How old is your cache data when you go out caching?

For all your general chit chat, caching or not.

How old is your cache data when you go out caching?

Poll ended at 10 February 07 8:42 pm

Month or older
3%
Month or older
2%
Three weeks +
No votes
Three weeks +
2%
Two to three weeks
No votes
Two to three weeks
2%
One to two weeks
3%
One to two weeks
8%
One to six days
17%
One to six days
22%
One day
12%
Day or less
31%

Total votes: 65

Aushiker
350 ? I am the lizard queen
Twitter: Aushiker

Post by Aushiker » 04 February 07 2:19 am

fehrgo wrote:Now it is showing some items twice, with different votes for each. weird...
Just shows why I shouldn't be let near a poll ... no idea what I am doing and don't seem to be able to fix it either.

Andrew

Dik:
500 or more caches logged

Post by Dik: » 04 February 07 8:07 am

If I'm planning an expedition then the notes are usually fresh, but if I have some old notes on the PDA and I am passing a cache I didn't get time to do previously then they could be quite old.

Last night I did a cache that was a previous DNF from several months ago. I pass there occasionaly but it is a serious muggle haunt, and this was the first time I have had an opportunity. So with notes at least 3 months old.........

Bronze

Post by Bronze » 04 February 07 8:32 am

Uh, Bloody mix has stuffed the pole.

"Mix, stop pole dancing with the results".

*Mind Boggles*

Cached
2500 or more caches found
2500 or more caches found

Post by Cached » 04 February 07 9:31 am

More often than not, I don't actually HAVE notes.

I have the "data" loaded, but unless I planned to go caching, no notes. If I did, I'd have the whole laptop.

I figure, if it's a traditional then I shouldn't need to have the notes.

The GPS does store basic info - type, size, diff, terr, last 4 finds, hider, last date found.

Any more than that and I'm on my own. I'm one of the crowd that gets annoyed when I find a trad was actually an offset or not actually at the listed coords.

ZED!

Post by ZED! » 04 February 07 10:42 am

I have my GSAK up to date from 1-3 days and used to have the PDA at hand all the time with data less than a week old as well but I've found because lately I've only cached on a spur of the moment basis, I don't have any notes with me (I don't even know where my PDA is as I haven't seen it since November) and rely on memory of what I read on the cache page which could have been a few hours or a few days earlier.

wombles
250 or more caches found
250 or more caches found

Post by wombles » 04 February 07 12:11 pm

PQ?

Aushiker
Twitter: Aushiker

Post by Aushiker » 04 February 07 12:28 pm

wombles wrote:PQ?
Pocket Query.

Andrew

CraigRat
850 or more found!!!
850 or more found!!!
Twitter: CraigRat
Facebook: http://facebook.com/CraigRat

Post by CraigRat » 04 February 07 1:30 pm

I usualy update GSAK via GC PQ daily, same with GCA via the state GPX file and shove that into the navman (running Ozi and GPXSonar) I use that to get me NEAR the cache in the car.

I'll usually update the geko whenever I'm planning to go to an area I know has a new cache. I use this as my primary cache hunting device once I'm out of the car... I may refer to the navman for notes if I remember to take it along with me...which is seldom...

Mr Router
1500 or more caches found
1500 or more caches found

Post by Mr Router » 04 February 07 4:03 pm

CraigRat wrote:I usualy update GSAK via GC PQ daily, same with GCA via the state GPX file and shove that into the navman (running Ozi and GPXSonar) I use that to get me NEAR the cache in the car.

I'll usually update the geko whenever I'm planning to go to an area I know has a new cache. I use this as my primary cache hunting device once I'm out of the car... I may refer to the navman for notes if I remember to take it along with me...which is seldom...
From the car to the cache we highly recommend Beeline, it just completes the package.

If
10000 or more caches found
10000 or more caches found

Doh reh me

Post by If » 06 February 07 2:36 pm

When I was a newbie :oops: I would have a few hand drawn notes for multis or ones that looked like they would be tricky to find. Sometimes months old :lol: But then I got me a little ole Pee Dee Ay and suddenly I had a lot more notes with glorious colour, but which still needed updating occassionally which was tedious :roll: But now I've joined the big league and worked out PQ's and Mobi Pocket, CacheMate and how to find usecured home WIFI networks :shock: so every cache within 2weeks haul of a bullock team is updated every week and updates can be checked whilst on the road 8)

CraigRat
850 or more found!!!
850 or more found!!!
Twitter: CraigRat
Facebook: http://facebook.com/CraigRat

Post by CraigRat » 06 February 07 4:55 pm

The only problem with relying on the old PDA is when you get to a multi and realise that you are meant to go to a heap of ONLINE webpages for the hints for that cache..... grrr

:lol: