Rubbish cache contents.. what to do?

For all your general chit chat, caching or not.
caughtatwork

Post by caughtatwork » 22 March 07 10:56 am

clockwise wrote:
caughtatwork wrote: I spend around $100 a month on swaps.
Wow, that's dedication.
According to my wife, it's called stupidity :lol:

Spruce Mooses
1000 or more caches found
1000 or more caches found

Post by Spruce Mooses » 22 March 07 2:33 pm

caughtatwork wrote:
clockwise wrote:
caughtatwork wrote: I spend around $100 a month on swaps.
Wow, that's dedication.
According to my wife, it's called stupidity :lol:
Isn't that her name for the whole activity in general? :P :D

She has better things to think about (by the way if she needs a hand at the next etc show let me know )

Shelly

Udderchaos
400 or more spectacular views seen
400 or more spectacular views seen

Post by Udderchaos » 22 March 07 4:15 pm

just out of interest my two boys LOVE small plastic dinosaurs and they are the first to go.
One of them has also collected the whole set of McCar's (from the movie) entirely from caches and has them proudly displayed on his bedside drawers.

Just because you (generic anyone) dont like mcCrap doesnt mean everyone does

Facitman
1400 or more caches found
1400 or more caches found

Post by Facitman » 22 March 07 5:55 pm

Just a side comment.

I've rarely seen a log that declares that they took X and left Y where Y is clearly of lower value than X. Diminishing cache contents seems to occur between cacher visits. :roll:

I'm wondering if good cache contents are like socks in a washing machine, no matter how careful you are in putting a pair of socks into the machine, one sock is guaranteed to just disappear. :)

Mr Router
1500 or more caches found

Post by Mr Router » 22 March 07 6:14 pm

I have whinged enough about this in other threads! Bring on more micros :shock: you dont have to swap anything !!!!!!!!!!!

caughtatwork

Post by caughtatwork » 22 March 07 7:30 pm

Facitman wrote:I'm wondering if good cache contents are like socks in a washing machine, no matter how careful you are in putting a pair of socks into the machine, one sock is guaranteed to just disappear. :)
As long as the missing one doesn't turn up in a cache.

Mr Router

Post by Mr Router » 22 March 07 8:12 pm

Udderchaos wrote:just out of interest my two boys LOVE small plastic dinosaurs and they are the first to go.
One of them has also collected the whole set of McCar's (from the movie) entirely from caches and has them proudly displayed on his bedside drawers.

Just because you (generic anyone) dont like mccrap doesnt mean everyone does
Just say you put a really swish pocket radio in a cache and someone swaps it for a plastic toy worth 2 cents, who wins there ?
If you cannot swap fair dont swap, TNLN.

Team Red Devil
50 or more caches found
50 or more caches found

Post by Team Red Devil » 22 March 07 10:25 pm

If I put a themed cache down, and there's something someone REALLY wants out of it- I'm not going to crack a tanty because their swaps weren't themed..especially if the log says so....

That would be being just truly petty. What I might do instead, is go to the cache, take out the non theme bits replace them with themed bits, and swap them into another of my caches...
Easy.

If the world was only filled with Micro's....I think cache visits would drop...kids and wives/husbands would be discouraged by visiting yet another camera canister stuck in a tree. I know its not all about the swaps...but as a whole- caching would be less attractive (IMHO) to many people.

Its nice to hear all the positives. I have some awesome caches planned...just got to find the right locations now :)

Damo.

Post by Damo. » 22 March 07 10:38 pm

Welcome back TRD!

If it's rubbish take it out. It can be disheartening to put out a cache with good swaps and see it turn to crap, but that's the odds.