Yes, but would you wear it to an Event Cache?

For all your general chit chat, caching or not.
Team Rubik

Yes, but would you wear it to an Event Cache?

Post by Team Rubik » 07 February 07 7:08 pm

Lust in space<br>
Barbara Liston<br>
<br>
February 07, 2007 12:00am<br>
<br>
DISGUISED in a dark wig, glasses and trench coat, astronaut Lisa Nowak waited in hiding to kidnap the woman she considered a rival for another astronaut's affections.<br>
<br>
In a search of Ms Nowak's car, police later found nappies that she told them she wore so she wouldn't have to stop to urinate during her drive.
<br>
<br>

Could be worth a couple of extra caches on a record attempt! :P

McPhan
10000 or more caches found
10000 or more caches found

Post by McPhan » 07 February 07 7:20 pm

Apparently the total trip was 1600kms. Averaging 100kph that could be up to 16 hours sitting in your own whatever. Doing this to attack another person over a man seems a little steep.<p>

Doing this to seek caches - no problem. :mrgreen:

CraigRat
850 or more found!!!
850 or more found!!!
Twitter: CraigRat
Facebook: http://facebook.com/CraigRat

Re: Yes, but would you wear it to an Event Cache?

Post by CraigRat » 07 February 07 7:27 pm

Team Rubik wrote:Could be worth a couple of extra caches on a record attempt! :P
Hmmmm <scratches chin>... a cunning plan m'lud :lol:
That and some I.V Fluids for food....
Mind you,it would be probably more sanitary to buy one of these

Slightly OT (well not really) that whole astronaut attempted murder story WILL be a movie of the week soon...mark my words.... very strange story!

Mr Router
1500 or more caches found

Post by Mr Router » 07 February 07 7:39 pm

Team Rubik wrote:
Lust in space<br>
Barbara Liston<br>
<br>
<br>
DISGUISED in a dark wig, glasses and trench coat, astronaut Lisa Nowak waited in hiding to kidnap the woman she considered a rival for another astronaut's affections.<br>
<br>
In a search of Ms Nowak's car, police later found nappies that she told them she wore so she wouldn't have to stop to urinate during her drive.
<br>
<br>

Do they sell these in Tasmania?

Freddo

Post by Freddo » 07 February 07 7:42 pm

I think you will find that astronauts wear nappies all the time. Neil and Buzz included. :oops:

Not sure about cosmonauts? They probably came up with something really clever, but cheap.

Cached
2500 or more caches found

Post by Cached » 07 February 07 7:54 pm

A link to the story -

http://news.independent.co.uk/world/ame ... 245139.ece
However, Ms Nowak, who is married and lives in Houston with her husband and three children, opted to make the 950-mile, 12-hour journey from Texas to Orlando by car. It was after her arrest that she explained the adult nappy on the car seat to police. So anxious was she to get to Orlando before Ms Shipman's flight arrived that she wore it to avoid having to stop the car along the way to go to the bathroom. To her, this may have seemed an entirely practical idea - astronauts all wear nappies on space missions, during the initial launch and again while the shuttle re-enters the Earth's atmosphere.

JackHenry
400 or more spectacular views seen
400 or more spectacular views seen

Post by JackHenry » 07 February 07 8:20 pm

You would think that she had to stop for fuel for the car. Couldn't she have gone then?

However, if it was on the car seat and not on her 'seat' it may have been for the 'victim' of the attempted kidnap.

Geof
450 or more roots tripped over
450 or more roots tripped over

Post by Geof » 07 February 07 9:11 pm

You would think that she had to stop for fuel for the car. Couldn't she have gone then?
Once they found her she may have already dumped the long range tanks out the window :shock: . Didn't they say she had rubber tube....... refuel car wile driveing :? Seems she was no fool when it come to building things like robotics etc. Think what a disturbed person like her could come up with.

Sounds like heat shields may be only one of their issues to sort out :wink: .

Team Rubik

Post by Team Rubik » 07 February 07 9:27 pm

Freddo wrote:I think you will find that astronauts wear nappies all the time. Neil and Buzz included. :oops:

Not sure about cosmonauts? They probably came up with something really clever, but cheap.
Let's not forget about the taikonauts, I'm sure they use this product -
China nappy business tries to trademark Bush<br>
<br>
President Bush could become synonymous with nappies
A Beijing businessman has applied to use the Chinese name of US President George Bush to market his nappies.
"Back in my hometown in Henan Province, the pronunciation of 'Bushi' sounds exactly like 'not wet'," said the man, surnamed Guo, according to local media.
<br>
<br>
Interesting read on the evolution of space plumbing.<br>
http://www.abc.net.au/science/k2/moments/s348188.htm

swampgecko
It's all in how you get there....
It's all in how you get there....

Post by swampgecko » 07 February 07 9:29 pm

CraigRat wrote:
Team Rubik wrote:Could be worth a couple of extra caches on a record attempt! :P
Hmmmm <scratches chin>... a cunning plan m'lud :lol:
That and some I.V Fluids for food....
Mind you,it would be probably more sanitary to buy one of these

Slightly OT (well not really) that whole astronaut attempted murder story WILL be a movie of the week soon...mark my words.... very strange story!
I hate to say it, but this type of thing is definately not new, I remember my mother getting these "Magmamail" mail-order catalogues when I was a kid, and in the them was what was called a "Pith Helmet". Had us in stitches, moreso when my Aunty K would have her standard 1.5glasses of plonk and be rolling drunk trying to read "Pith Helmet" out........

I also remember a movie of Burt Reyonlds... where he straps a smaller version of the Trucker's friend to his leg and attends a meeting... but for the life of me I can't remeber the movie title

Waterwells
300 or more found
300 or more found

Post by Waterwells » 07 February 07 10:00 pm

Mr Router wrote:
Team Rubik wrote:
Lust in space<br>
Barbara Liston<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>

Do they sell these in Tasmania?

Ummm ... are you asking about dark wigs, or glasses or trench coats?

Or are you asking specifically about nappies???

Whatever, Tassie sells 'ALL' of the above!! :P

BTW, we ALSO sell 'extra clues' for our caches! :wink:

Mr Router

Post by Mr Router » 08 February 07 12:23 am

Nappies!! We will be in Tassie for a week and Craigrats idea of a numbers challange might just be on the cards :roll: :wink: :wink: :wink: Hope that's all spelt right :oops:

zactyl

Post by zactyl » 08 February 07 2:20 am

Geof wrote:
Once they found her she may have already dumped the long range tanks out the window :shock: . Didn't they say she had rubber tube....... refuel car wile driveing :? Seems she was no fool when it come to building things like robotics etc. Think what a disturbed person like her could come up with.
Think of the caches a disturbed person like her could come up with! :D

Cached

Post by Cached » 08 February 07 8:41 am

Username? PsychoAstronaut

Facitman
1400 or more caches found
1400 or more caches found

Post by Facitman » 08 February 07 11:08 am

swampgecko wrote:I also remember a movie of Burt Reyonlds... where he straps a smaller version of the Trucker's friend to his leg and attends a meeting... but for the life of me I can't remeber the movie title
"Semi-Tough", Burt's character goes to a seminar at which participants are not allowed to leave even to go to the toilet.

Hmmmm :roll: the things I remember