Your 2007 Geocaching plans.

For all your general chit chat, caching or not.
Bundyrumandcoke
5000 or more caches found

Your 2007 Geocaching plans.

Post by Bundyrumandcoke » 29 December 06 11:21 pm

Ok, so the new year is nearly on us. Does anyone have any major plans for the new year Geocaching wise? I suppose this thread is more for those "outoftowners" who may be heading for the big smoke, with the intention of doing a caching run, or anyone who may be heading interstate for a similar reason.

Mine, well, come end of March, I am embarking on a roadtrip to Singleton for Tuff Truck Challenge. I am riding my bike, and intend taking at least 3 days each way, giving plenty of opportunity to cache on the way. Probably down the coast, and maybe return inland depending on cache and fuel availability. Then a couple of weeks later, Easter school holidays, another trip to Brisbane, with plans to hit the darkside this time, looking again at the Qld (and now Oz) record of 102 in 24 hrs. Planning and preparations are already under way for this little jaunt. Then, for Mayday weekend, a little sojourn up to Mackay, again for 4wding, and to hit some of Map Monkeys caches up there.
Last edited by Bundyrumandcoke on 30 December 06 8:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Derringer
2500 or more caches found

Post by Derringer » 30 December 06 7:46 am

Most of 2007 will be taken up replacing caches lost in the Vic Alps due to fires.
Lots of walking and 4wd'ing planned. :D
Corner Country and Innamincka is beckoning in July with Innes Rocky High our goal for a Tasmanian bushwalk in March.
To all cachers, have a Happy, Healthy and prosperous 2007. :D :D :D

Kevin & Meredith

Team Falling Numerals

Post by Team Falling Numerals » 30 December 06 9:44 am

We are in a bit of a holding pattern until such time as the University offers come out and the boy who lives at our place makes a decision as to which great city will have to put up with him in the future. He has applied for places in Sydney and Melbourne so either of those cities may become a regular destination for us (again).

Also there is a conference in Hobart in March that I feel that I should attend and that will provide some opportunities to tour and cache around!

We are also planning to find some more great places around Far North Queensland to place caches!

GammaPiSigma
450 or more roots tripped over
450 or more roots tripped over

Post by GammaPiSigma » 30 December 06 2:31 pm

After nearly three years of caching our goal is to finely get our first 100.

wombles
250 or more caches found
250 or more caches found

Post by wombles » 30 December 06 7:59 pm

I'm going to New Zealand in February and will be driving from Christchurch to the ferry at Picton and have already looked up where the caches are! My first geocaching experience was in NZ, though we didn't find any of the 4 we looked for.

I'm going to Melbourne in October and will be looking for caches there too.

If
10000 or more caches found
10000 or more caches found

oh stop it

Post by If » 30 December 06 10:14 pm

This little cacher has plans to get out of the little country towne he is stuck in most of the time and head for the big smokes. Dubbo and Bathurst beckon with their multitude of caches :D
With over 3 months of holidays scheduled for 2007 I might even make it to the megatropolises like Sydney and Melbourne for some caching delights 8)

Cached

Post by Cached » 30 December 06 10:24 pm

Try dubbo - the locals are really friendly.

Spruce Mooses
1000 or more caches found
1000 or more caches found

Post by Spruce Mooses » 31 December 06 1:00 am

Planning on expanding the list of countries we've found caches in. Hoping for Canada, South Korea, Germany, Ireland, Monaco and a few more...
and getting to 500 would be good

forthferalz
100 or more tracks walked
100 or more tracks walked

Post by forthferalz » 31 December 06 4:01 am

Canada

Mr Router
1500 or more caches found
1500 or more caches found

Post by Mr Router » 31 December 06 8:32 am

half the Routers will be heading for Tassie in 42 days(we are not counting) We are going to Britz the island for caches within half an hour from the road, walking distance.
Hoping to met some local cachers along the way, and to have some ale's with the man that supplied us with every map we could ever need! Really do hope he likes Boages :roll: Without these maps our trip would not be the caching adventure it will be, Many thanx again to the man in Question.
So hopefully we wont be away when If visits our fair town(we are friendly in Bathurst to) so we can catch up and put another face to a name. Anyway happy caching and see ya in Tassie, watch out for an out of control Britz coming your way, I wonder if they will let me paint it silver 8)

The Rats

Post by The Rats » 31 December 06 8:41 am

The plan is to get to a 1000 finds some time in the next few months. However theres always something else that gets in the way, like his work, her work, our kids, other interests.<P>Alas it will happen soon. :D

juzmac
500 or more caches logged
500 or more caches logged

Post by juzmac » 31 December 06 8:58 am

Well our plans for this year was to get back into the thick of caching with 2005 taken up with our wedding plans and the big day itself...

This year was tied up with other things at home (like looking after it and furnishing it) so hopefully we'll have some more time next year!

We're planning a trip in early Jan over Adelaide / Port Augusta way so having never been over the border we should have some ripe pickings!!!

Happy New Year!!! 8)

mtrax

Post by mtrax » 31 December 06 5:42 pm

as a relative new guy, I hope to plant a few caches here (@ home) and during holiday travels.
I would be cool to see a few quick caches along travel routes would even be double cool 8) to have a mult-cache en-route to destination.

setsujoku
3500 or more caches found
3500 or more caches found
Twitter: BGNWP

Post by setsujoku » 31 December 06 5:55 pm

my aim is to reach the 600 mark, which shouldnt be to hard to do since im on 599 :D :D :D

Richary
8000 or more caches found
8000 or more caches found

Post by Richary » 31 December 06 8:57 pm

Looks like I might have more time for caching in '07 as '06 was too busy. First goal will be to try and get to 1000 in January. As I'm only up to 914 GC this could be a bit of a challenge, but I have a week booked at Rosebud in January and it looks like I will be there solo. So no relaxing around the pool or on the beach, it could be a full on touring/caching week. With another week off after that and some possible camping on the way home this could be an easy target.