Was I too sarcastic?

For all your general chit chat, caching or not.
Bundyrumandcoke
5000 or more caches found

Was I too sarcastic?

Post by Bundyrumandcoke » 29 December 06 5:44 pm

Geof
450 or more roots tripped over
450 or more roots tripped over

Post by Geof » 29 December 06 5:56 pm

ideology

Post by ideology » 29 December 06 6:40 pm

ha! we can't wait until someone explains that we don't have "fall" here

Damo.

Post by Damo. » 29 December 06 7:11 pm

Geof wrote:Post this over there:
Just did. I was nice in my post though.
Didn't say anything like SHE'S A TEACHER? YOU'RE JUSTIFYING ASKING SUCH A STUPID IGNORANT QUESTION WITH THAT! :roll: :roll: :roll:

Won't somebody think of the children?

swampgecko
It's all in how you get there....

Post by swampgecko » 29 December 06 7:23 pm

Don't get me started on seppo's....

I was very lucky and managed to visit, San Antonio and The Alamo, Pearl Harbour and the Arizona Memorial, Tombstone, San Fransisco and Alcatraz, Washington DC and the Vietnam Wall... all those places that yanks hold near and dear... Showed the proper respect and all that.

Yet whilst on a visit to Ballarat we went into the Eureka Stockade. We sat down to view the film there and a pair of yanks walked in, talking and eating chips. We then had to put up with them talking most of the film, until the husband asked the wife "Is there any Americans in this?" at her response of no, he complained said something like, "well this aint worth watching" and walked out.

I nearly followed them out to give them a serve, but decided that it just would be a waste of time......
Last edited by swampgecko on 29 December 06 10:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TeamBeanDare
200 or more found
200 or more found

Post by TeamBeanDare » 29 December 06 10:17 pm

Don't stir them up too much. They might blame global warming on us. (We cunningly devised a system to warm up winter :twisted: )

zactyl

Post by zactyl » 30 December 06 6:58 am

But what did Snipey write?! :shock:

Bundyrumandcoke

Post by Bundyrumandcoke » 30 December 06 7:37 am

It looks as if someone took me seriously, about temperatures, that is.

Mr Router
1500 or more caches found
1500 or more caches found

Post by Mr Router » 30 December 06 7:38 am

swampgecko wrote:Don't get me started on seppo's....

I was very lucky and managed to visit, San Antonio and The Alamo, Pearl Harbour and the Arizona Memorial, Tombstone, San Fransisco and Alcatraz, Washington DC and the Vietnam Wall... all those places that yanks hold near and dear... Showed the proper respect and all that.

Yet whilst on a visit to Ballarat we went into the Eureka Stockade. We sat down to view the film there and a pair of yanks walked in, talking and eating chips. We then had to put up with them talking most of the film, until the husband asked the wife "Is there any Americans in this?" at her response of no, he complained said something like, "well this aint worth watching" and walked out.

I nearly followed them out to give them a serve, but decided that it just would be a waste of time......
Great strength holding back!! More than a vocal serve was in order!

swampgecko

Post by swampgecko » 30 December 06 8:41 am

I will admit however I have had the pleasure of meeting some very nice Americans, The most recent one was Snuva's Female Slave.

Grank

Post by Grank » 30 December 06 11:38 am

The general lack of knowledge about Australia by some individuals doesn't surprise me. When living in the northern hemisphere a number of examples of this was displayed to my family and I:-
- we were asked what language we spoke in Australia (granted there was an explanation - apparently our accents demonstrated that we were having problems with English, so the assumption was that English was our second language LOL)
- numerous people in different countries thought we went home to Australia each weekend. We had to explain many times the logistics of that exercise.

But I must admit the example that started the thread takes the cake! Has anyone tried to explain why there is snow / ice at both ends of each hemisphere at the same time?

(PS I also learnt a lot about my general lack of knowledge of other countries as well when travelling!)

Team Falling Numerals

Post by Team Falling Numerals » 30 December 06 12:46 pm

Grank wrote:The general lack of knowledge about Australia by some individuals doesn't surprise me....

(PS I also learnt a lot about my general lack of knowledge of other countries as well when travelling!)
Yes, but surely not basic geography? :shock:

psychokat
250 or more caches found
250 or more caches found

Post by psychokat » 30 December 06 3:00 pm

I worked in the states for 6 months and that was a normal question. The best one I got asked was do we have corners on our roads.
I was also told by a yank trying to chat me up that he had studied Australian history and how lucky we were that the convict named Sydney was a bully. He thought the First Fleet dumped the convicts on the beach and turned around and left. 'Sydney' was a bloke who forced every one to build him a town. I tried to convince him otherwise but I was stupid and he knew better then me. He took world history for a whole semester in Uni. He wouldn't even believe me that Canberra is our national capital not Sydney.
I only worked on the west coast so I don't know if they are any smarter in the east. What can you expect when most americans can't even find their country on a world map.

psychokat
250 or more caches found
250 or more caches found

Post by psychokat » 30 December 06 3:02 pm

Nearly forgot. No you weren't too sarcastic.

Grank

Post by Grank » 30 December 06 4:31 pm

Team Falling Numerals wrote:
Yes, but surely not basic geography? :shock:
Hmmm, it's a matter of perspective ... in my 1st week in London I asked a Welshman giving me a lift "just how much of England is Wales" which nearly had us in a ditch! :lol: