Want a free travel bug?

For all your general chit chat, caching or not.
Bunya

Post by Bunya » 09 December 06 1:42 pm

As has been suggested already, if you are worried about misuse of your password but want to get one these TBs, why not just change your password after you have requested it?

I thought regularly changing your password was recommended practice anyway. :)

Or is there something wrong with this solution? :?

Geodes

Post by Geodes » 09 December 06 4:41 pm

Bunya wrote:As has been suggested already, if you are worried about misuse of your password but want to get one these TBs, why not just change your password after you have requested it?

I thought regularly changing your password was recommended practice anyway. :)

Or is there something wrong with this solution? :?
<P>Sounds ok to me, although if it was dodgy, it may mean giving your email address out to spammers, though I think it's highly unlikely that there's any scam involved in this case as the offer is advertised on the GC main page. You could always register a new account if really worried :wink:
<P>I often give myself a new email address if I want to respond to some offer which I think may be suspect (or even if I don't think it's suspect) - it's amazing how much spam I can end up getting to these addresses from sites that respect your privacy oh so much! (e.g. Telstra Bigpond for one).

zactyl

Post by zactyl » 09 December 06 11:28 pm

Geodes wrote:...end up getting to these addresses from sites that respect your privacy oh so much! (e.g. Telstra Bigpond for one).
I didn't think it was a coincidence that I started getting spam to my bigpond account the month before they introduced a subscription based spam filter. :evil:

Chwiliwr
10000 or more caches found
10000 or more caches found

Post by Chwiliwr » 10 December 06 12:02 am

zactyl wrote:
Geodes wrote:...end up getting to these addresses from sites that respect your privacy oh so much! (e.g. Telstra Bigpond for one).
I didn't think it was a coincidence that I started getting spam to my bigpond account the month before they introduced a subscription based spam filter. :evil:
Thats the trouble with coincidences. I originally thought the same until I realised that my other 2 accounts with them don't get spam.

Grank

Post by Grank » 29 December 06 1:54 pm

Received my TB today.

RedPaw64
450 or more roots tripped over
450 or more roots tripped over

Post by RedPaw64 » 29 December 06 3:13 pm

Received my TB today, Will get it out somewhere very shortly..

alpha993
200 or more found
200 or more found

Post by alpha993 » 29 December 06 4:46 pm

Received my TB today, on it's way soon...

pickupfamily
600 or more caches found
600 or more caches found

Post by pickupfamily » 29 December 06 7:53 pm

My "unite for diabetes" TB arrived last night: TB1ATRH which wants to go to Nis, Serbia and Montenegro! :shock: My questions are:
- should I add something else to it to personalise it?
- should I put a note with it identifying it's destination? It's going to get awfully messy once a number of these get out there all trying to go to different unidentifiable destinations.

I noticed TB1AMR5 bound for Melbourne has not yet been grabbed by anyone. I've put it on my watch list.

BTW, my Mum has Type I (previously known as juvenile-onset) diabetes, let's hope my kids avoid it.

Regards,
Simon
Pickupfamily Dad

The Morris
8500 or more caches found

Post by The Morris » 29 December 06 8:54 pm

Out TB arrived yesterday. How do you activate them - there wasn't an activation code with it?

pickupfamily
600 or more caches found
600 or more caches found

Post by pickupfamily » 29 December 06 9:08 pm

The Morris wrote:Out TB arrived yesterday. How do you activate them - there wasn't an activation code with it?
You don't need to activate it, just need to grab it using the code on the TB tag. See http://unite.geocaching.com/participate/howto.aspx

(You don't actually "own" the TB, you'll just be the first to have it in your possession.)

Regards,
Simon
Pickupfamily Dad

The Morris

Post by The Morris » 29 December 06 10:55 pm

Tnx Simon - hadn't been able to find the instructions. On it's way now