TNLN

For all your general chit chat, caching or not.
Cached
2500 or more caches found
2500 or more caches found

Post by Cached » 16 March 07 5:15 pm

Team Rubik wrote:I'm just glad the "SL" has been dropped, did anyone else find these two letters a redundant point to make?
I used to think it meant "saw lots". Still think that was better...

crew 153
9000 or more caches found
9000 or more caches found

Post by crew 153 » 16 March 07 5:25 pm

I am with the majority above who normally TNLN unless I have the Grandsons with me.

However I will normally take TB and coins from a cache and only leave them or extra swag if I consider that the cache is in a safe (muggle free) area.
I have had enough of my TBs and coins go missing from muggled caches to be wary about where I leave them.

Dik:
500 or more caches logged
500 or more caches logged

Post by Dik: » 16 March 07 5:57 pm

I too leave something extra most of the time, or uptrade, and with all the other similar responses, it makes me wonder why there are so many caches out there with a couple of scraps and rubbish in them. :shock:

RedPaw64
450 or more roots tripped over

Post by RedPaw64 » 16 March 07 6:08 pm

Well I always swap, I carry a 1 litre container in my bag and originally I filled it with stuff from $2 shops and off ebay and now just swap as I go. If I don't carry my bag with me, I take 1 item out of the box and have it in my pocket ready to swap it over.

I think its half the fun of it. But I do notice alot of people are doing the TNLN now.

I am even getting decent stuff so its really worth the swap.

Happy caching everyone

I swap and always will.

The Garner Family
1100 or more caches found
1100 or more caches found

Post by The Garner Family » 16 March 07 6:09 pm

For the caches that I own, I couldn't care less if someone chooses to swap or not. And if, on the big scale of things, they swapped things out of this cache and into that cache - how would that make anything better/worse than if they didn't swap at all?

Mr Emu

Post by Mr Emu » 16 March 07 7:37 pm

Like some others, if I am caching by myself I will usually only grab and/or drop TB's and geocoins. However I will always try to post a decent log comment. I'm still getting the hang of that though.

If I have the 8-year old "Mr Emu Junior" with me there is little chance of a Mondo doll staying in the cache. The challenge is to have something to swap that is worthwhile. What my young colleague thinks is worth leaving (Mac-crap and dinosaurs) needs to be sorted and supplemented! Even the $2 shop stuff needs to be chosen carefully. I think we will need to head towards E-bay to hunt down some better swag.

Slightly OT, but I searched the forums (okay, a "boys-look") without finding an answer: can anyone tell me where can you buy Mondo Dolls? Thanks.

Thomo

Post by Thomo » 16 March 07 7:48 pm

We always like to carry swaps with us when we are out. We make swaps if we like something, or sometimes we just leave something to add to a diminished cache.
But most of the time the caches seem to be full of small trinkets, similiar to what you would find in 20c gumball machines which I don`t think anyone is particularly interested in.
What I have found though, is the caches that seem to be out of the way or difficult to get to have the better swaps, and people make a geniune effort to keep it that way.

Foreign coins are good too, as family members appreciate them for thier collections :D

Thomo

Post by Thomo » 16 March 07 7:55 pm

Mr Emu wrote: Slightly OT, but I searched the forums (okay, a "boys-look") without finding an answer: can anyone tell me where can you buy Mondo Dolls? Thanks.
Good ol` Ebay seem to have them, fairly cheap too I thinks,
http://toys.listings.ebay.com.au/Vintag ... ngItemList

I did see them on a site once, from memory were around $4 each. You could always ask team Romax where they get theirs from :lol:

CraigRat
850 or more found!!!
850 or more found!!!
Twitter: CraigRat
Facebook: http://facebook.com/CraigRat

Post by CraigRat » 16 March 07 7:55 pm

Mr Emu wrote:Slightly OT, but I searched the forums (okay, a "boys-look") without finding an answer: can anyone tell me where can you buy Mondo Dolls? Thanks.
Try every-second-cache-you-look-in.... :lol:

Most ppl source them online thru ebay or other purveyors of junk and stuff :wink:

You can get a huge bag of em for around $20 or so...

swampgecko
It's all in how you get there....
It's all in how you get there....

Post by swampgecko » 16 March 07 9:20 pm

I TNLN on a regular basis, well as regular as I am these days. I find nothing wrong with it. I mainly cache for the journey, the location. Most of the time I am by myself and the contents may not appeal to me, If the girls are there we may do a swap.

cycliste
150 or more caches found
150 or more caches found

Post by cycliste » 16 March 07 10:19 pm

I think we all get different things out of caching. I like a walk or a mountain bike ride in the bush with the challenge of finding the cache at the end. I don't usually swap these days. For my own caches I am happy that someone made the effort to find them and I don't care if they swap or not. The beauty of this sport/occupation or whatever it is is that we do it for different reasons and no one should be condemned for getting out of it something different to ourselves.
Greetings to all especially Knott Gillty who seems to visit all the caches I do either just before or just after me.

Mr Emu

Post by Mr Emu » 16 March 07 10:34 pm

OT Reply: Thanks everyone for the advice on Mondo Dolls. I looked on ebay and spotted some for a good price (~40c each before postage, probably 50c in total); 3 packs of 24 + 24 + 20. In Geelong too :D. I e-mailed the seller to check on postage and delivery.

HOWEVER - I now know that "Buy-It-Now" on ebay means "buy-it-quick-before-someone-else get-in-first!". :evil: :evil: :evil:

Oh well, live and learn... might be TNLN for a while...

Zytheran
2000 or more caches found
2000 or more caches found

Post by Zytheran » 16 March 07 10:55 pm

Pretty much same as above, If solo usually no swap, if with kids they collect either the carrabiners (MiniZyth) or metal and enamel tourist keyrings (MiniZyth2).
We usual use them same swaps in, Budha's . Every so often we'll stock up at a $2 shop and use those for empty looking caches.
We gave up on the 30l Maccas container of toys from when the kids were younger , they would just appear inside as fast as we could try to get rid of them. Thing is , we don't eat there anymore.. :shock: Like the neverending TimTams, I think we have a never ending Maccas toy box.. :cry:
One day I'll call a priest and sort it out...

Knot_gillty
100 or more tracks walked
100 or more tracks walked

Post by Knot_gillty » 16 March 07 11:03 pm

[.
Greetings to all especially Knott Gillty who seems to visit all the caches I do either just before or just after me.[/quote]
I just seemed to have missed you the other day at NUTS BUSH CITY LIMITS. As for the TNLN, i think its ok too. You (the cache hider) should get a kick out of people just wanting to find your cache in the first place. I do this game on my own mostly and bring "trinkets" along for a swap but mostly find old golf balls and the like. When my 4yr old daughter comes along we (read: she) swaps with things that she likes.

RedPaw64

Post by RedPaw64 » 16 March 07 11:31 pm

cycliste said: For my own caches I am happy that someone made the effort to find them and I don't care if they swap or not. The beauty of this sport/occupation or whatever it is is that we do it for different reasons and no one should be condemned for getting out of it something different to ourselves.
Well Said .... Hit the nail on the head...

Happy caching