Interest in Annual Red Ochre Event (June Long Weekend)

For all your general chit chat, caching or not.
If
10000 or more caches found
10000 or more caches found

Smell the, er, Dubboism :)

Post by If » 22 March 07 11:29 pm

Hmmm, I might be tempted to revisit Dubbo :? It's been a sort'a surrogate home for me on many occassions over the years :? It's half way between anywhere else I would want to be after all :D Ahh June in Dubbo :roll: I can see it now. What a great tourism campaign. Hope to see the advert saturating cable networks across SE Asia this autumn 8)

MrsMix

Post by MrsMix » 06 April 07 8:20 am

Hey Guys,

Is there a cache page up as yet for the weekend? I was wanting to send the link to scaryfluff and wife. Last year they said they might try to make it along this year and participate.

Thanks!
MrsMix :)

president & 1st lady
1250 or more geocaches found

Post by president & 1st lady » 06 April 07 9:57 pm

No cache page yet 'cause I'm slack! I did think about it today though. :) I have got a GC code for it, but no point sharing it yet as it's not up for review atm.

1st lady

MrsMix

Post by MrsMix » 08 April 07 8:51 am

Thanks 1st Lady! Look forward to seeing it and passing onto scaryfluff :D

president & 1st lady

Post by president & 1st lady » 03 May 07 9:46 pm

The thing I'm really wondering is how many cachers are acutually going to be good enough for this event. Will it be impossible for some cachers to complete the event? Yes, I did say complete the event! I'm sure the mission will be clear, but how will The President's men feel about it, really?

1st lady

MrsMix

Post by MrsMix » 07 May 07 10:01 am

Hey Firstlady!

It may just be the monster headache I have :? but I can't seem to find the cache page up as yet. Can you steer this poor geowife in the right direction? Ta! :oops:

The Spindoctors

Post by The Spindoctors » 07 May 07 11:50 am

Tick tock

MrsMix

Post by MrsMix » 07 May 07 4:20 pm

Yeah, if we'd been in Dubbo it would have been up already, ROFL.... :lol:

Sorry to put the pressure on Firstlady. Just needing to tee up a time with my old Mother's Group while we are there and want to work that around the weekend's program :)

Bronze

Post by Bronze » 07 May 07 7:04 pm

We all met last night to finalize a few things before we posted the page.

Needed to sort the activities into an order, coordinate 6 organising teams and allow for the theme.

It's looking good. If people have put the weekend in their diaries already they won't be disappointed. It will run from 12 Saturday through to 12 Sunday.

It will once again be a family and team orientated event but we have made the activities so individuals, and especially veteran visitors will not be disadvantaged. We probably could have posted the page three weeks ago but just wanted to double check every aspect since we have a tradition of "well planned events" to uphold.

Anyhow, It's not my place to steal President and 1st Ladies Thunder so hold that thought.

Mr Router
1500 or more caches found

Post by Mr Router » 07 May 07 7:48 pm

Bronze wrote:We all met last night to finalize a few things before we posted the page.

Needed to sort the activities into an order, coordinate 6 organising teams and allow for the theme.

It's looking good. If people have put the weekend in their diaries already they won't be disappointed. It will run from 12 Saturday through to 12 Sunday.

It will once again be a family and team orientated event but we have made the activities so individuals, and especially veteran visitors will not be disadvantaged. We probably could have posted the page three weeks ago but just wanted to double check every aspect since we have a tradition of "well planned events" to uphold.

Anyhow, It's not my place to steal President and 1st Ladies Thunder so hold that thought.
please humor me lots of micros! Just like Gold Rush, Pleeeeas

Mix
450 or more roots tripped over
450 or more roots tripped over

Post by Mix » 07 May 07 8:00 pm

Mr Router wrote:
Bronze wrote:We all met last night to finalize a few things before we posted the page.

please humor me lots of micros! Just like Gold Rush, Pleeeeas
Not Gonna Happen :shock:

Mr Router

Post by Mr Router » 07 May 07 8:10 pm

Oh well !

Shifter Brains
8500 or more caches found
8500 or more caches found

Post by Shifter Brains » 07 May 07 8:36 pm

Our accomodation has been booked. Looking forward to the event. :D </p>
Thanks in advance for all the hard work .

Bronze

Post by Bronze » 07 May 07 10:55 pm

Don't thank us yet.

After what we have planned chances are this will be the final ROC annual event.

This event will take some courage and people will be pushed to the limit of their comfort zones thats for sure. There is a reason we hold it in Dubbo and thats that there are several exits to flee the town. :twisted:

Grank

Post by Grank » 07 May 07 11:00 pm

Accomodation booked. See you there.

PS. Good to see the original photo back LOL