Was I too sarcastic?

For all your general chit chat, caching or not.
Aushiker
350 ? I am the lizard queen
350 ? I am the lizard queen
Twitter: Aushiker

Post by Aushiker » 03 January 07 12:36 am

fehrgo wrote: However, I do feel that I have attained a sufficient sampling of experiences in that environment to make my own personal choices
Thanks for your comments.

100% agree with this statement in terms of your choices and I respect your decisions, but you appear to be extending your experiences to all of the population of the US and that is where I have my problem with your comments, not the choices you made. They are your decisions and are personal to you and I would not wish to argue against them.

To me this discussion is not about choices, but about judging the whole because of one's experiences.

We can extend that same methodology that you have applied and determine all Australians are racists. Why? Pauline Hanson and her One Nation party.

Now I am not personally suggesting you are a racist, but by applying your approach, a view formed because of the actions of some others to the whole, can and does incorrectly judge others when it is applied in a general way. The actions of Pauline Hanson and One Nation have or had painted all Australians with the same brush. Now you might suggest that this is a load of rubbish, but it is/was a view of Australians which it is suggested is often or was often taken in other countries, particular Asia. It was held to such an extent that it actually had a negative impact on the number of Asian students coming to Australia for a while.

So now how does it feel to be a racist? Is that fair to be judged not because of your own behaviour but because of a minority? To me it is not and so I guess you and I will have to disagree on that.

All the best with your decision to move back here and I hope it really works out well for you.

Regards
Andrew

solomonfamily
1700 or more caches found

Post by solomonfamily » 03 January 07 8:58 am

Can someone answer me this question?

Why was the Great Wall of China built ?

Team Wibble
2100 or more geocaches found
2100 or more geocaches found

Post by Team Wibble » 03 January 07 9:16 am

That's easy!
To keep the rabbits out....

president & 1st lady
1250 or more geocaches found

Post by president & 1st lady » 03 January 07 10:55 am

Team Wibble wrote:That's easy!
Yes, there were too many rabbits in China.

1st lady
Bronze, get your scawny butt back on line, we need a teapot!

solomonfamily

Post by solomonfamily » 03 January 07 12:37 pm

president & 1st lady wrote:
Team Wibble wrote:That's easy!
Yes, there were too many rabbits in China.

1st lady
Bronze, get your scawny butt back on line, we need a teapot!
<br>
You see - it does snow in summer because wikipedia said so :-)
<br>

Geodes

Post by Geodes » 03 January 07 1:13 pm

<a href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manifest_Destiny">Manifest Destiny</a> has long been an ingrained and integral component of the American psyche, and perhaps accounts for much of their attitude towards the rest of the world.

Biggles Bear
2200 or more geocaches found

Post by Biggles Bear » 06 January 07 8:52 am

I shouldn't worry too much, as according to this site Australia doesn't really exist; so given that we don't exist we can't have offended anyone :twisted:
<P>
The Flat Earth Society wrote:Most of you have probably been brought up believing in the imaginary land called Australia. I bet many of you even learned about it in school. I am here to tell you the truth.
<P>
Well, the fact is that Australia doesn't really exist. Everything you have ever heard about it was made up, and any pictures of it you have seen were faked by the government. I am sure you have even talked to people on the internet who claim to be from Australia. They are really secret government agents who are surfing the internet to enforce these false beliefs.
<P>
We are not entirely sure why the government made up an imaginary continent, or why it is trying to convince the world that this continent is real, but we can tell you that we know for a fact that Australia doesn't really exist.
<P>
Please join us in our quest to convince the world of the truth.

Wyoming Wombats

Post by Wyoming Wombats » 06 January 07 9:38 am

We DO exist. We are on the underneath bit of the flat earth.

Swampy
4000 or more? I'm officially obsessed.
4000 or more? I'm officially obsessed.

Post by Swampy » 06 January 07 10:16 am

Oops! I did it again....
post#38

Biggles Bear

Post by Biggles Bear » 06 January 07 1:50 pm

Wyoming Wombats wrote:We DO exist. We are on the underneath bit of the flat earth.
<P>Not possible, we'd fall off :shock: Which just goes to prove we're nothing but a figment of someones feverish imagination :roll:

Wyoming Wombats

Post by Wyoming Wombats » 06 January 07 10:33 pm

Biggles Bear wrote:
Wyoming Wombats wrote:We DO exist. We are on the underneath bit of the flat earth.
<P>Not possible, we'd fall off :shock: Which just goes to prove we're nothing but a figment of someones feverish imagination :roll:
<P>
So if we are figments of someone's imagination, the question from the US cannot have been asked to a real person. <P>That means that this thread can also not have existed. <P>Ergo - To answer the original question (that may or may not have existed - depending on whether we have fallen off the underside of the earth) Bundyrumandcoke cannot have been too sarcastic because he probably doesn't exist at all.<P>My brain is starting to hurt. That is if I have a brain. Please don't start me off again.

Biggles Bear

Post by Biggles Bear » 07 January 07 7:55 am

Wyoming Wombats wrote:
Biggles Bear wrote:
<P>
So if we are figments of someone's imagination, the question from the US cannot have been asked to a real person. <P>That means that this thread can also not have existed. <P>Ergo - To answer the original question (that may or may not have existed - depending on whether we have fallen off the underside of the earth) Bundyrumandcoke cannot have been too sarcastic because he probably doesn't exist at all.<P>My brain is starting to hurt. That is if I have a brain. Please don't start me off again.
<P>Sounds about right to me :lol:

president & 1st lady

Post by president & 1st lady » 07 January 07 5:25 pm

Biggles Bear wrote:I shouldn't worry too much, as according to this site Australia doesn't really exist; so given that we don't exist we can't have offended anyone :twisted:
Okay, fess up, who is GeoGuy? Has to be a cacher.

1st lady

belken

Post by belken » 07 January 07 6:24 pm

Aushiker wrote: We can extend that same methodology that you have applied and determine all Australians are racists. Why? Pauline Hanson and her One Nation party.
Just a minor point. Whilst One Nation was branded racist the people in One Nation were by the main far away from racists. USing the definition of racsist most commonly used to brand Pauline Hanson,I would suggest a majority of posts within this thread must have been written by racists.

For those confused, the defintion of racist is "a belief that race is the primary determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race"

Fairly Magic
500 or more caches logged
500 or more caches logged

Post by Fairly Magic » 07 January 07 7:00 pm

Swampy wrote:Oops! I did it again....
post#38
you can't help your army training Swampy.

It could be argued the Navy knows both how to pronounce "leiutenant" and how to salute :twisted: