TNLN

For all your general chit chat, caching or not.
Cheesy pigs
3000 or more caches found
3000 or more caches found

Post by Cheesy pigs » 17 March 07 10:24 am

I like the way some teams down in the south of Tassie organise their swaps - if they leave a cache high on a mountain top, or half way up a mountain where you have to really work for the cache, then they leave really good quality swaps - like a beanie for inclement weather, first aid supplies, thick socks, torches etc.

When people put a lot of thought and effort into their swaps, I am more likely to want to swap.

Team Hylton
50 or more caches found
50 or more caches found

Post by Team Hylton » 17 March 07 10:50 pm

I have to agree lately some of the caches leave alot to be desired and we have been adding more than we take. For our new ones we are planning after our move and new jobs to make them nice ones to want to swap with, and collect :D let you find this one out later.

Shell (Mama Hylton)

Mr Router
1500 or more caches found
1500 or more caches found

Post by Mr Router » 18 March 07 6:50 am

We did a cache west of us last year that was a good sized container but was empty bar the log book when we found it(as a virgin) Curly put 5 or 6 swaps in it so others could have a choice.
Th other naughty thing to put in a cache is money!! When someone takes something and leaves a 1 or 2 dollar coin, that is not right.
thats why 99% we TNLN (sometimes leave lots) that way there's no problems of unfair swapping.

zactyl

Post by zactyl » 19 March 07 2:14 am

In the early days I'd make a trade and then more often than not swap it back at the next cache, but decided it was fairly pointless and stopped that. I do like to stock caches I put out with some nice stuff though, I think it adds to the experience to find "treasure" in the cache, but I have no problem with a TNLN on one of my caches. I don't think it even needs to be said, TFTC will do! :lol: