy! :D

MrsMix

Post by MrsMix » 08 April 07 8:50 am

Great to hear from you all! I'm amazed to find so many Geowives, especially ones who are more into it than their husband/partner, lol :lol:

Love the idea of the chopping board and the stable table. Will have to try them. Thanks! :D

president & 1st lady

Post by president & 1st lady » 08 April 07 1:29 pm

Geof wrote:
1st lady wrote:If its climbing trees, it's me!!
Seems to be the same for Team Kittens. And after spending a day in bed crook even :shock: :shock:

Thats a zoom lense I'd say.
I didn't climb that tree. :oops: I had issues trusting the branches. We dnf'ed :oops: :oops:

1st lady

edit: now that I look closer at the cache, I don't think it's the one I'm thinking of but the tree is very similar.

Geof

Post by Geof » 09 April 07 1:04 pm

1st lady wrote:I didn't climb that tree. I had issues trusting the branches. We dnf'ed

1st lady

edit: now that I look closer at the cache, I don't think it's the one I'm thinking of but the tree is very similar.
Your not the only one. I'd rate this one a level 5.
For some idea.....

Postman Pat
100 or more tracks walked

Post by Postman Pat » 09 April 07 6:33 pm

I had problems with my laptop overheating so I bought a laptop cooling base which is powered by the usb port (but I use a car to usb converter to keep the power drain to a minimum) which I the glued to a chip board about 20 cm square which I place on the passenger seat as I usually Cache alone :oops:

unbreakables
1 or more caches found
1 or more caches found

Post by unbreakables » 10 April 07 9:31 pm

Mrs Unbreakable or three horses (old indian name((it mean nag nag nag) HeHeHe!!! :lol: ) as I call her, is a reluctant cacher with statments like 'is this the last cache for the day? :x ' (on the 3rd or 4th one).
But on some sunday arvo's I get to sit in the co-pilots seat with laptop, Gps & esky, full of my favourite refreshment BEER :) !! so I can't complain too much, caching and beer what a combo!!!! :oops: oh and spending time with my lovley wife!!!!!!

Dvixen
750 or more caches found
750 or more caches found
Twitter: Dvixen, Geowhat

Post by Dvixen » 11 April 07 8:17 am

MrsMix wrote:Great to hear from you all! I'm amazed to find so many Geowives, especially ones who are more into it than their husband/partner, lol :lol:

Love the idea of the chopping board and the stable table. Will have to try them. Thanks! :D
It's much nicer to tea towels too. ;)

My caching partner is in ACT, and I am in Canada. I've ~7x more caches solo than with my partner. Curious to know what category I fall into, hehe. :D

Papa Bear_Left
800 or more hollow logs searched
800 or more hollow logs searched

Post by Papa Bear_Left » 11 April 07 6:50 pm

Mama Bear_Left usually leaves the cache-placing and cache-hunt planning to me, but she's more likely to actually find the container when we're out there.

I think it's because she's always misplacing things and so has more practice in finding hidden objects (I just remember where I put my stuff!) Plus she's shorter and can see under stuff better.

She thinks it's because she's just better than me. And that includes being better at finding caches!

Team Hylton
50 or more caches found
50 or more caches found

Post by Team Hylton » 11 April 07 8:49 pm

I have to say I'm (Mama Hylton) more into geocaching than my hubby. He does enjoy it, but not like me. I'm always reading and planning caches, making the cache hides up, getting the kids ready for it and if I'm going away then I have to plan a heap - can wait Brisbane by myself for a day next week :lol: hehe I could cache all day but hubby has a limit of about 4, which in the country is common as your lucky to find more than 4 new ones in a month.

Shell (Mama Hylton)

belken

Post by belken » 12 April 07 12:11 am

Belinda does all the work like downloading the PQ and uploading the GPS. She also has the laptop out and gets us to the parking area. She also does more than a boy look at the cache sites.

I am useful though. I can swear, grunt loudly, lift heavy things, look up high and generally scare nasty things away.

MrsMix

Post by MrsMix » 12 April 07 8:00 am

lol, certainly looks like I am the slackest of Geowives! :lol:

Postman Pat

Post by Postman Pat » 12 April 07 9:51 am

MrsMix wrote:lol, certainly looks like I am the slackest of Geowives! :lol:
I don't think so mine is only interested in dog shows and will only cache if I am driving and make an issue of stopping to do a cache :oops: while stopped continually ask how log is this going to take :shock: